Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Jonjo Shelvey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Jonjo Shelvey

Heard it mentioned that we made an approach 2 years ago when he was with Charlton.

Reports claiming he is seriously considering representing Scotland.

He is going to be a terrific player, in an area we are quite short of quality might I add.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    I'd cap him. Then again I'd cap anyone half decent to make sure we have a good pool of players to choose from.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    its an interesting one, we were definately interested before when he was a kid at Charlton. He is developing nicely on loan at Blackpool.

I'm quite shocked he is close to linking up with Scotland, he is definately one to watch in the future in terms of English honours.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Didn't Shelvey turn us down previously or did I just imagine that? Swear I read it somewhere.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysus View Post
    Didn't Shelvey turn us down previously or did I just imagine that? Swear I read it somewhere.
    He does qualify to represent us according to this, but Scotland boss Levein seems confident here, where it also says Trap has not contacted him, however this account says Liam Brady approached him in 2009, offering fast tracking into our senior set up, but he was committed to England at that stage. Potentially a good player but maybe more so a couple of seasons ago.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    He looks like something youd see in Star Trek
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Completely forgot about this, and it is sort of tangentally related, Brendan Rogers was interviewed on NewsTalk by Ger Gilroy on Sunday, and was asked about his son playing for Ireland, and he said he's still eligible to play for the North, and for Scotland, but that he's happy to continue playing with the Republic.

Ger asked him as well about his managerial future, did he see himself moving into international management and in particular managing the Republic. Rogers gave it the usual platitudes, "still a young manager", "international management is the highest level of football management", etc, etc. Didn't say no straight out, but pretty much made it obvious he wasn't interested in it.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Pretty sure I read recently Brendan Rogers allegiances lie firmly with NI and that he'd encouraged someone from the IFA (Gerry-on-the-mainland?) to see if he could make his wayward offspring see reason and move north ...and I aint talking about away from the stoney beaches of Brighton.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckydee View Post
    He looks like something youd see in Star Trek
    More like this

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/w...eliverance.JPG
    I have a head only Snow White would love

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Makes a ludicrous reference to Sebastian Coates in that article, only noticing after he'd been capped by Uruguay.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Heard that rodgers interview he stressed he was from northern ireland. Fair to say he would not be a republic fan! doubt his son will still play with us the father said the only reason the son did was because the FAI asked him and not the north. Doolin does not seem to be a fan has not been involved with the 19s since the first qualifying stage last season.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    rodgers is a decent manager to be fair. time for traps to put a few of these players in any upcoming squads to see where their allegiance lies. has scored goals for fun all his career so be delighted to see him have a few runs.