Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: So..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts

So..

Anyone get any new games over the xmas period?

Got the new xbox slim myself, still on COD BLOPS and FIFA11
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    My xbox is broken again but my nephew got Red Dead Redemption, great game and loads of fun just like GTA except with horses

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Got the Kinect with a few games. Great fun, way better than the Wii if you ask me. You need someone else to play with though or it gets very boring on your own. Kinect Sports is excellent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    i got mario galaxy 2 for the wii which is ridiculously fun. almost too cute. the little american boy i now live with likes to see "mahyeo" and "montuss" (monsters). also: need for speed - hot pursuit for xbox, still haven't played it but it looks insane. i think it's developed by criterion, the "burnout" studio?
    zombie/thread killer..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Hadn't been gaming in a while but after dusting off the PS2 for a Pro Evo 5 session, I got a thirst for it again. If anyone's interested in old-school MegaDrive, N64, SNES, NES games I recommend downloading them for the Wii. Downloaded MegaDrive classic "Gain Ground" last weekend and was glued to it, best €8 ever spent!

FORMERLY: shannonman Lev Yashin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Been playing Black Op's online since Christmas and it is so addictive and just fun!

Also got Gran Turismo5 which is brilliant(but i knew it would be), its no Need for Speed or anything like that but much more detailed and rewards you for spending time at it progressing. Each car drives and sounds differently so it doesn't get boring or repetative, which a lot of driving games can.
    My Goal Is To Deny Yours...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shannonman View Post
    Been playing Black Op's online since Christmas and it is so addictive and just fun!

Also got Gran Turismo5 which is brilliant(but i knew it would be), its no Need for Speed or anything like that but much more detailed and rewards you for spending time at it progressing. Each car drives and sounds differently so it doesn't get boring or repetative, which a lot of driving games can.
    It would want to be the time they spent developping it! Was playin' this with the cousin the last day, the Go-Karts are savage craic. Some ppl hate GT but like you said whatever you put into you'll get out of it

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Got the Kinect with a few games. Great fun, way better than the Wii if you ask me.

I have a Wii but am being hassled to get the Kinect..what are the main differences, I would have thought they were pretty much the same concept?

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by plankton View Post
    I have a Wii but am being hassled to get the Kinect..what are the main differences, I would have thought they were pretty much the same concept?
    Similar concept alright but i prefer the Kinect. You don't need the controller and it takes all your actions in including your feet. I've heard they are bringing out an update or something to that effect that will even allow it to pick small details like finger movements very accurately. There is also voice control that can be used for watching dvds and sky player if you have it (Currently not available in Ireland but works if you sign out of xbox live and set your region to UK).

The down falls are that there is not many games out on it at the moment that are anyway decent. I only ever play Kinect Sports which is excellent. A few of the other games have very bad response to the kinect and personally i don't think they should have even been allowed to be released. Dance Central is supposed to be good as well. You also need a lot of space for it.

My advice would probably be to wait and see what kind of games come out for it and what reponse these games are getting.
    Last edited by Jofspring; 07/02/2011 at 10:31 AM.

10. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks for that. At nearly 200 quid I think the best bet would be to hold off alright