Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Ramblers

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ramblers

According to the Echo there were only 120 people at the game last night in st colemans park. And it was a local derby v Limerick. I dunno about the rest of you but I for one feel sorry for them. I know their standard is pretty bad, but surely they could get more thasn that in. East Cork is big big catchment area after all.
    Its a pity. Id love to see them back in the premier. A good local derby would be great, with local pride etc at stake.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    the only time poor Ramblers get a crowd is when we take over the town! sadly i dont think they deserve their place in the league.....

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Pablo
    the only time poor Ramblers get a crowd is when we take over the town! sadly i dont think they deserve their place in the league.....
    Unfortuneatley, I have to agree with you. I'd be very sad to see Ramblers drop out of the league, but I don't think Ramblers are the kind of team we need if we're going to make this a successful league. To be honest it's a miracle they've lasted this long.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool

i have seen ramblers play this season and the standard of football is very poor i would reckon good msl teams would give them a good run.the reason that they have lasted so long is that they have people involved with the club who have the interests of the club first and foremost not trying to make a buck or even a euro for themselves they are ramblers through and through.they own their own ground with floodlights and have a bar in the clubhouse i personnally hope they keep going

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    how could anyone wish a club out of existence. that could be us and was the state of CCFC 4 or 5 years ago.

i read mark woods report and was thinking fair play to the paper for highlighting their plight. then i REALISED IN THE SAME EDITION THERE WAS NOT ONE REFERANCE TO CITY'S MATCH GAINST UCD.some supporters of local football they are themselves.

the echo's coverage of ccfc is dire.

as for cobh i hope it gets better
    john flynn? - awesome!!!!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I was down at three or four Ramblers games this year and bar the city match, the place has been dead all season. There's no atmosphere and the team's brutal. I'd hate to see them go though.
    The glass isn't half full or half empty it's just too damn big!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    dont get me wrong, i hate to see them doing so badly, but are they really up to it? if their was relegation in the first division they'd have gone long go.

re-election on a regular basis is all they have ever won

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I dont really take much of an interest in Ramblers, but wern't they in the play-offs V Bohs about 3 years ago and mid table pretty consistantly since then. I dont think that they have had to be re-elected AFIK. Longford were in the same position a few years ago, if not worse, and they have turned things around. I think that the bottom of the first division will always be like this no matter what.
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Cruel to be kind

True Ramblers have probably never had to be re-elected but i don't think they've ever stayed up in the Premier for more than 2 seasons.

Longford were alsolute no hoper bottom of the 1st divisioners but they actually did something about progressing whereas the likes of Ramblers haven't progressed in the last 10 years.

This is why the 10 team Premier is needed.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    For Gods sake lads I for one want Ramblers to stay in the league and I also want to see more Cork teams in the national league. Rockmount and Leeds would easily be up to the dire standard that is first division football no seriously all jokes aside I mean how many fecking teams from Dublin are in both divisions.We need more Cork teams not less at national level!!!
    Cobh Ramblers have mastered the art of consistency.That is the art of being constantly rubbish

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    i dont think anybody would argue with that. but would the quality be there? the fickle cork public barly support City let alone another club.....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Both clubs seem to be suffering from lack of proper exposure.
    It would be sad to see the Ramblers out of the league. It's bad enough with the amount of Dublin teams around that there be less Munster teams, never mind just Cork.
    As it looks Galway and Monaghan are going down. It could also be Longford and Bray. Than would leave City travelling to at least Dublin for every away match or further northwards..

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Which i spose if the FAI got their fingers out and put some money into the league there wouldn't be a problem. I mean, where is all the eircom Park money gone. If this league is to survive, and i am including the premier division, it needs good investment from the top, to those clubs who are suffering. IMO Ramblers will cease to exist as an eircom League team in the next few years, as will Limerick, Kilkenny, Finn harps etc unless there is some dractic action taken.
    However charity starts at home and clubs cannot always be asking for handouts. Still though a little 'kick start' would be nice, if not absolutely required.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Lightbulb Eircom Park money

By Eircom Park money you speak of i prsume you referring to the extra cash the FAI will get if Stade de Bertie goes ahead. I believ this is part of the normal government capital grants but just that the FAI gets 15 as opposed to 5 million as in previous years.

I think jan 6th is the closure date for these grants but clubs need to provide at least 30% of a projects costs themselves. I think there may be some scope for the FAI to make up some of the 30%.

Its pointless giving handouts to clubs like Rambers anyway. I think the FAI are going about things the correct way at the moment by detailing a development plan with regional academys which can be used by all clubs levels of football & clubs in each area.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

And even Bertie

supports that idea, he said so this week ..... and he should know, he really cares. Him being a football fan and all.

Eerr ... aahh ... i think ... aahhh ... Man Utd .... are aahh ammmhh ...... GREAT !!

The FAI are right though, about time they done this, but it is all going to be done by 2004, sheeze thats just great !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.