Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: big red bench thread

thecorner

big red bench thread

im sick to death of hearing about the inter toto cup although they both spoke well

its obivous there is trouble with georgie if u read between the lines

from what i could work out,its got to do with his professionalism...probably georgies lifestyle..

the inter toto is gone so could they please stop mentioing it

seemed to avoid most questions though
    Last edited by thecorner; 19/09/2004 at 5:47 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I was annoyed that nobody asked where Hoggie was! Very few questions were answered with Dolan going on about how great Cork was! Its good to hear that the club is having a meeting tomorrow to rtalk over the problems!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I thought Dolan spoke honestly and you could tell that he is upset and hurt by some of the critisism and that both he and Brian think it's unjustified.
    I was hoping he'd shed more light on the Georgie issue alright though.

Lennox made it very clear that he is in complete support of Dolan and spoke of how they are "a team". So it seems that thankfully the bullsh!t rumours that Lennox is somehow p!ssed off with Dolan are completely untrue.

Dolan had a few digs at Spillane over the John O'Flynn story and there were a few texts about it aswell. I thought Spillane trying to defend himself and the way Trevor was sucking up to him was the most pathetic segment of radio I've ever heard, Spillane only served to confirm my suspicions that he has a problem with both Lennox and Dolan.

Corner, I know what you're saying about the inter-toto but it was the highlight of our season so he might aswell mention it. I think he was just trying to point out that sometimes people forget the good things very easily and only concentrate on the negative aspects.

Overall, I was pleased with the discussion and am delighted to hear of this players meeting that Lennox is organising. Hopefully that will sort this nonsense between Georgie and Dolan.
    Champions!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Colm
    people forget the good things very easily and only concentrate on the negative aspects..
    Good point. I am also a bit tired of hearing about it now, but it was a big achievement, and has been the highlight of the season-why not mention it?

Quote Originally Posted by Colm
    Overall, I was pleased with the discussion and am delighted to hear of this players meeting that Lennox is organising. Hopefully that will sort this nonsense between Georgie and Dolan.
    Yeah-that is excellent. Good to see this professional approach from the club. Hopefully it will be a meeting fuelled by passion and committment and will bring the team together and allow the Rebel Army to march onward!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    A few points:

1. Well done to Trevor, Ruairi and the lads for providing a forum for all the texts and getting Lennox, Dolan and Spillane on. Don't understand why they could not all be on together though. (Might have nothing to do with the BRB though).

2. To be honest, I thought Dolan came across as evasive and Lennox as dismissive. We are not fools, there are problems within the club, and L & D more or less saying that there are not only increases the speculation and worry.

3. When asked about John O'Flynn not being dropped, Dolan went off on another bullsh*t tangent about what a wonderful fellow John is. We ALL KNOW what a great player and brilliant human being John O'Flynn is, but that is not the issue.

4. Brian saying that he expects us to still finish second is either a) ridiculous blind optimism, b) a chairman who will stick rigidly to the contract with his manager or c) stupid. Brian Lennox is not stupid.

5. While it was good to hear L & D speak, I'm disappointed because I feel they did not address the genuine fears and concerns of City fans. Dismissing internet comment and radio texts is all very well Pat, but its these same fans that need to be paying in the door to keep the club going.

6. Much as I hate to say it, Spillane was right. The problem in the club is not negative publicity. There IS player unrest, the results have been dire, the performances dire and trying to shift a lot of the blame to the Echo is a worrying, head in the sand attitude.

7. I sincerely hope this meeting tomorrow clears the air and sorts things out.

However, whether through the matchday magazine or on programs like the BRB, Lennox needs to be a bit more open and honest than I felt he was tonight. Lose the fans, and you endanger the future of the club.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Am i the only one who fears that the meeting tomorrow might not be a good idea. Going to be a lot of headstrong people in there (Dolan & Georgie) I fear it might descend into a shouting match.....I felt that the management should have met with all the players on an individual basis and tried to talk things through.......Some players might say things tomorrow that will be offensive to other players which IMO could end up deepen the rift within the squad

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I throughly enjoyed the "discussion" tonight. Dolan showed his paranoia about City fans brilliantly. His "everyone is entitled to their opinion" contrasted with his "opinions are like *******s" speech at the start of the season, and showed him up as a bluffer. Also, if critisism makes the club stronger, why aren't we sweeping all before us at the moment? Lennox sounded scared. Don't know if this interview is proof as to their togetherness though - he was hardly going to turn around and say, " no, dolan's messed it up" live on radio. I know there were alot of texts going in to the station, but couldn't they have been streamlined a bit better? Trevor sounded like he was playing championship manager and trying to hold a conversation at the same time. No real direct line of questioning at all.
    As for the player meeting, how's about a fan's forum with Lennox and Dolan. Not only would it quench some of the lies circulating, it might actually put City fans in the picture and make us feel a part of the club we plough our money into.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Dolan should be in politics, he didn't answer any questions and went of spouting crap about the Rebel Army and the importance of the club to the City etc etc.
    I'd have much more time for him if he came out and was honest with the fans.
    We need re assurance at a time like this and it ain't coming from him.
    Lennox did an ok job at backing him up, didn't say a whole lot to be honest and seemed uneasy at having to answer questions.
    Much and all as I think Spillage is an eejit,he did make some valid points about the situation at the club right now.
    The problem isn't Spillage.
    Dolan as such came out and said that the issues currently are the run of the mill for normal every day footballing life. Well Pat I don't think so.
    Tonights BRB did nothing to allay my fears and if anything it made me think things are not going to get better any time soon.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Of the three. Spillane came out strongest by a mile this evening IMO and I completely disagree with Colm on whether he has a problem with Dolan and Lennox - if he did, it was specific to the rubbish they were implying about him during their interviews.
    We got the usual PR BS from Dolan, avoiding all questions.
    Lennox sounded weak to me - nothing like the strong comments made in his recent programme notes. Since those comments, performances and results have dipped further, so how can he be happy. Lennox's belief that we'd finish second beggars belief based on current evidence (as the corner might ask "proof Brian?").

No light was shed on any of the issues that are currently of concern.
    It was a sham, the two of them should be in politics, playing verbal dodgeball.

Spillane made sense when he came on (with the one exception being the Flynny story from Saturday - he may have the tape, but he didn't put the article in context timing-wise), and rightly reiterated some of the real issues.

Trevor alluded to a meeting held by players themselves on training - that's a new one, and the fact that up to 7 players aren't even speaking to Dolan at the moment...

I was not one bit re-assured. Lennox on his own might have been a better idea.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Radio tonight..

First of all as i mentioned earlier i am in total support of the manager.He is only 18 MONTHS into his contract and in my opinion he has changed our club for the best.He must be given more time..

About tonights radio performance i think the fact that Pat Dolan and Brian Lennox even did the interview means unfortunately there is problems within the club.Brian Lennox as mentioned by SSS sounded very weak and i was surprised by this.I know he is a quiet sort of guy but he really needed to be stronger here to put his point across.Pat Dolan is obviously feeling the strain.Last Friday nights after match interview and again tonight on the red bench i think he did not sound himself and is upset.Dolan is a passionate guy who loves the club and City.Yes he is also a bluffer but so what?.Why is none of this Georgies fault?His comments about foreigners in the team is disgraceful.Who did he mean?.Then he talks about having a chance to sign for Nantes.Would'nt he be a foreigner on there team?.How most people are blaming Pat Dolan is beyond me.There are a lot fans on here that dont know much about football but think they do.Dont people in this City ever get sick of moaning??.Dolan has changed the image of CCFC for the better.Give him the support and the 3 years he deserves.Losing him now would be nothing shorter than SHAMEFUL!!!!!!!!!!

thecorner
    not wanting to blame anyway here but if dolan is to be believed we are gonna be one hell of a team.he wants us to be the best,not mediocore but the best.

if he delivers this,then all the trouble will be worthwhile

if he doesnt,at least he tried and we can always look backa nd thank for him for doyler,danny murphy,kearney and gamble...hope im not missing out on anyone.

i for one have been critical of him in the past but if he can make us the best,then fair enough

on the georgie front,im a massive fan and after thinking about a lot today,we all need to take a step back and look

if dolan wants us to be the best, we dont need hassle in the camp
    IF george is causing hassle,then we will have to back our manager

dolan is shrewd,it seemed that greg was also causing hassle within the ranks. but if they can all get past this,it will be great for ccfc as a hole

one thing we need is UNITY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thecorner
    not wanting to blame anyway here but if dolan is to be believed we are gonna be one hell of a team.he wants us to be the best,not mediocore but the best.

if he delivers this,then all the trouble will be worthwhile

if he doesnt,at least he tried and we can always look backa nd thank for him for doyler,danny murphy,kearney and gamble...hope im not missing out on anyone.

i for one have been critical of him in the past but if he can make us the best,then fair enough

on the georgie front,im a massive fan and after thinking about a lot today,we all need to take a step back and look

if dolan wants us to be the best, we dont need hassle in the camp
    IF george is causing hassle,then we will have to back our manager

dolan is shrewd,it seemed that greg was also causing hassle within the ranks. but if they can all get past this,it will be great for ccfc as a hole

Excellent post Corner.
    We need to have faith in what Dolan says and give him time to achieve his goals.
    He's not saying that we're going to be the best for the laugh, he really believes it. As Lennox said today, himself and Dolan are a team and they spoke of what they are building for the future of our club.
    Mark my words, we will be the best. Just because we are going through a difficult couple of weeks means nothing, success takes time but with the team of Lennox and Dolan that success will come and when it does it will be greater than we could ever have imagined.
    Keep the faith lads.
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperKev
    And dont mind saying hes a ***** and all that just cause he drives around in a fancy car and flashes the cash.
    He wouldn't be the Georgie we all know and love if he didn't do that. It's all part of his image.
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Lads

We have had Fans forum with the manager and the board on a semi regular basis for two years now

They are a fantastic clear the air session but it all depends on how open your baord are to questions

Ours are prepared to answer any and everything but that may not always be the case
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

.................................................. ..........

Agreed !!

I also think that we should back the manager, what is Georgie píssed off over exactly, he must have been píssed off before he was put on the bench. It cant be the conditions/money/etc. What is it ?
    I want to know what the players are píssed off over .... just cos the toys are being thrown from the parm doesn't mean they are not at fault. TBH, if they were putting in better performances, i might be more prepared to their concerns but for now, they should be player to the best ability no matter what, no excuses.

C'mon City !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperKev
    he lives and breeds for the club.
    does that mean we'll have loads of little georgies in our youth team in years to come?

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by joe
    does that mean we'll have loads of little georgies in our youth team in years to come?

we already have a georgie junior

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

we already have a georgie junior
    Quick thinking there corner Very good.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    . . . we can always look back and thank for him for doyler,danny murphy,kearney and gamble...hope im not missing out on anyone . . . on the georgie front,im a massive fan and after thinking about a lot today,we all need to take a step back and look . . . if dolan wants us to be the best, we dont need hassle in the camp . . .
    IF george is causing hassle,then we will have to back our manager . . . dolan is shrewd, it seemed that greg was also causing hassle within the ranks. but if they can all get past this,it will be great for ccfc as a hole . . . one thing we need is UNITY
    Great post, Corner.
    A few thoughts of my own, for what they are worth.
    This is not an anti-Georgie post. I like and admire him as a player. But . . .
    Players with exceptional talent sometimes need to be pampered, IMO. Some of them are like big babies who need to be parented as much as they need to be managed. If this is done properly, their value to the team is maintained. When a player / baby is cranky, he upsets the whole team / creche. I think that Dolan needs to see Georgie in this light. Talk of the guy leaving is popping up all over this forum. I think that if he is managed the right way, his tantrums can be turned into something more productive. Has Dolan considered making him captain, for example? Georgie has a big mouth. Why not use it to the team's advantage? Dan Murray seems unable to lift his players on the pitch. If Georgie was given this responsibility, maybe it would make him grow up.
    Injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere - Martin Luther King Jnr.

thecorner
    does anybody

has georgie actually handed in his tranfser request??????

does anybody know this for certain yet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast