Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Murray

thecorner

Murray

time to drop one of the central defenders and its not benno

every game one of his clearances goes wayward,its gonna lead to a goal sooner or later

dolan needs to change the team................BIG TIME

we are being found out
    Last edited by thecorner; 15/08/2004 at 12:16 AM.

Corner NO1

Valid point

Wasnt at the match but tis true bout the wayward clearances,ave been noticin it for a wile..there is rarely a game wen this doesnt happen..for any other position except in goal it mite be exceptable... but in central defence(and goal) these mistakes cost games.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thecorner
    every game one of his clearances goes wayward,its gonna lead to a goal sooner or later

dolan needs to change the team................BIG TIME

we are being found out
    Benno does the same thing. Last night he passed the ball to a Shels player just inside our half, having dawdled on the ball for way too long.
    I don't think there's much in it between the two of them and anyway, who do we bring on?? We don't have better centrebacks in the squad.

Dolan needing to change the team - too right. Hoggie and Nwankwo in for starters. Then a new centre half, when he signs him next week, hopefully.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtreme rebel
    . Where will Nwankwo play?? Kearney was class for the past 10 games.

Hoggie has to start soon....Lordan would struggle to make the Ramblers team.
    I know there's not much in it at the moment given Kearney's Euro performances, but Nwankwo gets my vote. Outside of Europe, the only time I've been really impressed with Liam was the Waterford game. He has not, IMO, delivered consistently domestically.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sorry Xtreme Rebel but I completely disagree with you here.

Lordan has been brilliant since he came into the team. He has a football brain. He is a young player playing way beyond his years. Our problem with him will be keeping in a couple of years. Yes he is small ( in comparrison to Heary ) but the kid has incredible talent. He got caught yesterday because no one opened up for the ball ( others went hiding - no names, it was there for everyone to see ) yet his natural instinct was not to "hoof". He is learning and will be a star in time.

Hoggy is a great player but is so far behind from a fitness perspective now it would be stupid to play him. Look at what has happened Flynny. Hoggy should take his time, get the balance of fitness and avoiding strains and tears to other muscles right. IMO he should target next season and forget about this one ( likewise with Stephen O'Flynn ) Flynny is ruined because he came back too early and could be jepardising his carrer the way he is carrying on.

We've seen it time and time again players doing more damage than the original injury bay coming back too early.
    Irish by birth,
    Cork by the grace of God.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Counting Crow

Lordan has been brilliant since he came into the team. He has a football brain. He is a young player playing way beyond his years. Our problem with him will be keeping in a couple of years. Yes he is small ( in comparrison to Heary ) but the kid has incredible talent. He got caught yesterday because no one opened up for the ball ( others went hiding - no names, it was there for everyone to see ) yet his natural instinct was not to "hoof".

Hoggy should take his time, get the balance of fitness and avoiding strains and tears to other muscles right. IMO he should target next season
    Lordan has done well on balance, but Hoggie is better. And there are times when a hoof is better than giving it away in your own half ( 3 times last night). He may be great in time, but Hoggie is the man for now.

As for Hoggie writing this season off... That's a bit excessive I'd say. He's already played a few games (U21, friendly etc) without, AFAIK, any setbacks.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I dont think Nwanko is a left winger though. He doesnt seem to have an attacking instinct. If he is to be used, use him as a central midfilder.

As for Lordan. Yes he had a shocker yesterday, as did pretty much the rest of the team. But he has done very very well since coming into the team. Of course when Hoggy is fit again he should come back into the team.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If we were to sign a new centre defender how about moving dan to centre mid? He would have a great presence and is vewry tough and is a ball winner. Before somebody asks though, i don't know who i'd drop, if it were colin and dan that would be a bit too defensive minded for me but could work. Georgie has been playing on/off for the last few games, he needs a wake up call.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtreme rebel
    Lordan just doesn't impress me. He hoofs alot, gets caught in possession and whoever plays on the RM suffers because of it
    can't agree with that XR, IMO the converse is true, Woods didn't offer for Lordan so he has to go long or risk walking it out of defence, as CC said

Quote Originally Posted by Counting Crow
    He got caught yesterday because no one opened up for the ball ( others went hiding - no names, it was there for everyone to see ) yet his natural instinct was not to "hoof".
    People are criticising The back four for their distribution yesterday, but I can't rememebr George, Woods or Kearney (for the second half anyway) showing for the ball or coming to collect a pass.

You can only criticise a player for hoofing if he has a better pass on, last night none of our midfielders offered that better option.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

eastcork
    Put Nwanko in the middle instead of George or Colin. Why can't one of them be dropped....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I don't see any reason to drop Lordan. OK, he's a bit light, but he's just a kid. As he grows, he'll bulk up a bit. It's his first season. He'll improve. A great prospect. As the title is now gone as a realistic prospect, then we should let him use the rest of the season to get games under his belt and develop into a decent player.

As for Billy - why do we continue to use him on the right hand side of the pitch when he's naturally left sided?

As for our central defenders - neither of them would get near the Shels team. Having said that, who else do we have? Kevin Murray? Unless we sign someone for this position, can't see any point in changing the team around.

PS - Hasn't taken us long to switch from "Greatest team in Europe" to a position where we're calling for changes?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    also Joe Gamble offers nothing extra tothe midfield....I am still trying to figure out why we signed him as he looks like he has the first touch of a wardrobe and doesn't look fit....hopefully he'llprove me wrong but at thisa stage I doubt it
    Bring back the plank

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcork
    Put Nwanko in the middle instead of George or Colin. Why can't one of them be dropped....

are you mad

georgie and colin are brilliant together in the middle of the park

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamon

As for Billy - why do we continue to use him on the right hand side of the pitch when he's naturally left sided?
    Billy's naturally right footed, he takes corners with his right
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruairi
    Billy's naturally right footed, he takes corners with his right
    Seriously?
    In that case, he's even worse than I thought. I was making allowances for him playing ball on his weaker foot.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    our midfield was crap - but have been playing well enough recently - and i do think lordan isnt ready. we looked so lightwieght against shells.hoggy will definitely be better option.i feel so deflated after friday night. **** game on the box again - been slagged off in work again - it so hard at times supporting city.
    Eskimos pussys are very cold.......

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynninio
    been slagged off in work again - it so hard at times supporting city.

bad form when ur been slagged off for city losing even when ur living in cork

strange

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by what biy!
    yeah i would agree with u on this. dan makes some great runs there at times and he dosnt lose the ball. defensive midfielder perfect and we would win some high balls in the centre of the park

thats all well and good but how the fook can u drop georgie or colin...u just cant

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thecorner
    thats all well and good but how the fook can u drop georgie or colin...u just cant
    No one should be "undroppable" (if thats a word?).
    We are not good enough at the moment, so changes will have to be made.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Dan is too slow to play in the middle of the park. He has physical presence but if he actually used his stranght a bit he'd have twice as much physical presence and might actually intimidate forwards. I'm all for defenders being able to play nice football out of the backline but for me their main job is as 'stoppers'. They are there to not let the opposition strikers play and that has to be their priority. Dan and Cillian are a bit too football minded for my liking. I'd like to see hoggie coming into the team as he is stronger in the tackle.

If Dan is out of contract in 3 months and it's playing on his mind then why doesn't he just sign a new one???

People are constantly on about dropping Kearney and playing Nwanko, why???

I'm a big fan of both but it's clearly obvious that Kearney is a winger and Nwanko isn't

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast