Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: SD Galway (Home) - 23/3/2012

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    858 Posts

SD Galway (Home) - 23/3/2012

They have lost twice, albeit narrowly, and taken a point at home to Wexford having scored twice and conceded four in their three opening games. I suppose they would take a point on Friday and keep it tight. We should be putting them away at home and with Athlone and Longford next up, both sides presently above us, we will know a lot more in three games time.

I think Limerick will win Friday, I would like to think we will win convincingly but 2-0 would do fine. No clean sheet so far either, would be good to correct that.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    It's all about results but we really need a good performance on Friday we need to stop with the stoke city type of football (long throws, hoofing balls) we have enough quality and imagination in the squad to keep it on the floor.

3-1

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I expect SD Galway to be stronger than previous years but anything less than 3 points is unacceptable and I'm sure the team know that. Once we keep our composer and don't under estimate SD then we should win handy. The home crowd could do with seeing a perfromance. We are still to really get going in my opinion.

Limerick 3-1 SD Galway

Att: 450

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    The win is most important but really hope we dont have to sit through another performance like the last 2....Reckon we will win it but think we will ake it hard fo rourselves again.

1-0 Limerick.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    I think we'll win tonight but it's difficult to see things changing too much in regard to performance. A clean sheet would be a bonus too.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Like a different team tonight kept the ball down and played some lovely football. Good move from Scully putting the 2 up top it was badly needed and it worked well.
    Dom Foley is excellent imo his touch is amazing should have had a 2nd goal though Behan should have scored too from a lovely flick from Dom thought Foley should have gotten man of the match but Gaffney was very good too.
    I think it looked better again when David O'Leary came on,just think he is more ready then McGann at the moment.
    Shane Tracy makes a massive difference in trying to play football he is excellent on the ball also thought Garry Sheahan did very well when he came on he is making great progress since his return.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    AGree with that played well tonight foleys goal was a lovely calm finish. Was surprised to see Kelly not starting was paudie Quinn injuried?

Big game next week away in athlone keep it going and keep starting with two up top.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Very very good. 4-4-2 looked great. BWA, was thinking the same about Tracy, he makes a huge difference, ball on the deck all night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas72 View Post
    AGree with that played well tonight foleys goal was a lovely calm finish. Was surprised to see Kelly not starting was paudie Quinn injuried?

Big game next week away in athlone keep it going and keep starting with two up top.
    Na Paudie was on the bench.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Much better performance and its very clear to see how good we can be with the ball on the deck. Dominic Foley and Behan where like two completely different players to the last few weeks. McGann did excellent in the middle and stood out a lot more than Gamble. Gaffney had one of his best games for us and I thought Shane Tracey made a big difference. Back four where pretty solid and only one or two shaky moments from Corie and Andrew.

We need to play like that again next week and try up it a gear against Athlone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Much better performance and its very clear to see how good we can be with the ball on the deck. Dominic Foley and Behan where like two completely different players to the last few weeks. McGann did excellent in the middle and stood out a lot more than Gamble. Gaffney had one of his best games for us and I thought Shane Tracey made a big difference. Back four where pretty solid and only one or two shaky moments from Corie and Andrew.

We need to play like that again next week and try up it a gear against Athlone.
    Wouldnt agree with this being honest think we looked better when he came off and O'Leary came on imo. Not saying McGann was bad just don't think he was that good either spells of games seem to pass him out same as Mervue game thinks its because he is so young. Think we should bring him into things a bit more slowly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Wouldnt agree with this being honest think we looked better when he came off and O'Leary came on imo. Not saying McGann was bad just don't think he was that good either spells of games seem to pass him out same as Mervue game thinks its because he is so young. Think we should bring him into things a bit more slowly.
    Thought he did well with the ball at his feet and got stuck in. Thought O'Leary was good when he came on too mind. Christ when you look at their ages there is serious potential there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Thought he did well with the ball at his feet and got stuck in. Thought O'Leary was good when he came on too mind. Christ when you look at their ages there is serious potential there.
    Ha ya its class they are both very good players with years ahead of em.....I think McGann is a very good player i just think his lack of experience makes him a bit too cautious at times.
    Id just have it the other way around with McGann coming on in place of O'Leary,theres Bradley to come back too then of course.
    Gamble seems to be pushing forward more now getting involved in attacks which i think is a good thing.