Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Match series 19

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    389 Posts
    Excellent game of football alright. We've played a hell of a lot worse this season and won. Well on top for pretty much all the game but Cork were very dangerous on the break.

Strangest part of the night was Quigley and North having a game of rock, paper, scissors to decide who got to take the penalty. Quigley missed a sitter right at the end as well. How he wasn't started ahead of Dillon I don't know at all. Although he did give the ball away for their second goal.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    That could be a huge point for the bitters come the end of the season, especially as it's only three days after a long European trip.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Quigley and North having a game of rock, paper, scissors to decide who got to take the penalty.
    Obviously Quigley won but what did he pick?
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Best game I've seen all season, fast pace to the whole game. Cork dangerous on the break a few times, mainly us other than that. Would have been a tragedy if we didn't get a point, deserved all 3 but looked like we were gonna get nothing so happy enough in the end. No ground lost on Pat's so I'll take that.

Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    Not scissors anyway, he hasn't seen that in a while.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    No ground lost on Pat's so I'll take that.
    As for the Drogs? Easily forgettable i know but breathing down you necks?? 4pts ....Mick Cooke to Dundalk

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    To think out of 17 games Shamrock Rovers have only managed to win 6 is amazing. Most considered it the best assembled LOI team ever. So much for dominating Irish Football for the next 5 or 6 years after to doing well in Europe which a few on this were afraid might happen.

Hats off to Mick Cooke and Drogheda United. They still seem to be tipping away under the radar without many talking about them.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Who considered it the best assembled LOI team ever? I think most Rovers fans at least acknolwedged it was weaker than last year's side. Sullivan is back now, but he, Stevens and Sheppard were easily the best players in their position in the league when they left.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    389 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    I think they had to do it twice. Presume they must have picked the same first time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Next few weeks is massive for us - away to Pat's, home to Drogheda, away to Shams. If we're to show that we can win the league, I'd be disappointed with less than five points out of that and very pleased with more. It's going to stretch our squad, but things are looking better with Connolly in there and PMilly showing he's good for 90.

Funny enough, we had Rovers legend Mick Leonard on the pitch at half-time. My last memory of seeing him playing in the Showgies was in a game where we came from two down to draw 2-2 with Cork Alberts, with Mick hitting the equaliser past Alex Ludzic.
    Last edited by Fivesilver; 23/07/2012 at 9:32 AM.
    "Even if the wind stops to blow
    Even if the sea ceases to flow
    Even if the sun ceases to rise
    The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning star glittering in the sky."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    389 Posts

12. Thanks From:

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Who considered it the best assembled LOI team ever? I think most Rovers fans at least acknolwedged it was weaker than last year's side. Sullivan is back now, but he, Stevens and Sheppard were easily the best players in their position in the league when they left.
    Plenty but I'm not going to go looking for every comment. It was across a few different boards also. It wasn't Shamrock Rovers fans by the way it was fans from most other clubs. Some top players left but also some very good replacements came in. Regardless of who is gone I still think a return of 6 wins is shocking and no one expected it. A lot on this thought ye would be challenged for a while but end up running away with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,350 Posts
    Cracking free from Quigley there, makes me wish there was someone videoing Harps v Wexford the other night to show McHugh's free.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Plenty but I'm not going to go looking for every comment. It was across a few different boards also. It wasn't Shamrock Rovers fans by the way it was fans from most other clubs. Some top players left but also some very good replacements came in. Regardless of who is gone I still think a return of 6 wins is shocking and no one expected it. A lot on this thought ye would be challenged for a while but end up running away with it.
    Irrespective of the "best LOI squad/team ever (an argument/debate/discussion best had over a few post match pints ) there is no doubt the current shams team have underachieved so far this season. when I have seen them this season they look very disjointed and not as good as the sum of the parts. Constnt changes (especialy in defence) and some dodgy new recruits have bled them of any consistency on the pitch. Some less than impressive team/tactics selections have also not helped Stephen Kennys case.

............... Long may it last

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Plenty but I'm not going to go looking for every comment. It was across a few different boards also. It wasn't Shamrock Rovers fans by the way it was fans from most other clubs. Some top players left but also some very good replacements came in. .
    ???? Brennan, Hawkins, Powell, Gilbert, Jannson not to mention the backroom non-entities, the current Rovers squad and set-up is a farce, likewise the manager and so-called coaches.

The fact that shligo have only increased their lead over the hoops by two points since the 3-0 trouncing in bitterville is possibly the only thing keeping spock in a job.

Hurry the fook up and finish the useless fecker off will yous

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Any truth to the story goin round about SOC's head butt atempt on Ger O'Brien? and then having to jump into the away fans section to escape?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailor View Post
    Any truth to the story goin round about SOC's head butt atempt on Ger O'Brien? and then having to jump into the away fans section to escape?
    Let this be true.

Possibly one of my favourite Limerick players of all time.

An utter see you n tee and couldn't care less.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    As for the Drogs? Easily forgettable i know but breathing down you necks?? 4pts ....Mick Cooke to Dundalk
    I'm not worried about Drogheda. Once we finish above Pat's we'll win the league.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    I'm not worried about Drogheda. Once we finish above Pat's we'll win the league.
    Im going to bookmark this page. Just in case I need to come back to it in November........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DUFC4life View Post
    Im going to bookmark this page. Just in case I need to come back to it in November........
    You won't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I don't think Drogs will win the league either but it will some story if they are still challenging come the run-in. There can't be any doubt that Mick Cooke will be manager of the year, is there? Stephen Kenny a close second.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast