Cockney Rebel signs 2 1/2 year deal!
I think everyone who loves the club was delighted ( and a small bit surprised at how quickly this evolved as there was still half the season left ) to hear this news.

What a boost for everyone.

There is another important aspect to this also. There is a very settled feeling developing within the club now with the following players in contract with City:

Gamble signing for 3 years,
Fenn on the books for another 2 1/2 years,
George only half way through his contract,
Same with Kearney,
Nawankwo still has a year and a half left I believe,
Dan also.
Now Murphy signs.

Most of the good Irish players ( or Cork players ) such as Bennet, Hoggy, Lordan, Woodsie, Colin T, Devine to name but a few, are hear to stay.

We now just need to lock down Doyler and Flynny to longer contracts.

This "is he, isn't he leaving" stuff is unsettling for the team which is why I am a small bit disapointed with Flynny that he is talking to the press the way he is. By all means hold out for a good deal but less talk about it please.

Doyler IMO is crucial to the club........unbelievable talent and only getting better.

Looking forward, also, to seeing how Stephen O'Flynn shapes up after injury.
Could be a big player also. He is on a one year contract which is up at the end of the season. I imagine he'll be signing as no one has had a look at him this year due to the injury.........plus he owes the Club big time for the way they have taken care of him. A 3 year contract if he plays well for the 2nd half of the year.

As the Yanks say ..... we gotta take care of our Franchise Players ..... and by God Murphy is one of them.