Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Time for changes..time for people to go!!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Time for changes..time for people to go!!!

after seeing last nights game a load of the fans are after coming to the conclusion we need drastic changes in the club!!

its time for....

1 the board to be voted out
    2 a new manager definitaly
    3 a new look squad (bar some players)
    4 LOTS of new players!

were a 1st division team going no where!!!

we were so **** last night it was unbelivable!! and then people wanted to stay after the match and clap the team onto the bus!? why???

what a waste of money it was going up there and see the players we pay put in a TERRIBLE preformance and its not the first time this season!!

were to ****in friendly with this team and that will get us no where!!

its time for BIG changes in the club!

and i'm sick of the stupid excusses people come up with for us having bad preformances!

last night i even saw one of our own fans going for dave hill!

daves had his day,hes brought the team as far as he can bring them and after last night i think he should just quit and do everyone including himself a favour!

roll on next ****in season!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    While I agree with some of your sentiments I dont agree with others.

Yes we need a new board some people with a vision for the future who can take the club to the next level.

The Manager needs the backing of the board which he has not had for a long while there is to much politics envolved to even start with.

Dave Hill is a good Manager and I would like to see him stay with a new board in place for at least 1 season the problem at the moment is the board are no good to anyone as they are split down the middle there are those who want to go forward and those who want to go back to MSL.

The other main pronblem Dave has at the moment is the fat man dolan who has signed every half decent player in Cork and is not willing to let any of them come to Cobh.

It is never a waste of money following a team you love no matter how tough it gets you have to take the rough with the smooth.I have travelled the country for years following Cobh ramblers I have seen us beaten many times but you will always learn and I have never called for a managers head.

It is easy for supporters to go up and abuse the Manager they go to 1 away game and they feel they have that right to do that.Go to every away game and then you can Judge.

Lastley which playes would you get rid of I would be intrigued to know.

The ramblers team is one of the youngest in the League and on there day we have some great players and if you were in Ballyboffey when they held Finn Harps to a 0-0 draw or in UCD when the drew 1-1 or even when the won 3-2 last week against Sligo you would know that.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    what good is having a "young" team?? when
    1 all our good young players leave after a season or two ta city or waterford,and
    2 you need players with experience.

were you at the athlone match?? because if you were you would of seen a terrible display of football and clearly a manager that is not able to manage a team.

and the board are in fact afraid of hill so who cares if he has there backing or not?

they've given him money,why doesn't he go off and sign some players!? we've a squad smaller than lims at the moment.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobhrambler 16
    what good is having a "young" team?? when
    1 all our good young players leave after a season or two ta city or waterford,and
    2 you need players with experience.

were you at the athlone match?? because if you were you would of seen a terrible display of football and clearly a manager that is not able to manage a team.

and the board are in fact afraid of hill so who cares if he has there backing or not?

they've given him money,why doesn't he go off and sign some players!? we've a squad smaller than lims at the moment.

Obiviously, Disappointed with the Result. Didn't get to the game Felt it was going to be an uphill struggle to win or draw when the backbone of the team were not there. A 1-0 defeat is hard to take with only half a team incl. Hill who I thought was retired from the game but felt even at his age he had more to offer the team than the young lads.

And by the sounds of the Echo report were lucky to be still in the game at the end of the 1st half. And maybe should have stole a draw at the end.

The club need to stand together and all sing from the same hymn sheet. And until we start getting a mix of youth and experience we will always be the nearly made it team.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Reply to Cobh RAMBLER 16

Like APPRENTICE RAMBLER i agree with only some of what you say .
    The fault with not succeeding in Athlone lies not with thoese who played but with the ones who took off on holidays and didnt play .As Dave Hill said when interviewed in the Echo he asked everybody at the start of the year for a commitment not to go and take holidays --some gave it -some did not .
    As regards saying it was a inept preformance against Athlone remember only three players played in their usual positions ---and five people played who would not normally have got their game .
    Also four players playing were not fully fit .Taking all this into account it wasnt a bad showing at all .
    Were the whole thing is going wrong is off the field .Its the way the Club is run .
    And the comment about pay is a joke --i can tell you some of what you would call our star players in Athlone would not be able to pay their train fare to Dublin in what they got in their pay packets this week .So its not for the money their playing but the love of the Club and the respect they have for Dave Hill . .
    As i say -so much going on ---why agree to playing on a Friday night--the Club if they cared should be strong anough to object to this --but no they didnt --two of our players actually woked on Friday morning ealy to be able to get off work ---one starting at 5.30. a.m .No way should a Club accept travelling to Athlone on a working day for any sort of a match let alone a Cup match This is no preperation surly .

.I remember once about 4.years ago Cobh refusing to play a under 18. game against Cork City because because 3. of their players were working shift work .AND PART TIME SHIFT WORK AT THAT .
    And they refused to turn up and got the match rescheduelled .We dont put our payers first we dont listen to our players -We are a shambles of a club .
    Theres a lot wrong --to much to go into here .Even the organising of travelling and eating for the players went all wrong on Friday last .
    I think taking everything into account it was heroic to come away from Athlone only 1. nil down
    Lets learn from this disaster and look with confidence to the future .
    WE NEED A GENERAL MEETING TO SORT THINGS OUT
    yours Pele
    pele

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Cobh Rambler 16 unfortunatly you do not have a clue what you are talking about.Bren has pointed out a few factors that you need to take in to consideration and the board were far from afraid of Dave Hill most of them wanted him out.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ramblers... If most of them want him out why don't they give him the sack then??

No instead he forced the board into giving him a 2 year contract

Out with the board and Dave Hill.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Time For Change

Bren,i Right We Need An E.g.m. Urgently To Sort Out The Mess The Club Is In.the Board Were Put In Place To Run The Club,they Must Answer All The Question,s Being Raise Re The Running/performance Of The Club On/off The Pitch.if As Suggested By Comment,s That The Board Are Split On Going Forward Or Returning To The M.s.l Then The E.g.m. Is A Must.a Decision Must Be Reached As To The Way Forward For The Club,only When This Problem Is Solved Can You Look At The Future Of The Club.

Re Athlone Cup Game.
    It Saddened Me To See At The End Of The Game A Few So Called Fan,s Shout Abuse At Tony Tynan(i Did Not Hear Exact Comments),he Was Very Upset By Comments.it's Worse To Read That One So Called Fan Went For Dave Hill.we Knew The Team Problem's Before We Went To Athlone.we Should Admire The Team On The Field For The Performance They Put In On The Night,they Wore The Cobh Jersey With Pride.i 100% Agree With Ramblers Comments Above Re Supporting The Team.

Re Dave Hill
    I Was Sad To See Dave Resign,no Matter Waht The Reason Dave Done A Good Job.dave Has Made Jis Decision So Lets Wish Him All The Best For The Future.

No Matter What Manager Is Appointed,no Matter What Player<s Come Or Go At The Club Until The Board Problems Are Solved We Are Going N O W H E R E.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    time for an E.G.M. so.
    who can call it??

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    To Cobhrambler16
    Not Sure On The Cobh Club Rules ,one Would Have To Get A Copy Of Same.
    E.g.m Works Along The Lines Below.
    (a)normally In Club Rules An E G M Can Be Called When A Set Number Of Members ( The Number Needed Is Stated In The Club Rules) Give At Least 28 Days Notice In Writing To The Secretary And Chairman.
    (b)the Secretary Then Notify All Members In Writing,giving At Least 14 Days Notice And States The Object Of The Meeting At Which No Other Matters May Be Discussed.
    C)again In The Rule Book It Will State U Need A Set Number Of Members Present By The Start Of The E.g.m For The Meeting To Go Ahead.

It Works Something Like Above But I Am No Expert On Club Rules.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation

The Future of rams looks bleak unless hometown spirit is re-injected.
    Rockmount are at the stage now where da club was in '83.Good cup run and next into the League of Ireland. Unless something is done rapidly who is to say it wont be long before us and Rockmount are swapping Leagues.
    I know , i know... quit ur sighing-i dont want it to happen either, but unless da board get there fingers out and start asking and answering some serious questions the club is doomed.
    Back to the hometown spirit part. I think a local manager for the time being should be given the caretaker position- O'Rourke or Mellerick. Ther is enough local talent in cobh(past and present) to form a good back bone in the team and maybe draw some sort of a crowd back. Thera are a couple of players who left in the past two yaers from cobh playing senior league at a better standard than rams at the mo!!
    A couple with Wanderers and two or three good explayers with Corinthians.Contact these lads id say there gaggin to get back to play with cobh!!

Lets see what this crowd on the committee are really made of!.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'd be surprised if Georgie would want the post again. He could probably do without the hassle and is tied up a bit with Fota Golf Club I'd say.
    He'd get a bit of spirit back though and get local talent and ex players playing for the Rams again if he did take it though.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dave Hill, sorry to see him go.

First of all i'd like to thank dave for all he's done for cobh. He's brought a professional attitude to the club and i know each and every player has improved since he's been here.

Second of all, i'd like to reply to anyone who thinks dave has brought the team as far as he can. Sorry guys but that's rubbish. I challenge anybody who's watched us over tha past year to name a team that has out played us,with football ability. None. The only Teams that seem to beat us are long ball larries like Kildare and UCD. OK you may argue that at least their gettin the results. That's fine if you want to have neck ache for 90mins.At least we get to see young kids playin good football, and that's what they are by and large. The new manager is goin to inherit a great bunch of kids to work with. I just hope he can keep their progression goin, and respect the amount of work Dave has done and the foundations he's set. I think only in time will we see the benifits of that. Cheers Dave. You'll be missed. Well by us lot anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    I'd rather win ugly than lose looking all pretty, but your losing ugly
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goodmorning
    The only Teams that seem to beat us are long ball larries ... UCD.
    Did you see either of your games against us? Not only did we not hoof the ball, we also didn't win either game!
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    must agree 100% with goodmorning above,could not have put it in better words.
    i have enjoyed watching the team play great football under dave , if we had a bit of luck and a better standard of referee we wouild be well up the table.
    let us hope the new manager will continue dave's good work.