Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: el classico de midlands

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    I'd have no problem with our current first choice right-full staying on, i think O'Reilly's been solid enough since he came into the team. Our problems in defence have mostly come through the middle or when we've played Deans or Victor at right-fill.
    I cannot see Rovers wanting to hold on to too many of our current loanees and that said the only ones that i'd like to see stay on are Jason Oladele and Craig Walsh. I haven't seen anything from Don to suggest that he's a striker at all this year. Maybe he could do a job on the wing, but a striker that hasn't scored a senior goal all season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    wouldnt be sure about o reilly at all, anytime ive seen him his been caught time and time again out of position, but then again he is much better than vik, thats not saying much

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    sorry should have made it more clear, i ment vik we need to get rid of, he needs a map to find out where he is ment to be on a pitch and every time play goes on his side the opposition gets a cross in easily, he puts ridiculous pressure on the rest of the backline when he plays back there, o'reilly has been good enough but we need an out and full back in there for competiton to o'reilly, would be the best thing for him! don i wouldnt keep either, has not shown any reason to keep him. i doubt craig walsh will be at either club next year but thats just a feeling!

4. Thanks From:

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    A new keeper or 2 and rb, maybe an extra cb and a striker that can grab 12-15 goals a season then we could have a good season but its harder than you think to find these players especially on a small budget
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    A new keeper or 2 and rb, maybe an extra cb and a striker that can grab 12-15 goals a season then we could have a good season but its harder than you think to find these players especially on a small budget
    well hard to believe it or not we have the striker. daisy has being injured the majority of the season and I see that he is injured again which means hes unlikely to play again for the rest of the season.. If Daisy was fit all season the season could have turned out better for us..I would keep Chris Deans for his organisation skills,Mick Lee, Niall O'Reilly, Mark Sammon,John Lester,Thomas Hyland,Craig Mooney,Cathal Brady,the two roches,Derek Glynn and Jason Oladele. The rest of them I wouldnt keep.I dont know what is happening with Gary Cronin as he seems to coach than play these days..
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    well hard to believe it or not we have the striker. daisy has being injured the majority of the season and I see that he is injured again which means hes unlikely to play again for the rest of the season.. If Daisy was fit all season the season could have turned out better for us..I would keep Chris Deans for his organisation skills,Mick Lee, Niall O'Reilly, Mark Sammon,John Lester,Thomas Hyland,Craig Mooney,Cathal Brady,the two roches,Derek Glynn and Jason Oladele. The rest of them I wouldnt keep.I dont know what is happening with Gary Cronin as he seems to coach than play these days..
    I wouldn't be mad on the Roches, not doing anything for me. Who knows what a kick up the hole would do?!
    Sporting F*ck All!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    would have to agree with marty on the roches, think they bring a bit of football to the team, they like to get it down and actually play the game and salmon is a must keep aswell! out of martys list i can see a few going to be honest, and if they go the way of tom king last year, i.e premier division team who could blame them! they are all only young players and i wouldn t think we would have enough to offer them to stay!unfortunately!

id agree on daisy aswell, i think he is crackin player, everyone who says he doesnt look bothered, well thats the way he looks doing everything, he is just laid back type of lad, think he can grab 10 - 15 goals a season when fully fit!
    Last edited by howsyourtouch; 14/10/2010 at 8:40 PM.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    what is happening with Gary Cronin as he seems to coach than play these days..[/QUOTE]

Your dead right marty, my mate pointed this out to me a long time back , what's the point of having him if he isn't going to play if he wants to pick up sone coaching experience that's fine but don't have him taking up space on the bench.

And just On daisy your all dead right he can bag 12-15 goals a season if fully fit but he's also a very confiedence based player if it's not going right for him he gets very down and low in confiendence and struggles but when he's on form he's one of the best about.
    Last edited by outspoken; 14/10/2010 at 9:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Cousins told me the other night that his 2 main priorities for next season are a goalkeeper and a goalscorer. He wasn't impressed with our keepers performances this season at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    I was just chatting to Mick Lee just now as he got the player of the year trophy off tom king during the week for me as we have to give a new player of the year next week!. Mick is training with Mervue as hes in college up there. I was asking him that very question about Gary Cronin and he was telling me that he is studying for his A licence and has the makings of a very good coach so it seems like he will be more of a coach than player next season if he stays with us..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Mick is training with Mervue as hes in college up there. I was asking him that very question about Gary Cronin and he was telling me that he is studying for his A licence and has the makings of a very good coach so it seems like he will be more of a coach than player next season if he stays with us..
    You beat me to it I just found out about cronnin and his A license but I dont like the sounds of mick lee training with mervue I know its a great way to keep him fit and everything but eventually he may just get fed up of travelling and just sign for mervue.......I gave mick my vote for player of the year tonight so hopefully he will stay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    i dont think there is any hope in hell of him signin for mervue, it would be a backwards step and he knows this, its training for him when he is in college and keeps him fit so its a good thing! think it will be his night at the player of the year awards!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Without a doubt Mick Lee has been massive for us all year. He never gives up and has a real hunger. Definitely my vote for Player of the Year.
    Sporting F*ck All!

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    I didn't vote but Mark Salmon would get my vote.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    reason mick would just shade it for me is salmon has not been on this from for the full year, he is finishing very string and if he had of played like that all year then he would have got it without a doubt! but its for the full season and on that id give it to mick!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Realistically its between mick and sammon, and as mentioned above sammon has finished the season strong and has benefitted from hyland returning where before he wouldnt have stood out. Cathal brady another one who has finished very well and a talented player. However, Mick has been brilliant for us all season in his favoured left full role and will probably get the award, fully deserved too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    its gas I was up with Mick on friday to collect last years player of the year trophy off him as he got it for me off Tom King..I jokingly said to him that it will be gas if he won it considering he saw the trophy already!!I voted for Mick himself and it cant happen to a nicer guy..

Some interesting names on the trophy of players of the year since 2000/01 that I want to share with ye:

2000/01 Stephen O'Brien
    2001/02 Stephen O'Brien
    2002/03 Vinny Perth
    2003 Brian McGovern
    2004 Sean Prunty
    2005 Sean Dillon
    2006 Alan Kirby
    2007 Dave Mooney
    2008 Darren McKenna
    2009 Tom King

goal of the season for me was peter hynes effort followed by hylos effort.young player of the year for me would be Mick Lee again followed by Cathal Brady..

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    its gas I was up with Mick on friday to collect last years player of the year trophy off him as he got it for me off Tom King..I jokingly said to him that it will be gas if he won it considering he saw the trophy already!!I voted for Mick himself and it cant happen to a nicer guy..

Some interesting names on the trophy of players of the year since 2000/01 that I want to share with ye:

2000/01 Stephen O'Brien
    2001/02 Stephen O'Brien
    2002/03 Vinny Perth
    2003 Brian McGovern
    2004 Sean Prunty
    2005 Sean Dillon
    2006 Alan Kirby
    2007 Dave Mooney
    2008 Darren McKenna
    2009 Tom King

goal of the season for me was peter hynes effort followed by hylos effort.young player of the year for me would be Mick Lee again followed by Cathal Brady..
    Is Brady not overage for a young player award? He's 25..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    Is Brady not overage for a young player award? He's 25..
    I was chatting to massop10 about this the other night and he suggested Cathal Brady for young player so by his interpretation its anyone 25 or under...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    It's normally under 23. Well that's what a lot of junior and senior clubs have as their age limit..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast