Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Junior Season 2004/5 predictions

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Junior Season 2004/5 predictions

as you all know, limerick leads the way in ireland in junior soccer and this is probably to the detriment of the senior game.
    the new ldmc season is about to get underway, pre-season training has already kicked in - who will prevail this season
    premier - the view gets my vote
    1a - ul/aa to steal the show
    1b -

any thoughts

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think maybe Balla could do it again after going unbeaten last year..Apparantly they have a couple of new signings this season that will strengten them too...I would have to agree with you on 1A although Wembley have some good Minors coming through as do Corbally so they will be up there i think...Herbertstown will take points off of these 2 teams after there promotion from 1B.......

Div 1b..Shannon Town to go straight back up with Pike B

Div 2A Shelbourne will win this purely because they are paying Tommy Lynch Big Bucks and he will bring players with him to do it.

After that im lost

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    After seeing the relegation play off I think Shannon are going to struggle in 1b. Until ULAA get a settled team and a bit of unity they'll win nothing. Herbertstown will do well in 1A. If 1B is as even as it was last year its impossible to call. Be interesting to see how Athlunkard get on after scoring 70 something goals last season. Pike B and Dromore both threw away silly points that cost them promotion. Rumour as it that Prospect are in serious trouble.
    Can't believe Shelbourne got Tommy Lynch.
    Looking forward to seeing how Abbey and Regional get on in the Premier. Of all the teams that went up in recent years they may be the best suited to the top division.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think Both will struggle ...Abbey have no defence although john walsh (Walla) has taken over so he might add a few ...Both teams need at least 5 players each although regional probably have the better squad at the moment and there pitch isent as good as Abbeys so they might do better...Abbeys new pitch is too good and they will be torn apart on premier pitches unless they get players...Summerville have been one of the most successful teams that have come up in recent years because the have a bad tight pitc which they use to there advantage and fair play to them for that

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think Balla will probably do it again. Don't hold much hope for the two teams coming up, but i'lll admit I haven't seen much of them playing. From what I hear regional have a good footballing side but that could be to their detriment when they come up against the big guns. Think they have a few ex-Limerick players? Abbey will badly need to strenghten their squad to make an impression.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I think Balla are by far the best prospects to win it, but don't be too surprised if theres a bit of dissent in the camp. I believe Ray O'Halloran has taken over, and Ray, while he was a super player, wouldn't make a great manager in my opinion.I know he used to p1ss off a lot of the Limerick lads in the latter years with his attitude, and if the attitude is still the same, it won't wash with a fair few of the Balla lads.
    My alternative would be Pike, who are always there or there abouts in the League.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree Joe...He could a bit of hassle there alright.He will run it like a pro outfit but he has to understand at the end of the day its only Junior football and lads will go for a few pints on a friday night if they have a match sunday...24 hours is enough on the junior scene id say..although Christy earls was strict with them and there was no excess drinking tolerated and it stood to them ....Also the players that he brings in could upset the applecart ...He has made Dunphy captain...that will upset a few im sure and i also heard that he is signing Bubbles and Ja O'Connor...so it will all depend on how those guys fit in...Pike are always there true with the view..Cant see beyond those 3...Pike and the view need to strengten though

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Any word on who took over from jaws at the boro? I had heard Finnan was being brought in

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thats Right 300euro a week he is getting peanuts haha considering Tommy Lynch is getting that with shelbourne in 1B...Cant understand where they are getting the money ...At least the Boro have a Bar and they can make a few Bob outta that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

the lunchbox at shelbourne

Oh christ that crowd go from bad to worse. They must have money though cos they have leeks comming from the corpo all the time (corpo trying to remove them from the lpyma) legal people etc etc. and any good player they have they get from Balla, Glenna, Moyross. Not a good club at all no minor team nothing...yet they ahve been rewarded with a free clubhouse and now there getting an all weather pitch and free pitchs......amazing for a team with no money....and look there sponsor is the same as ours..

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I'm suprised Tommy Lynch is going there himself...though I suppose the money is a major draw. FFS they're in 2A, have very few players under 30 and no underage set up. Even if he brings in players its not like he'll make them premier in even 5 years and they can't sustain paying money like that in the long run. They'd be better off putting the money in to a structure for a few decent underage teams.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie! Not to be totally one sided.

Like it says...... any predictions on the Desmond League?

Premier -

1st -

2nd -

3rd -

Any word of any players from the Desmond League heading into the city to test their ability? There's usually one or two mentioned every year.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cant really comment on the desmond league...know too little about it...Shelbourne are supposed to be putting in a minor team this year ...But still i have to agree its a waste of money...I heard that he is bringing skinner mccormack (no surprise here) out with him 20euro a goal...hand y money should be getting forty in 2a

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Don't know if anyone actually saw Shelbourne play last season, but I did 3 times against Pike B,and they're gonna need a lot more than Skinner and The Lunchbox to keep them in 2A. They are so bad I'd fancy Limerick to beat them....after a replay...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Is Skinner not in major trouble with the LDMC after the incident with Danger in the over 40's?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why?? He is not responsible for his Fathers Actions...You do know that It was Skinner Senior that threw the punches ...Skinner Junior is in his 20s

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Sorry Clownboy, I knew that didn't make sense. My fault!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No Worries

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fairview have to be favourites for the premier (3 in a row FAI Juniors and a proper manager this season) - if they get a good start they will be hard to beat
    as for balla ray o halloran was training them all last season so i think the balla lads will be used to his madnessso it mightened be as big a shock as you think to them

abbey will struggle - they were totally outplayed be balla's b team in this seasons cup final - they need to sign alot of quality regional need a few too

shannon might not even be in 1b if moyross don't get a team together

shelbourne are a joke i saw them play a couple of times also saw them training - they have everyting pitch, clubhouse, gear but there it ends their team is made up of shapers and players who are out of shape best of luck tommy

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Are Moyross struggling that badly Backodanet? If that were to happn i suppose there'd be a third team promoted from 2A to 1B like last year when Mainaster pulled out. Any idea who finished 3rd in 2A? With only 1 team being relegated from 1B that'd leave 2a in a bit of a mess. Completely agree on Shelbourne. Played them twice last year, very little potential player wise...be interesting to see what Lynch makes of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast