Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oscar Traynor Trophy 2010/11

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elton John View Post
    John Meskell with Aisling is better than both Corbett and Sherlock and can play in 3 positions. Centre half, left back and midfield. I would not be surprised if he is asked into the squad.

no disrespect to meskell but he is not a patch on johnny corbett who IMO is one of the top 4 best players in town

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elton John View Post
    John Meskell with Aisling is better than both Corbett and Sherlock and can play in 3 positions. Centre half, left back and midfield. I would not be surprised if he is asked into the squad.

hahaha he is a average player at best by the way corbett can play centre half he got player of the year with pike a right midfield. if meskell was as good as you say he would be in the squad i would not rate him in the top 10 midfielders in town never mind the top players in town.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redcardrory View Post
    your having a laugh or eating those magic shrooms again meskell better than corbett not a hope and i still dont understand why corbett wasnt asked
    I would not go comparing players but Meskell is definately one of the better players I have seen playing junior football. Congrats to the Aisling lads both past (Ronan) and present (Dan and Dean) for getting on the squad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Johnny Corbett is a very good player but hes playing 2 A football if he was up in a higher division he would probably be picked in the squad.

Formerly skibbereen co.cork but now Oregon USA
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    West Cork League is not taking part. Thats sad when they got to the final a few years back
    west cork district league
    west cork commandos

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Apart from Redcardrorys love for Johnny Corbett I wouldn’t have him in the squad this year! If he wasn’t in it the last few years playing with Pike(start of last season included) he certainly won’t make it playing down in 2A with Moyross!
    Meskell is a good strong footballer who iv seen play in a couple of positions over the years and id have him in my midfield before Ger Burke and a few more of the current squad.

More to the point......Only one keeper worries me though!!! Young Neville is a big loss

International Prospect abbeyvale's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Balanced bias View Post
    Apart from Redcardrorys love for Johnny Corbett I wouldn’t have him in the squad this year! If he wasn’t in it the last few years playing with Pike(start of last season included) he certainly won’t make it playing down in 2A with Moyross!
    Meskell is a good strong footballer who iv seen play in a couple of positions over the years and id have him in my midfield before Ger Burke and a few more of the current squad.

More to the point......Only one keeper worries me though!!! Young Neville is a big loss
    There are 2 Goalkeepers in the squad.............

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    ya, i thought i saw two in the paper,ryan from star and a r.egan from kilmallock.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I wouldent be surprised if neville was back for the munster junior game against fairview

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Its says in the fixtures that Carew Park are playing Corbally in the Touhy cup the thursday before the Oscar Traynor game against Clare.
    If any of the Carew players get injured it doesent give them much time to recover for the game on Sunday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by azizi View Post
    i wouldnt fully agree with you there rory.was down in tralee watching limerick v kerry 2 seasons ago when aidan ryan last had the ot team and the above named player had a great game and played a big part in getting a draw against a quality kerry outfit when other so called better players went missing.a player who can play afew positions so im sure aidan ryan sees him as a useful squad player.cant see the lad starting but as i said will provide cover for at least 3 positions.being honest i didnt even know the guy was playing with either of the above.didnt see him around at all last season.played with AA the last game i saw him around town.
    was that they same match where he was on a yellow and with about 15 mins made a rash challenge (kicked a player into touch needlessly), got a second yellow and left limerick with 10 men for the remainder of the game.....??

However up to that he did have a good game.
    'You should never have a bad game, off the ball.......'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueboy2 View Post
    Its says in the fixtures that Carew Park are playing Corbally in the Touhy cup the thursday before the Oscar Traynor game against Clare.
    If any of the Carew players get injured it doesent give them much time to recover for the game on Sunday.
    I know when limerick were last in the OT final, there was a match between Pike and Boro midweek before the final. Both sides had a number of players in the team/squad. Work that one out.
    'You should never have a bad game, off the ball.......'

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueboy2 View Post

if any carew players gets injuried they wont be turning up for the oscar trainer team which is sad to say becoming a hindrance to players threatened with bans if they dont turn up etc etc why should carew risk there best players if they pick up knocks again corbally in a comp nobody has any interest in.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas72 View Post
    if any carew players gets injuried they wont be turning up for the oscar trainer team which is sad to say becoming a hindrance to players threatened with bans if they dont turn up etc etc why should carew risk there best players if they pick up knocks again corbally in a comp nobody has any interest in.
    A player cant get suspended for not playing oscar trainer im not suprised that cork pulled out.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trueview6 View Post
    A player cant get suspended for not playing oscar trainer im not suprised that cork pulled out.
    I think you will find your wrong there if a players name appears in the squad on the local paper and he does not turn up he can be suspended for 3 matches.
    This rule came in when Paddy Cusack was Oscar Traynor manager.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Youths Oscar Trainer
    Limerick District League 1 2 Cork
    Limerick deserved a draw in fairness but one major mistake by their keeper

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Cool

was at the oscar traynor youths match tonight beaten 2-1,plenty chances either side ,limerick conceded 2 poor goals the 1st one a right howler.rumour around the ground that p.mullins.b.cleary.t.heffernan all trained with the junior squad this week and that 2 players left squad but no names on those two.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I heard big Alier Ajuong is in the squad too. Any truth in that?

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    UCFL drew 2-2 with Meath League in their group last night.
    http://www.ucfl.ie/news/single-view/...ash=8f00183c61

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Balanced bias View Post
    I heard big Alier Ajuong is in the squad too. Any truth in that?
    I've seen Alier a few times this season and every time he has played he has done extremely well and think he should be a regular in the view team. Would be a good addition to the squad.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast