Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to Court

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts

Going to Court

In the star that we are taking the FAI to court over the Barcelona thing.

I think we are right to stand up to them as they screwed us out of something huge.

Said in paper talks were advanced as having it ib the contract that Messi and Xavi had to play at leat a half each and they had sorted television and web viewing.

Could be the end of us if we dont win in court though and makes it very tough to get a licence which i suppose would have been hard over last year anyway.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I wouldn't worry about getting the actual license but if Limerick lose here they could pay big time for it in the long run. We will never get any kind of help should we need it down the line and we will give ourselves a very bad name within the FAI.

Even though i wouldn't know much about the specifics of how good Limericks case is I'm worried about this to be honest.

International Prospect abbeyvale's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    I wouldn't worry about getting the actual license but if Limerick lose here they could pay big time for it in the long run. We will never get any kind of help should we need it down the line and we will give ourselves a very bad name within the FAI.

Even though i wouldn't know much about the specifics of how good Limericks case is I'm worried about this to be honest.

When did they ever help Limerick out anyway??..................
    68, 99, 08

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyvale View Post
    True but this would definitely close any doors down the line. I really hope Limerick win this. The FAI are so arrogant i don't think they ever thought someone would have the balls to take them on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Ya wouldn't be worried about that they were never going to do anything for us after last season when Barca thing 1st happened.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    In fairness, the 'independent' licencing committee has granted Limerick a licence despite Jackman not meeting minimum requirements.

I think that the FAI have been willing to turn a blind eye to Jackman as they generally felt the club was being run in the right way, doing the right things, and causing them no trouble.

Now that the lawsuit is happening, the last part of the above sentence is no longer true for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    In fairness, the 'independent' licencing committee has granted Limerick a licence despite Jackman not meeting minimum requirements.

I think that the FAI have been willing to turn a blind eye to Jackman as they generally felt the club was being run in the right way, doing the right things, and causing them no trouble.

Now that the lawsuit is happening, the last part of the above sentence is no longer true for them.
    If they stopped us for Jackman they would have to stop Salthill and Mervue as they have no stands at all in their grounds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    If they stopped us for Jackman they would have to stop Salthill and Mervue as they have no stands at all in their grounds.
    But if they did exactly that, who's going to take them to task over it? The other clubs? Not likely. The media? Not likely. And even if they were forced to explain it, they can just conjure up some planning permission (which Salthill actually have, I think), or other similar fudge.
    Last edited by osarusan; 20/01/2011 at 6:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    But if they did exactly that, who's going to take them to task over it? The other clubs? Not likely. The media? Not likely.
    Hadn't thought of that..Damn we are screwed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Would be great if Limerick got a bit of support from the other clubs or the PFAI, just to let the FAI know they fcuked up cause they probably genuinely think they did nothing wrong and were 100% right just like the clowns who run the country, somebody has to stand up to these idiots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
    Would be great if Limerick got a bit of support from the other clubs or the PFAI, just to let the FAI know they fcuked up cause they probably genuinely think they did nothing wrong and were 100% right just like the clowns who run the country, somebody has to stand up to these idiots
    The clubs at first seemed like they where going to back Limerick before but then nothing came of it. Can't see any of them coming out in support for Limerick unless it looks very likely Limerick could win their case. The Junior Council came out then and shoved there heads up Delaneys arse so there will be no support from them either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    The country is packed with cowards and traitors and not just on the JC, dont expect anyone to support the club on this. Where was the local media and political outcry at the time this happened? The city lost out on Millions. Half the town didnt believe the club, the other half were horrified at the thought of the club pulling off something so big.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    The Junior Council came out then and shoved there heads up Delaneys arse .
    He got his man-bits massaged in Portland Park at the time. Even had his wife there so for her to get a lesson on how to do it right.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I think if Limerick win this they will still come out as losers, if they ever get the martkets field do you think the fai will help them now, i dont think so. and if they do win it what will they gain,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lfc at heart View Post
    I think if Limerick win this they will still come out as losers, if they ever get the martkets field do you think the fai will help them now, i dont think so. and if they do win it what will they gain,
    From what i can make of it at the moment Limerick are only bringing the FAI to court for clarity on the whole situation and to answer some questions about it as they seem to have been ignored by the FAI since July. What else Limerick want from this is unknown at the moment.

The FAI are so ignorant they thought if Limerick where ignored long enough they'd go away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    If we didnt bring them to court there was 0% chance of them helping us anyway no hope at at all they were out to get us since we went against them last year so we lose nothing they weren't gonna ever help us anyway.

And we can gain the right to bring teams like Barca over to play us and show the FAI they cant just push us around and tell us what to do they had no right to stop that friendly the agreement they said stopped it was not igned until months after the friendly would have taken place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    But if they did exactly that, who's going to take them to task over it? The other clubs? Not likely. The media? Not likely. And even if they were forced to explain it, they can just conjure up some planning permission (which Salthill actually have, I think), or other similar fudge.
    Media would be all over them (FAI) if they messed with Limerick or their application while Limerick had them in the High Court. Even if they'd sound cause it'd look vexatious and the FAI'd be bringing a world of ****e down on themselves,
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

with all respect, i think limerick are far far more financially secure then the FAI right now and now if and when the markets field comes about limerick will not be requiring the FAIs assistance in anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie View Post
    Media would be all over them (FAI) if they messed with Limerick or their application while Limerick had them in the High Court. Even if they'd sound cause it'd look vexatious and the FAI'd be bringing a world of ****e down on themselves,
    I have to say, Lionel, I disagree. Look at the websites of the Irish Times or RTE. Not a word about this court case on them.

I'd say that Limerick have timed the court case for the same time (roughly) as licencing in the hope that the FAI would be afraid of a media storm. I can't see it happening myself though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    I'd say John Delaney has a few enemies in the meeja only waiting for a chance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast