Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tension Lennox/Dolan...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Nightdub
    Unless you're counting the registration season, which I didn't think anyone outside Inchicore does, Dolan managed us to one title (1998). Liam Buckley was in charge in 1999. How did Dolan do it? Spend, spend, spend and, in fairness to him, a lot of the motivational stuff that he's good at (or was anyway, maybe the record has got a bit worn in the meantime). Not a lot of tactical finesse though - aim for Gilzean to knock it down to Molloy, bang bang bang.

Compare Cork '04 to Pats '98:
    Keeper - Devine v Trevor Wood - about even
    Defence - About even, Pats '98 maybe shading it
    Attack - O'Flynn & Fenn / O'Callaghan v Gilzean & Molloy - you're far better off
    The crucial difference is in midfield - youse don't have Eddie Gormley and Paul Osam
    and ye had martin russell- a class act. that trio were brilliant. strong, skillfull, determined, aggressive. also colin hawkins was a player who looked like a class act for the future

gilzean was a nacker but a very useful player . hopefully stephen o'flynn can add that aggressive edge up front.

we defo need that edge in midfield as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i think in terms of flair they mite be better DrN. But in terms of goals this season are they ahead up front compared to 98? no

by the way the 98 99 defence was legendary and is way out ahead of cork

cork dont have the packie lynches and the colin hawkins(in his prime)

cork have won nothing in two years under dolan - their waffle content has gone into overdrive like their wage bill = and a large squad half of who dont play regular ball - yet the end product dont match the hype-ola

a lot of them are buying this "3 year plan" bullsh!t but surely the smarter ones are beginning to twig by this stage??????????
    Last edited by wws; 24/08/2004 at 11:26 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cathal
    why do you support city? i support them in the hope they will win the league and or cup. how can a one all draw against the *******isedbowlerdised team that is dublin city be a good thing.

if want fine art go to the louvre prado or the tate.
    'Tis no wonder that you're confused, boy. When you show some sign of actually having read my post, I will reply.
    Injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere - Martin Luther King Jnr.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fair_play_boy
    'Tis no wonder that you're confused, boy. When you show some sign of actually having read my post, I will reply.
    i would if you could explain yourself correctly.

oh yeah the last three places aren't local pubs in cork but art galleries. is that what you couldn't understand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12