Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Eligibility Thread or Player Threads? Please clarify.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,633 Posts

Eligibility Thread or Player Threads? Please clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Maybe the McClean thread should be split into two: 'McClean: The football thread' and 'McClean: The politics thread'. Then we can do the same for attacks on Stephen Ireland's character and his football. Then perhaps one thread discussing Robbie Keane's performances for Ireland/Villa and another in which people can state that they like or dislike him.

Ignore the political discussion if it doesn't interest you. Many find it valid and worthy of discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Praha View Post
    There's obviously a large difference of opinion on this topic among the forum member.
    Maybe it's time the mods got involved to clarify the situation - after all what else are they there for?

So please mods let us know what the stance of Foot.ie on this subject is.
    This will either stop people complaining about whwn other bring up the political side of the debate or stop those bringing up the political side of the debate from complaining when they are told to shut up and bring it to another thread.
    please see the two attached quotes from the James McClean thread in the Irish forum. Posters are looking for clarification on what is acceptable and what is not acceptable in a players thread. I stringly believe and always have, that the players thread should relate to player news and performance and things of that nature. The eligibility thread should be about player eligibility and other political issues that a huge majority of posters are not interested in and/or do not get involved in. The James McClean thread has been taken over in the last week with debate about eligibility and for those who have no interest, it is quite tiring.

We would like to see some debate here leading to the mods clarifying the intent of player threads and the eligibility thread and to start moderating accordingly.

Thanks!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,633 Posts
    Good discussion! High fives all round for getting this one resolved! Yeah!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts
    I have no opinion on this either way tbh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    My opinion is that his thread should be about his footballing career solely because those who are actually interested in hearing about his football have that thread to keep up to date and get opinions and those that want to talk about political stuff already have to their own thread to do that.

I notice that certain posters only seem to post about the political stuff and were McClean not from the North there wouldn't be a peep from them in his thread.
    Last edited by gustavo; 20/02/2012 at 11:01 AM.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo View Post
    My opinion is that his thread should be about his footballing career solely because those who are actually interested in hearing about his football have that thread to keep up to date and get opinions and those that want to talk about political stuff already have to their own thread to do that.

I notice that certain posters only seem to post about the political stuff and were McClean not from the North there wouldn't be a peep from them in his thread.

It would be odd for them to get involve in a discussion about Wes Hoolahan's eligibility as being from Dublin is hardly contentious in that area.

Of course a thread regarding any player from Derry, Antrim, Down, Armagh, Tyrone or Fermanagh is going to have an element of discussion about their provenance and if they had played for the IFA's underage teams before as well, then inevitably there is going to be a political discussion.

I don't know why that's a surprise?
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

7. Thanks From: