Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Next years kit?

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    [QUOTE=howsyourtouch;1414544]
    on the away jerseys, i remember a few years ago, many many years back we had a white away jersey that was class, we only had it for a few seasons, was proteam, it must be 12 years ago at this stage because the brother was playin at the time and got one at the end of the season!

yeah howsyourtouch that one would have being the 98-99 season one..We had a class away kit the time we played St Pats in the league cup in Incicore which made the loi annual that season..
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    [QUOTE=sorbothegreek;1414590]
    Quote Originally Posted by howsyourtouch View Post
    seeing as we are back with umbro again what would be the chances of the club getting some of our jerseys into the FAI umbro shop on o'connell bridge in dublin now? its full of umbro kits from every other club in league of ireland with umbro jerseys and every time im in there i see tourists looking at the jerseys and buying them. a nice town jersey could see us selling a bit more and more money is good!!

again that would have to be up to the club to do something progressive![/QUOTE]

Some manufacturers will sell jersey's themselves with nothing in it for the club... A lot depends on your bargaining position.
    Is getting fan input on what the team should wear for next season not progressive?
    it is progressive thinking, very forward thinking and a smart move by the club seeing as we will be the ones buying them and i comend you on your work regarding this.

it was the marketing of the club in this particular store i was on about, and as i understand it the clubs do makes back some money from this venture as the shop is trading with their badges and logo's, and the clubs can also point this out in shirt sponsorship deals, saying oh look we have our jersey in this store open to how many potential customers and therefore more coverage for our sponsors which in turn could garnish us more money from shirt sponsorship if you get my drift!

this particular matter would be up to the club and not us supporters. please dont get me wrong!

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    1. Do you think we should change any of our kit's for next season or should we stay with the two used this year? Yes.
    2. If we are to change kit would you be open to the idea of moving away from red and black stripes for home and yellow and blue for away? Never.
    3. For a home kit which of these options would you prefer, red and black halves, red & black quarters, red & black hoops, red with black trim, or possibly a sash of red or black? Does it even have to be red & black? No.
    4. If you think the away jersey should be changed what would you recommend? Back to this:

To be fair all those sample jerseys look like the ones you get when you make your own team on FIFA. They are terrible.
    Sporting F*ck All!

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Found this kit by accident on google images a few months back I think it would be the greatest jersey of all time but its only a fantasy made by somebody in football manager or something but who ever made it is a genius its class id love to see it made even if it was just for the person that designed it but anyway here it is.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...00000925927561
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T.F.C. View Post
    1. Do you think we should change any of our kit's for next season or should we stay with the two used this year? Yes.
    2. If we are to change kit would you be open to the idea of moving away from red and black stripes for home and yellow and blue for away? Never.
    3. For a home kit which of these options would you prefer, red and black halves, red & black quarters, red & black hoops, red with black trim, or possibly a sash of red or black? Does it even have to be red & black? No.
    4. If you think the away jersey should be changed what would you recommend? Back to this:

To be fair all those sample jerseys look like the ones you get when you make your own team on FIFA. They are terrible.
    to be fair we only have the yellow and blue or blue and yellow for the last couple of years, we had some lovely white away jerseys, i wouldnt see yellow and blue/blue and yellow as "our" away colour, more like a new fangled thing!

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    to be fair we only have the yellow and blue or blue and yellow for the last couple of years, we had some lovely white away jerseys, i wouldnt see yellow and blue/blue and yellow as "our" away colour, more like a new fangled thing!
    Why dont we go all modern and get a pink away jersey it seems to becoming quite prominent and the sales of it in the everton club shop are very high and ive got to say the wexford youths pink jersey is one of my favorite in the league but maybe it wouldnt be right i dont know its just a thought
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Stephen Kenny (*genuflects*) changed the away colours to coincide with the county GAA colours as a means of reaching out to the greater Co Longford sporting community. Worked for him in what he was building at the club at the time. Makes sense, to me anyway, to try and retain whatever we can in that regard, even if that feel-good factor has long since died.
    My tuppence worth: I'd prefer a blue away strip with yellow trim, as opposed to a yellow away strip with blue trim
    Marco Tardelli's red and black,
    Red and black, red and black.
    Marco Tardelli's red and black,
    He hates Athlone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Out of interest how much of every jersey the town sells go back to the town?! Im not sure if we need a new jersey, but should we get one, I hope they are a lot easier to get next year than this..

If we must get a new jersey, surely the club could tie in with longford GAA and create a venture similar to what waterford did bringing out both jersies at the same time
    Last edited by Cabs88; 20/10/2010 at 10:38 PM.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    On the away jersey thing, I think this kit was our nicest. Its class.
    Sporting F*ck All!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Found this kit by accident on google images a few months back I think it would be the greatest jersey of all time but its only a fantasy made by somebody in football manager or something but who ever made it is a genius its class id love to see it made even if it was just for the person that designed it but anyway here it is.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...00000925927561
    I really like that.

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.F.C. View Post
    Short of actually making the sample jersies, not sure what else could have been done there. In any case, any time I've seen this attempted before, it's just been dodgy line drawings which look a hell of a lot worse IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Why dont we go all modern and get a pink away jersey it seems to becoming quite prominent and the sales of it in the everton club shop are very high and ive got to say the wexford youths pink jersey is one of my favorite in the league but maybe it wouldnt be right i dont know its just a thought
    I'm sure we'd be accused of jumping on the Youths bandwagon, it's something unique to them and fair play to them for that. I'd be happy with going back to blue and gold or even all white...
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Incidentally the pinstripes are winning at a canter at the moment.
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Can't see the kits at work, will try and have a nose tonight.

Personally I'd prefer to go back to white away jerseys (with a red and black sash?). I'm not sure going to county colours really worked anyway - just meant that the bandwagons could get away with their GAA top at cup finals rather than feeling the need to buy something off the club (sorry to blasphem against St. Kenny ).

Pink tops are awful - so what if a load of divvy scousers think wearing a pink Everton top makes them metro sexual just because it goes with the garish shell suit?
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    something like this for away jersey would be absolutely class i think!

http://i40.tinypic.com/jiersj.jpg

imagine how well they would sell!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Nice jersey not sure I could take to it given it's a City jersey however.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Nice jersey not sure I could take to it given it's a City jersey however.
    That crossed my mind as I suggested it, but the first FCUM away kit was white with a black sash, so that's how I justified it!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    As long as we don't put on stars above our crest "because it looks good" we'd be alright I suppose.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauro 76 View Post
    Think the away kit options will be a lot of fun, looking forward to the upcoming options on that when it happens. This might be a good look for us actually... AC Milan 80's style..

Stylish alright. Would the peaked cap not cause problems with heading though?

21. Thanks From:

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Stylish alright. Would the peaked cap not cause problems with heading though?
    It would aid the total football philosophy we're currently pursuing...

23. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    I say far play to the club for opening a discussion on the jerseys for next season. As I posted on the Poll I went for the Quarters but buyers remorse now and think the sash jersey looks good.

As for away since it doesn't matter too much how about the bumble bee design like Dortmund or what about an all black jersey with a white hoop for the sponsors logo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

White away kit with sash. Bit too similar to City, but it may just catch on.

Longford metrosexuals are go.

26. Thanks From:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast