Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alan Carey signs

Alan Carey has signed for City!

http://www.corkcityfc.net/home/2011/...n-carey-signs/

Cork City are pleased to announce the signing of Alan Carey.

The 30 year old right back, who began his League of Ireland career at Cork City, has had spells at Cobh Ramblers and Waterford United since leaving the club in 2004, and he told CorkCityFC.net that he is very pleased to be back at the club: “I’m genuinely delighted to be back at the club. I know most of the players at the club, either from playing with them or playing against them, and that will make it easier for me to settle back in straight away. I have heard great things about Tommy Dunne and how good a coach he is, and I was very impressed with what he had to say when I met him. This is a great challenge for me personally, and I’m really looking forward to it. I want to play a part in getting Cork City back into the Premier Division- promotion has to be our main aim, and I am confident that we have a very good chance of achieving that.”

City boss Tommy Dunne believes that Carey’s experience will be a boost to the squad, saying: “He’s a player who has been in the league for a good number of years, and he also has experience of winning promotion from this division. He is a good addition to our squad and I believe he will have an important role to play for us over the course of the season. We are also in negotiations with a number of other players, and I would hope that we will have news on these in the coming days.”
    Last edited by yiddo; 12/01/2011 at 7:53 AM.
    "Its the bad players who are the luxury not the skillfull ones"
    Danny Blanchflower

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Great candidate for centre half, leave Turner on the right and Danny on the left with either Kavanagh, Greg or Mulcahy partnering Alan.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Good to see him back, but I hope it's not at the expense of Turner who was impressive at right back last season. The squad is taking shape slowly. Maybe add a left sided midfielder and a partner for Cummins. Unlike last year, Dunne will have enough time to prepare for the new season so we should hit the ground running.
    "Garlic bread - it’s the future, I’ve tasted it."
    Brian Potter - Phoenix Nights

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    I remember him for runs down the wing and then being able to whip the ball into the box and he did that very well for a good while, but he lost form for the last few months he spent at city. He has done ok at other clubs to be fair. Hope he can do a job for us again this time round.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.