Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Kerry League to replace us???

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts

Kerry League to replace us???

According to the rumour mill if/when we're up for re-election we'll be quietly shown the door and replaced by Kerry League.

However I'm sure that the trojan work the three boys are doing behind the scenes will render this little story irrelevant and we'll be handed our First Division license at the end of the season.

Actually is there anybody there who can tell me what criteria they've met since the season started? Surely they're not just casually ambling along in the hope that something will turn up???
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    rumour mill also has it that theres a potential takeover from some busisness men not associated with the three amigos, and the markets field is involved.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    rumour mill also has it that theres a potential takeover from some busisness men not associated with the three amigos, and the markets field is involved.
    Fine, your rumour is better than mine!
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Alas, it may just be that....a rumour, but I got it from a good source with a lot of info as to whats happening, so you never know??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid

Actually is there anybody there who can tell me what criteria they've met since the season started? Surely they're not just casually ambling along in the hope that something will turn up???
    Well, we meet the criteria for entering a beach soccer squad in a tournament....9 players is all you need.I think it safe to presume they're ambling along in hope.....gobsh1tes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    Well, we meet the criteria for entering a beach soccer squad in a tournament....9 players is all you need.I think it safe to presume they're ambling along in hope.....gobsh1tes

Ye can also play the salthill devon 5-a-sides when they come around again next year if ye are willing to drop another 2 players

But, truthfully, I hope the rumour about the takeover is true as I always enjoy a few pints in Limerick

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Not takeing away from any works the same group of club/supporter people doing in Limerick but clearly Limerick City/County does not really deserve a senior club & seems obvious from afar would not notice if ye didn't get re-elected.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Not takeing away from any works the same group of club/supporter people doing in Limerick but clearly Limerick City/County does not really deserve a senior club & seems obvious from afar would not notice if ye didn't get re-elected.
    what a nice and generous posting, i think i shall follow the real cork club from now on, at least they have some history, when is the 21st party for city ???
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I said the few people involved with Limerick obviously doing good work but whens the last time even 1000 people turned for a match in a City of maybe 100k?

see other thraad in General...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    take longford with 30,000 in the county and for years we were lucky to get 50 at a game, in fact in eamon sweeneys book about sligo rovers he was at a longford game and counted 26 !!!

but work done by a few paid off and a dream was realised last oct when we lifted the cup....things change with time so give them some and as i said on aother thread, sucess breeds a crowd.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    I said the few people involved with Limerick obviously doing good work but whens the last time even 1000 people turned for a match in a City of maybe 100k?

see other thraad in General...
    2500 at the play-off decider with Kildare last season at the Pike??

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

For re-election the club must meet strict financial conditions and be able to show a viable stadium plan for the coming season like cobhs propesed redevolpment new stand so fort and if limerick are to be replaced i heard it was going to be rockmount becuase of this seasons cup run and the financial backing they have
    rams to beat limerick 4-0 in fai cup

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    dream on...
    The re-election issue would be a killer. We have no hope of getting back in as things stand and the 3 muppets that rule all are about as much use as a hairdryer in the bath.
    If someone were to move in, they would surely have to rid the club of these three and bring in fresh blood and ideas.I personally think the league would be a lesser place without Limerick representation, but I also agree that the current representation is a pathetic joke.
    Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Heard from a very good source that the Kerry League boys were told officially that they will be joining the league next year. 3 up this one down to first division so we have 10 teams going forward into next season as we currently stand. Another club would make the numbers odd (11) so I think it could be possible that the club seeking re elcetion would be ousted by an ambitious club with All weather facilites, seated stand, Floodlights Perimeter fencing and proper committee!! Guess who they are : Kerry District League.

As well as this we will lose all our Kerry Lads and for a second season in a row , if we are playing football, we will be decimated squad wise.

Joe if you rumour is not true I feel we are on the last legs !!

JohnD
    "How Can you lie there and think of England when you don't even know who's in the team"-- B.Bragg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Going off-topic here, but has anyone else noticed that Queenstown fans all seem to end their nics with numbers. Are they Borgs or something. If so the colony can't be too big. Cobhramblers16 of 22.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by LFC in Exile
    Going off-topic here, but has anyone else noticed that Queenstown fans all seem to end their nics with numbers. Are they Borgs or something. If so the colony can't be too big. Cobhramblers16 of 22.
    I dominate this for post of the week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    and how many heads have you then???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobhrambler20
    i heard it was going to be rockmount becuase of this seasons cup run and the financial backing they have
    I'd be surprised if Rockmount would be interested in joining the league.

They've a great set up and are very succesful at intermediate level but would they take on the hassle of trying to get UEFA licences etc?

I think if the FAI had any encouragement at all regarding future plans they wouldn't kick out Limerick. The potenial is huge in such a big city.

Although maybe it would take the club going under to get people to do something.
    Last edited by paudie; 12/07/2004 at 12:27 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Heard that an informal approach was made from ex-LC official to local junior/schoolboy club to act as underage/youth structure as part of licence criteria. Club returned approach by asking ex-official to ask LC to make formal approach but nothing happened. The days of nudge nudge wink wink, cute hoors and dancing at the xroads are in the past as will be LC unless some serious cash becomes available or the FAI steps in and works with the Limerick leagues - LDMC, LDSL Desmond & County.
    The main reason that I see LC going down the tubes is that there are far too many Junior clubs in Limerick, each with their own agenda, unwilling to cooperate with each other in putting plans in place to have a senior team in Limerick.
    Fair play to Pike for allowing LC the use of their grounds.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Templehall
    Heard that an informal approach was made from ex-LC official to local junior/schoolboy club to act as underage/youth structure as part of licence criteria. Club returned approach by asking ex-official to ask LC to make formal approach but nothing happened.
    Heard this too.