Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Premier Division Run In

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts

Premier Division Run In

As it stands at the moment, Rovers still favouites for me with that game in hand, Monday is a huge game for us, If we lose our (admitedly slim) titles hopes will be gone but a win for us really mixes it up

Last nights win will give Sligo a big confidnece boost and i'd imagine they would want another league game this Friday instead of waiting for a Cup game on Monday

No other distractions for Derry and they are still going strong, They still have to go to Tallaght and Inchicore tho
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    I hope Sligo do it, very good team to watch - play great football and it'd be nice to see a Connaught side win it, god knows it doesn't happen very often.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Shamrock Rovers should still win it but they are really making hard work of it but at least it remains interesting. All credit to Sligo on their result last night, great character to win from 1-0 down away to the champions.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    It was some win by Sligo in Tallaght alright but I'd temper that by saying themselves and Pat's would have to win pretty much all their league games to clinch the title as I can only see Rovers and Derry slipping up once - twice at most. It is fantastic the way the league is so tight, as last season the league almost had Rovers name on it (particularly towards the end).

As a foot note though I'm going to contradict myself slightly by adding, if Doyle or Blinkhorn can go on a 7/8 match scoring run it could be a very very interesting finish. The same of course could be said of Zayed @ Derry who has dried up a bit recently. Well done to the four teams at the top for plugging away.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maksimir View Post
    It was some win by Sligo in Tallaght alright but I'd temper that by saying themselves and Pat's would have to win pretty much all their league games to clinch the title as I can only see Rovers and Derry slipping up once - twice at most. It is fantastic the way the league is so tight, as last season the league almost had Rovers name on it (particularly towards the end).

As a foot note though I'm going to contradict myself slightly by adding, if Doyle or Blinkhorn can go on a 7/8 match scoring run it could be a very very interesting finish. The same of course could be said of Zayed @ Derry who has dried up a bit recently. Well done to the four teams at the top for plugging away.
    Rovers have already slipped up once this week

Rovers have an extremely tough run-in now. Sligo have it in them to put a good run together (they did this time last year if I recall correctly), but I think the Rovers-Derry match might be the decider in the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abcd View Post
    Shamrock Rovers should still win it but they are really making hard work of it but at least it remains interesting. All credit to Sligo on their result last night, great character to win from 1-0 down away to the champions.
    Wish I could be confident about that, Sligo looked very good on Friday night albeit against 9 men and Derry just keep getting results, and we've so many games...big game for us tomorrow night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Rovers v Bray now Sun 25th, Rovers v Drogheda the following Sunday. Rovers v Derry still to be confirmed.
    False hope is worse than no hope. Ask Sligo.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopy View Post
    Rovers v Bray now Sun 25th, Rovers v Drogheda the following Sunday. Rovers v Derry still to be confirmed.
    2 games in 3 days for Bray as they are down to play UCD two days earlier too.

Rovers v Derry could well be the big decider and I can see the FAI scheduling it for about 3 weeks from the end of the season!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    2 games in 3 days for Bray as they are down to play UCD two days earlier too.

Rovers v Derry could well be the big decider and I can see the FAI scheduling it for about 3 weeks from the end of the season!
    You didn't sign the end of your post, I had to look slightly left to see who posted it, Very inconvenient!!
    Here on a technicality.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    You didn't sign the end of your post, I had to look slightly left to see who posted it, Very inconvenient!!
    LOL

Bullit. xx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Shams have still got to be favourites for the title.
    But that win against Shams has thrown the title right open and thrown us back in the race.
    If Pats get any result against Shams tonight and we beat Bray it will get even more interesting.
    Realistically any of the top 4 could very well win this league.
    Even though Shams are favourites dont underestimate their history of bottleing.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Certainly didn't bottle it against eastern European opposition in the Europa League

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Certainly didn't bottle it against eastern European opposition in the Europa League
    No, that was all kept for Alan Keane.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    I'd say Derry will do it because of Rovers in the Europa league, too many games, suspensions, injuries and Damien Hancock...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_SRFC View Post
    and Damien Hancock...
    Whereas Anthony Buttimer, Dave McKoen, Alan Kelly and Neil Doyle will be doing all they can.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    I've officially booked off work on Oct 28th to come home for the last game of the season, so I think you can now safely discount us from winning the league this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Interesting run in, shams best team but european involvement may have an impact on their title run in. Sligo capable of beating anyone but equally capable of losing to anyone. Derry City, primarily a counter attacking team but just keep churning out results (horrendous result V Drogs).Think everyone else battling for possible europe place.
    Overall the standard has no tbeen too great/consistent this season with most teams having stop/start runs. Derry have probobly been the main "overachievers" given they were/are a promoted side. Sligo are capable of going on a decent run but, I suspect, they will have to if they are to stop shams making it two in a row (somebody has to ).

Prediction (1) Shams
    (2) Sligo
    (3) Derry

Hopefully my usual "ability" RE predictions holds up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Shamrock Rovers vs Derry City is now down for Wednesday 12th October.
    Derry City vs Galway United has been moved from Friday 14th to Sunday 16th October.

Horrible date for our match away to Rovers, the night after the Armenia match. Two trips to Dublin in two days.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Sligo V Dundalk originally scheduled for Saturday 15 October, has been re-fixed for Tuesday 4 October, with kick-off 7.45pm at The Showgrounds.
    http://www.dundalkfc.com/date-change...vers-v-dundalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    I think Shamrock, as them abroad seem to call them, will still win the Premier, with Sligo second and Derry third. I thought Derry would do well but didn't expect them to be in the race at this stage. If it's not Shamrock, I can see Sligo doing enough to take the title. When was the last time a Connaught team won the league?
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast