Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI cup matches w/e 29/8/11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Thought we were a teency bit fortunate tbh - didn't think it was a red card (there was another defender alongside the incident), and ye were just about to bring on Twigg when Flynn was sent off; he was re-benched and Murray came on instead. Ye were fairly sluggish throughout (except for the 15 minutes from the start of the second half to the opener), but the team ye had out was still strong enough. With Twigg on, a sluggish Rovers become a sluggish Rovers who'll probably nick a jammy goal. Massive red card decision in more ways than one.
    I don't think Sives was ever going to catch him had he got past Flynn tbh. I don't think it was a deliberate or bad challenge (going by Flynn's normal Bohs standards ), but he did block him off - fair enough call.

Twigg's finishing touch was sorely missed through the game. The opener he got a couple of weeks against youse was the sort of forward play that was missing. Lay-off, run across the defender and delicate touch into the corner. He might've got a third and some might've thrown him on anyway given youse equalised before Murray came on.
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    if they knew they were banned should not have showed up in the first place.
    They weren´t banned from Flancare Park.

From what I remember Bohs, Rovers and others wanted to set up a shared database but there were laws in place not allowing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Replay is yesterday week afaik
    The Model Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    2-1 to d town tonight, bragging rights back where they belong, should have been alot more. Drogs lads are very quiet tonight!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Very comfortable win, should have been 3-0 before drogs got their consolation in the 93rd min. Still like last week, I have to say drogs played some good stuff, huge improvement for them from the start of the season.

Crowd wasnt that great, 1,484 I think was reported, I think less than 200 away.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Very comfortable win, should have been 3-0 before drogs got their consolation in the 93rd min.
    I thought we looked dodgey enough up until ward scored the 1st and then we got the bit between our teeth.Just could nay hit the 3rd to make it safe despite plenty of chances to do so, and then we were scrambling at times too.All in all a fair result at the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Deserved result for Dundalk, but we were short a bit of luck. Denied a stone wall peno with 10 mins left aswell.
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passerrby View Post
    A number of people saying fans were denied medical attention after pepper spray attack but medical treatment is not required after pepper spray
    Depends how much is used and how close. As I said before one guard was repeat spraying people in the eyes who were lying on the ground in bits. There were other injuries other than the pepper spray too.

The European Parliament Scientific and Technological Options Assessment (STOA) published in 1998 “An Appraisal of Technologies of Political Control”[5] with extensive information on pepper spray and tear gas. They write:
    The effects of pepper spray are far more severe, including temporary blindness which lasts from 15–30 minutes, a burning sensation of the skin which lasts from 45 to 60 minutes, upper body spasms which force a person to bend forward and uncontrollable coughing making it difficult to breathe or speak for between 3 to 15 minutes.
    For those with asthma, taking other drugs, or subject to restraining techniques which restrict the breathing passages, there is a risk of death. The Los Angeles Times has reported at least 61 deaths associated with police use of pepper spray since 1990 in the USA.[6] The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) documented 27 people in police custody who died after exposure to pepper spray in California since 1993.[2][7][8] However, the ACLU report counts any death occurring within hours of exposure to pepper spray. In all 27 cases, the coroners' report listed other factors as the primary cause of death, though in some cases the use of pepper spray may have been a contributing factor.[2]
    The US Army concluded in a 1993 Aberdeen Proving Ground study that pepper spray could cause "[m]utagenic effects, carcinogenic effects, sensitization, cardiovascular and pulmonary toxicity, neurotoxicity, as well as possible human fatalities. There is a risk in using this product on a large and varied population".[9] However, the pepper spray was widely approved in the US despite the reservations of the US military scientists after it passed FBI tests in 1991. As of 1999, it was in use by more than 2000 public safety agencies.[10]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper_spray

Pepper spray is banned for use in war by Article I.5 of the Chemical Weapons Convention which bans the use of all riot control agents in warfare whether lethal or non-lethal.
    It wasn't even used in the London riots!
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohsPartisan View Post
    It wasn't even used in the London riots!
    Yeah but we have a Pepper-Spray mountain here in Ireland don't ya know!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Very comfortable win, should have been 3-0 before drogs got their consolation in the 93rd min. Still like last week, I have to say drogs played some good stuff, huge improvement for them from the start of the season.

Crowd wasnt that great, 1,484 I think was reported, I think less than 200 away.
    About 300/350 counted in the away terrace.
    1,484 is fairly poor though innit. The novelty factor of being back in the premier has really worn off now for Duns fans I suppose. This seasons crowds are probably more of a realistic size for a club like Dundalk anyway.

On the game, it was never gonna be our night after those 2 quick goals. I thought we were doing fairly ok before that. Though if the peno was given, as it should have been, then it might have been a very different outcome.
    Last edited by WindmillWarrior; 31/08/2011 at 10:16 AM.
    Dundalk 1 - "the worst team to ever play in the premier" 2 :D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by topia View Post
    What happened in Longford on Sat was a complete disgrace, a lot of people have waded in here giving their opinion but they weren't there. Way too many people in this country seem incapable of believing that the gardai can do any wrong. It reminds me of the denial of abuse in the Catholic church. This was not a case of 'Casuals' causing trouble, I don't know what your idea of a casual is because none of the lads there on Saturday were there to look for any sort of trouble, I for one cannot stand such behaviour and would never condone it. I have never been involved in any sort of violence in (or outside) a football ground ever, and I can honestly say that I cannot remember the last time I witnessed any sort of 'scumbag' as was described earlier cause any trouble during a match (no matter what is reported), What happens between green street wannabes between themselves outside of football grounds does not concern me at all.

I was hit by pepper spray as I walked by the gap in the stand from a distance of 20m or so, thankfully it did not really affect me from that distance but when I looked around me it was just small groups of 3/4/5 people standing to the side getting sprayed. There was no mass riot going on as has been suggested. I spoke with the local gardai, they admitted that they were embarrassed by what was happening. The young lads sprayed (repeatedly) were denied medical attention for half an hour. I spoke to the 2 stewards on the gate after the incident, they too said they couldnt believe what happened, neither of them were injured.

The guards were a disgrace on Saturday but as already stated they were not solely to blame, some of that comes from within our own club I dont know how many people were refused admission (it cant have been very many) but the only people who I know of who were refused admission were refused as a direct result of personal problems with certain board members, these are decent people who certainly do not fit the stereotypes in the heads of certain posters on here. And any aggression inside the stadium was verbal (towards said board member) and a shake of the gate, there was no mob!

Anyway it matters not, I have witnessed such abuses of power far too often and people can make out all they want that this was a case of Bohs 'soccer hooligans' causing trouble, it simply wasn't, believe what you want, you won't believe what is happening until it happens to your club, to be honest I may have reacted the same beforehand. The sensationalist media reporting has to be admired though... 2 buses of 'hooligans' were supposedly in Longford (cue hilarious attendance jokes!) but yet we struggle to bring 2 buses in total to some places (cue hilarious all bohs fans are hooligans jokes!), Where would we get 2 buses of hooligans from? We would have to import them or advertise for weeks! Something doesnt add up.
    Was not in Longford on Saturday so dont know specifics but a couple of factors obvious

(1) FAI were involved somehow - always a bad starting point

(2) Gardai are knobheads at footie games, and if they travelled down from Dublin were, no doubt, in Robocop mode

(3) Bohs fans that confronted the gardai were stupid (and wrong). irrespective of whether Gardai were right or wrong to stop certain people, they were never going to back down once they had made the decision (and the batons and pepper spray are not for ornemental purposes )

There remains an issue regarding Bohs board banning certain individuals but that should be sorted out within the club not on the streets of Longford.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WindmillWarrior View Post
    About 300/350 counted in the away terrace.
    1,484 is fairly poor though innit. The novelty factor of being back in the premier has really worn off now for Duns fans I suppose. This seasons crowds are probably more of a realistic size for a club like Dundalk anyway.

On the game, it was never gonna be our night after those 2 quick goals. I thought we were doing fairly ok before that. Though if the peno was given, as it should have been, then it might have been a very different outcome.
    1,484 was poor, no question, dont think there was much more than 200 away still, also on the pen, I didnt see it, but we were denied a clear pen when rogers handled in the lge game in drogs 3 weeks ago, these things even themselves out over a season. In saying that you should be happy with the obvious improvement drogs have made.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    1,484 was poor, no question, dont think there was much more than 200 away still, also on the pen, I didnt see it, but we were denied a clear pen when rogers handled in the lge game in drogs 3 weeks ago, these things even themselves out over a season. In saying that you should be happy with the obvious improvement drogs have made.
    There was over 300 counted.

I'm over the moon with what Mick has done to the team. Its nothing short of a miracle!
    Dundalk 1 - "the worst team to ever play in the premier" 2 :D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Highlights from last nights match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Monaghan 0 v 2 Sligo Replay HT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Fix...
    The Model Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    Highlights from last nights match.
    Is that pitch starting to slowly die in parts?

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Is that pitch starting to slowly die in parts?
    ahem...the pitch ain't no livin' thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Handy enough game for us tonight, as expected. Massive massive game Saturday Vs. Derry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Good away support for a midweek fixture. Very poor Monaghan crowd at the game they looked **** poor too.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast