Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Finn Harps v Cobh Ramblers

Saturday September 4
    Finn Park – Kick off 7:45

Finn Harps will give a debut to new signing Ian Rossiter when they face Cobh Ramblers at Finn Harps.

Rossiter is likely to come in at the back with captain Shane Bradley ruled out as they look for the three points against a Cobh Ramblers side still with the under new management signs over the door.

Stephen Henderson was officially appointed as successor to Dave Hill on Sunday and he has wasted no time changing thing though the side is short of a number of players for Saturday’s match.

Darren Murphy, Jonathan Coker, Stevie Yelverton and new signing Brendan Sweeny are all suspended while Anthony Wolfe, Eoghan Connellan and Colin Falvey are injured.

However, new signings Mark Bambury (Springfield), David Hennessy (Waterford United), Michael Mulconroy (Cork City) and Willie Byrne (Cork City) will all make their debuts while Henderson has also drafted in a number of younger players.

The new manager insists that the side have been working hard and Cobh fans can expect to see a different brand of football. “We’ve moved Robert Brosnan from centre forward to centre half and will be looking to play the ball more on the ground,” he said.

“What was happening was that Brossy was being hit early with long balls but I prefer to play with small nippy strikers. It will take a while for the players to get used to because we’ve also being working on being disciplined and keeping our shape.

“Our aim is to keep lots of clean sheets and win a few games 1-0 during the rest of the season.”

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exciting times ahead

Sounds like the crowds will be flocking to Colmans to see these exciting 1-0 games henderson wants!! what a comment! At least we have exciting football to look forward to!!! Muppet

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    What was happening was that Brossy was being hit early with long balls but I prefer to play with small nippy strikers. It will take a while for the players to get used to because we’ve also being working on being disciplined and keeping our shape#

Easy to know that Henderson has not seen to many Cobh Ramblers games as I have seen them all this season and never saw the long ball game he is talking about.

What a muppet.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the only muppets are ye 2...

if ye ever went to training ya would of heard dave shouting "hit brossy with the long ****in ball!!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rambler 16 funnily enough I dont go to training sessions I go to Football matches of which I have only missed 3 since Dave hill took over.

And as I said before I never saw Cobh Ramblers under Dave Hill play a long ball game they played Football.

Training is a totally different thing and if Dave Hill told them stand on there head in training it would not bother me it is what they do in matches that bothers me and up to know that has been playing good Football.

You Muppet.