Thread: (mostly) champagne football

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

(mostly) champagne football

Some excellent stuff going on tonight.
    City were superb in the first half - and only a set piece goal kept SPA in it.
    Great finish from Fenn after a super run by Woods.
    Fenn played much better tonight and clearly made more of an efffort - he was disappointed to be subbed.

If Flynny was on full form, we'd have scored four or five -he hasn't missed so many since that away draw with Derry last season (or the season before, I can't remember).

Greg was fantastic - Danny-Murphy-esque in the tackle and won alot in the air.

Sat back a bit too much in the second half, but they couldn't keep that top notch stuff going for 90 minutes.

Interesting to see where Gamble will fit..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    that was as good as we played all season, everyone played extremely well,

devine made 2 super saves in second half, george and colin t were excellent in the middle apart from a silly booking george!!-again i hear u say

fenn was very good aswell,did alot of hussling when pats had the ball and nicked it from them a few times-great goal

nwanko had 2 good chances and played well,

what more can u say about the cockney rebel-super game again and almost a maradona style goal at one stage-obvious to everyone he knows he has no right foot!!!!

who ever said flynny and george had a good understanding

both could have taken that chance on and scored but bumped off one another

BRING ON $H£L$!!!
    Cork City F.C. the envy of the EL

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 维生素 D
    i dont see Gamble taking Colin T's place, Colin is playing too damn well ATM. Its also interesting to see what will happen when SOF, Doyle and HOrgan are all fit.
    Isnt it great with all the options we have!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

Great Game, everybody played well. Nwanko was superb - his best game ever for city. Hes begining to get to the pace of the game. O'Flynn looks like hes just about back to full fitness. Devine really needs however to get his distribution right though. Best City display ive seen all season.

By rights the shels match next tuesday should be live on tv if we had a proper national broadcaster!!!

we had some great periods of play tonight

Is there going to be an announcement with regard to a danish player or is that something silly i heard at the match?
    Last edited by eoinh; 04/06/2004 at 10:27 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Devine was my motm! Damn it Eoinh for a minut while I was reading I thought you said the game was live on tv!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hard to argue with any of the above.

Devine - two vital saves ( particularly that one at the death - the scramble on the line ). What was that all about?
    Greg - excellent. How can he win so many balls in the air for one so small?
    Dan - looking more comfortable. But should have put in a challenge for their goal ( it was a bullet though )
    Benno - gets better with every game. Trying a few "Beckenbaur" runs down the center of the park now and all.
    Cockney Rebel - tough as nails. Drops some great balls in behind the defence. Would have been great if he had scored from that run in the 2nd half. Class.
    George - played well. Control good but did hit one or two hairy ones. Unfortunately another ( harsh ) yellow means he's heading for a supension now ( that's 3 games in a row )
    Woodsie - ran his legs to stumps. Is showing all the old skill that got him noticed and taken to England all those years aago. Should have been taken off towards the end though as he was dead.
    Colin T - Mr consistant. Didn't put a foot wrong all night and what fitness - as freash at the end as at 7.45pm.
    Nawankwo - People just love him and his little flicks and dummys. What pace and was so unlucky with his shot just after H/Time.
    Flynny - Nearly back to full fitness. Thought he was a gonner with that tackle towards the end. Was it 3 or 4 clear chances he missed and then goes and scores the most bizarre goal of the season. How did he get that over the line? Only he would follow such a lost cause - good on ya kid.
    Fenn - Brilliant. Delighted for the guy. Everything he did tonight went right for him.......and what an effort he put in all around the park.

Watched it from the D Forde stand tonight and have to say, in fairness, didn't hear any slagging of any of the lads so things must be improving
    Irish by birth,
    Cork by the grace of God.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    FENN???? EFFORT????? This is Neale Fenn we're talking about here? The guy who limply prances into headers with absolutely no intention of winning them, avoids any type of physical challenges and generally minces about until someone else's hard work presents him with a tap-in?
    I don't think the abuse of Fenn has really started yet. Apart from a few comments here and there, he's gotten off very lightly for his listless performances. When City fans finally wake up to his failings and REALLY get on his back, he'll know all about it then. Can't we get Kilkenny City to take him on loan or something? With the amount of money we're wasting on him, we could take on two other superior players.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aswad
    FENN???? EFFORT????? This is Neale Fenn we're talking about here? The guy who limply prances into headers with absolutely no intention of winning them, avoids any type of physical challenges and generally minces about until someone else's hard work presents him with a tap-in?
    I don't think the abuse of Fenn has really started yet. Apart from a few comments here and there, he's gotten off very lightly for his listless performances. When City fans finally wake up to his failings and REALLY get on his back, he'll know all about it then. Can't we get Kilkenny City to take him on loan or something? With the amount of money we're wasting on him, we could take on two other superior players.
    I'm after reading ur replies to two topics on this board now and was just wondering, WHAT GAME WERE YOU AT LAST NIGHT??????

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Perhaps it is I who should be asking who were you sleeping with last night.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Gangbang at Fenn's place last night or something?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    sounds like you don't want him to be a success at city. something personal against him maybe?
    fenn's workrate was excellent last night, and his goal was far from a tap in - tho billy's run and pass were brilliant. i wasn't at the waterford game but a friend of mine was fairly appalled at the abuse fenn got - he was sitting behind fenn's parents and said he didn't know how they sat thru it. as a city supporter i hope fenn is a star for us, and i don't see why he can't be.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No, i was sitting in the Donnie and heard stupid comments directed at george. He does one thing wrong and all you hear is "get outta that George! Gwan ya w@nker! You're a waster!"
    The usual suspects were looking for George to be taken off etc. Muppets.
    His ratio of good stuff to bad stuff is phenomenal, but they only see the bad. FFS.

Fenn - in fairness he had a good one last night, and he did put in some physical effort.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Gangbang at Fenn's place last night or something?
    Were you not invited or something?

Seems like you've got it in for him. Give the guy a break. Had a great game last night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yan
    who ever said flynny and george had a good understanding

both could have taken that chance on and scored but bumped off one another
    From what I saw georgie was better placed to take it through, but he didn't realise he was offside. Flynny saw this and tried to take over (as he was onside)but george put in a good tackle to disposess him. The linesman flagged anyways

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    No, i was sitting in the Donnie and heard stupid comments directed at george. He does one thing wrong and all you hear is "get outta that George! Gwan ya w@nker! You're a waster!"
    He did play a few stray passes, but he played some good balls as well. Solid performance. Well done!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Champange football,hmmm almost I'd say but i'm not Pat Dolan who reckons the south of Ireland is the major Champange football distributor in this country not the pale.

We played great stuff all over the park last night and I enjoyed every minute of it.We did waste a few good chances but I'd be more worried if we didn't create anything and sraped a 1-0 win.