Hi

I'm canvassing opinion on whether people would be interested in accessing extensive stats on all Irish players in the EPL.

The first catch is - there would be a membership fee involved. Either on a per month or per annum. Nothing extraordinary but something like €20 maybe a year and working out slightly more to pay per month. (Rough idea).

The stats involved would be all Opta's stats on Irish players who play in the EPL. So it would be extensive detail in terms of the usual stuff like minutes played etc but also into passes completed, forward passes backward passes, that sort of thing. If anyone is familiar with anfieldindex.com (a compilation of Liverpool related data and articles) - it would be that sort of thing only for Irish qualified players obviously.

There would be restrictions on who can access the full stats (due to Opta restrictions and covering cost of acquiring the data) but then there'd be comment pieces etc and obviously comment invited from members.

I have a bit of a geeky interest in stats and began an ill-fated database compiled from the Guardian chalkboards that was too high-level to be properly interesting and was impossible to maintain. There may not be anyone else (or very few) with that sort of interest so I'm just trying to assess whether it's feasible to expect enough people (not a huge amount) to pay a small fee to access the extensive data.

The detail level would be very high, so passes for example are broken down into:
chips, long balls, through balls, headers, flick-ons, lay-off, pull-back etc. That sort of thing.

This wouldn't be intended to replace something like the Irish Abroad database or anything. It wouldn't be as extensive beyond the EPL (limits on Opta data) and it would be more about player actions than appearances.

Anyway I'd appreciate if anyone with any positive or negative thoughts could post them here. Hope this isn't offending admins or anything - it's not an alternative to foot.ie or anything! I'll post something similar over on YBIG.

Thanks