Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 62 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1477

Thread: Trapattoni - who would you replace him with?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,712 Posts
    Ipswich's managing directors were saying Mick is doing a great job and the fans really appreciate his entertaining brand of football. So, while I have doubts over Mick's tactical acumen at the highest level, I don't think we'd be playing hoofball.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    At least 6 of those names would be a complete joke, no better than Trap, for a variety of reasons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Why is King in there at 18/1? Not that I'm trying to imply he's out of his depth in such company or anything, but there's been no indication that the FAI are going to have a re-think, has there?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,915 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Why is King in there at 18/1? Not that I'm trying to imply he's out of his depth in such company or anything, but there's been no indication that the FAI are going to have a re-think, has there?
    It's a welcome 2 fingered salute to the supposed power and influence of the panel on public opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    How did Mr. Tayto get on that list and Philippe Troussier didn't? His career must really have gone backwards in recent years....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Does anyone have Noel King's published book of poetry?: http://balls.ie/football/noel-king-o...ed-90-minutes/

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark12345 View Post
    We need to start at the beginning again and employ a completely different style of football and why not go with these lads. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
    Agreed. Unfortunately the media and most fans want instant results and are willing to put up with any style of play that delivers results, which I suppose is fair enough. Better to win ugly by 1-0 than lose attractively 3-2.

The pressure on Irish managers has been too high, totally unrealistic and much of it vindictive from the usual quarters. If a manager loses even one game, he's called useless, out of his depth, and so on. And this from armchair pundits who achieved nothing in the game.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,002 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsMiseSean View Post
    How did Mr. Tayto get on that list and Philippe Troussier didn't? His career must really have gone backwards in recent years....
    Was managing in non-league football in Japan before leaving to become the manager of Shenzen Ruby in the Chinese league, where he has had a pretty turbulent time.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    There should be a few managerial jobs becoming vacant in the next few weeks after bad starts to the season. I reckon Crystal Palace could be looking soon enough as well. MON more than likely holding out for one of those vacancies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    I might be overthinking things myself but if MON is really holding out for something along the lines of Crystal Palace he must not fancy his chances of achieving anything significant with us. Surely the lure of an international tournament, with excellent wages for a fraction of the work would be more appealing than a p!ssing against the wind relegation battle and potential Championship football next season. I know many managers sight the 'day-to-day' element but surely at 61 he must be approaching a life a little less demanding? Obviously that's for him to decide I suppose, I'm just speculating without knowing the ins & outs.

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    From fergusons book - nothing surprising here really
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24622989

Roy Keane
    -----------------------------------------
    The Scot describes how his relationship deteriorated with the Republic of Ireland midfielder, to the point that he became a negative influence.

"The hardest part of Roy's body is his tongue. He has the most savage tongue you can imagine. He can debilitate the most confident person in the world in seconds"

"On one occasion, as I came in to the dressing room, Roy and Ruud van Nistelrooy were at it, hammer and tongs. They had to be pulled apart by the players.

"At least Van Nistelrooy had the courage to stand up to Roy, because not everyone did. He was an intimidating, ferocious individual. His mode when angry was to attack, lay into people."

-------------------------------------------
    My Country is My Club.

Republic of Ireland Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um_ZvP2cUdo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    The full description of the Keane blow-out is uncanny - almost like a repeat of Saipan. Keane slams training facilities, attitudes of teammates and ends up personally insulting the manager after a blazing row during a team meeting.
    Last edited by SwanVsDalton; 23/10/2013 at 8:10 AM.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

14. Thanks From:

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Yeah thought the same on saipan.

Just saw an interview with fergie on sky......says keane needs to get maturity if he has any chance of becoming a good manager

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmet7 View Post
    Agreed. Unfortunately the media and most fans want instant results and are willing to put up with any style of play that delivers results, which I suppose is fair enough. Better to win ugly by 1-0 than lose attractively 3-2.

The pressure on Irish managers has been too high, totally unrealistic and much of it vindictive from the usual quarters. If a manager loses even one game, he's called useless, out of his depth, and so on. And this from armchair pundits who achieved nothing in the game.
    Agree with you Emmet. And that in a nutshell is the sad reality - we are going to sacrifice the need to get the results rather than employ a couple of people who might change the grass roots approach to the game in Ireland, something which will bear fruit down the road. In that regard, I hear the John Devine coaching school in Dublin is doing really well - he is teaching kids to play 3 aside and there are no leagues. The sad part is, I thought this was happening for the last ten years or so. Apparently not - so we are ten years or more behind the times in terms of development.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Delaney having read Ferguson's comments must consider appointing Keane a non starter. Too much chance of side issues dominating and players refusing to play under Keane. Mick McCarthy must feel vindicated by this as Utd would have some of the best facilities in the world and in regards to his comments about Utd players, it isn't like they were an unsuccessful team.

18. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    What would peoples opinion of Ian Holloway be? Out of a job now, did ok with Blackpool. Wouldnt be my first choice but Id rather him than some of names mentioned
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Ian Holloway strikes me as a bit of a mouthpiece; someone who has a higher view of himself and his loudmouth opinions than might be warranted.

Then again, my impression of him is based solely on having seen him in televised interviews - mostly whilst complaining about his sides' fortunes in the Premier League, which, to be fair, have invariably been provocatively-poor - and his odd decision to omit Owen Garvan from his Palace squad selection earlier this season. Correct me if I'm wrong. Is he a bit of a wannabe-eccentric?

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    What would peoples opinion of Ian Holloway be? Out of a job now, did ok with Blackpool. Wouldnt be my first choice but Id rather him than some of names mentioned
    No chance of him being an international manager IMO. Wouldn't have the patience and strikes me as entirely unsuitable.
    Be amazed if he ever applied...

Brilliant manager in Div 2/Championship and below in Eng.club football though.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    I was a season ticket holder at Leicester City when he was there, when the club slipped into the third tier for the first time in their history losing their spot as one of a handful of clubs who had never been outside the top two tiers in England. It was his tenure and what was served up as football/entertainment during it, which finally saw me decide not to renew the ticket there. Watched some awful muck that season.

He has bright spots and successes but the tail spin is never too far way it seems and the witty entertaining sound bites in interviews don't count for much in counteracting those.

Page 62 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast