Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Roy Keane Situation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Roy Keane Situation

This is something i need to get off my chest.The many different opinions about Roy Keane's so called walk out in Saipan are becoming annoying.
    1) Roy Keane complained about the very poor training facilities and the fact that the training gear had not arrived which he was fully entitled to do.
    2) Roy Keane compained about the fact that most of the people there were drinking and partying and associating with the very press that had only stabbed him in the back a few days before.Now unless i am mistaken there was the matter of a world cup to be prepared for and a chance for some players to show there ability to the watching world and in other cases it was peoples last chance to shine on a big stage.Now surely they could knock the drink on the head until it was all over after all it was a World Cup thet were at they weren't on holidays.Every football player dreams of going to the world cup and to see certain players abusing this is a bit of a joke and a poor reflection on both them, the boss and the FAI.Surely everyone in this country wanted our team prepared and ready in the best way possible.You can be sure it dosen't go on in other football camps.So Keane was right to speak up about this.
    3)This one i think is the most important.
    KEANE WAS SENT HOME!
    He didn't walk out.So please bere these points in mind when you are giving your opinion on him.I think the Team is better off with him.
    "At the age of twelve, my ambition was to become a gangster. To be a wiseguy was better than being President of the United States. To be a wiseguy was to own the world." - Henry Hill

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Can someone dump this in the National Team forum, so we don't have to have it all over again? (Even if he is right )
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor74
    and was sent home.
    Oh Connor to see you say those words

Nah I think we should keep talking about this for years to.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 years time he'll be too old roy story will end. Shouldn't of been fierd but Shouldn't of been let back either.

At least we do have something to arguee about and it has divided views but if we were english could you imagian the same being said about Beck and Posh Trash. At least this is for football so we don't have it as bad as golden balls
    It's only just begun...............
    If the last 21 years were class, here's looking forward to the next 21 years. It is our time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy
    This is something i need to get off my chest.The many different opinions about Roy Keane's so called walk out in Saipan are becoming annoying.
    1) Roy Keane complained about the very poor training facilities and the fact that the training gear had not arrived which he was fully entitled to do.
    2) Roy Keane compained about the fact that most of the people there were drinking and partying and associating with the very press that had only stabbed him in the back a few days before.Now unless i am mistaken there was the matter of a world cup to be prepared for and a chance for some players to show there ability to the watching world and in other cases it was peoples last chance to shine on a big stage.Now surely they could knock the drink on the head until it was all over after all it was a World Cup thet were at they weren't on holidays.Every football player dreams of going to the world cup and to see certain players abusing this is a bit of a joke and a poor reflection on both them, the boss and the FAI.Surely everyone in this country wanted our team prepared and ready in the best way possible.You can be sure it dosen't go on in other football camps.So Keane was right to speak up about this.
    KEANE WAS SENT HOME!
    He didn't walk out.So please bere these points in mind when you are giving your opinion on him.I think the Team is better off with him.
    You conveniently left out the bit when he called Mick McCarthy a ****ing English **** and told him he shouldn't be managing his country.

For the record, I'm glad he's back. He's a great player.

Deboez Online - http://www.deboez.ipfox.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke O'Riordan
    You conveniently left out the bit when he called Mick McCarthy a ****ing English **** and told him he shouldn't be managing his country.

I habve never posted my feelings on Roy Keane because I am on the fence (to caught up in the great Celtic debate ).
    BUT
    I do think it is out of order that Keane said this to Mick Mcarthy because no one deserves to be treated like that and the whole Plastic Paddy racism was not something that a proffesional footballer should be involved in especially as members of the team he CAPTAINED grew up in England.
    My uncle knew him from Ramblers and said he won't let the younger players give their opinion ad always runs the team the way HE wants-no one else gets a say.
    I do know that he is talented and we need talent and 2006 may well be Keanes last tournament so it'd be good to have him along for the ride.
    His brother was meant to be a LOT better though-shame about his foot problem or he could be leading us now
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Where did you here that Keane said that? If I remember correctly the Evening Herald had that on the front page, Keane denied ever saying such a thing and the Herald had to apologise.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie!

Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    Keane denied ever saying such a thing and the Herald had to apologise.
    Well, he was hardly ever going to admit to that

He was out of line altogether, but i'm glad to see him back. After all, forgive and forget...End of the day, it's about the football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jofyisgod
    Well, he was hardly ever going to admit to that
    Why? If Keane did say it, he would be more likely to say, 'I went over the top with what I said' rather than denying he ever said it. It's not as if he's going to lie in public.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    [QUOTE=Luke O'Riordan]You conveniently left out the bit when he called Mick McCarthy a ****ing English **** and told him he shouldn't be managing his country.
    QUOTE]

Keane never actually said that, it was sensational reporting on the part of the tabloids. You see this is the problem with the whole Keane\Saipan episode - people will only remember what they want to remember, rather than the facts. Luke, you're completely wrong here, Keane never called him an english anything, and this was corrected at the time of the whole episode, backed up by Keane himself.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy
    KEANE WAS SENT HOME!
    For someone so eagerly in suppport of Keane I'm suprised you haven't read his book.He says himself he was not sent home!!
    <insert witty remark>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Whether he was sent home or walked is a mute point as he originally asked to leave and he changed his mind after consulting various people. I dont think Keane was in a good frame of mind out there for various reasons and i think he lost the head over the pitch etc probably caused he was troubled by other stuff too. That does not excuse the bad preparations but I do think that if a person is in a bad mood they do get annoyed and react differently to bad situations.

Anyway he did come back into the squad and was prepared to play in the world Cup. Then they had the infamour meeting which Mc Carthy tried to clear the air but mishandled it so badly that he ended up insulting Keane by saying he faked injury in front of the rest of the players despite the fact he had an agreement with Ferguson and Keane over the IRan game. Dont forget keane had not played for 3 weeks before the 1st leg. Anyway keane lost the plot and huled abuse and Mc Carthy but did not call him an English **** or whatever. that has been denied by Keane, and the FAI after waiting so long and by Niall Quinn. He then said to Mc Carthy you can shove your world cup your arse and stormed out 25 Mins later a press conference was called to say Roy Keane was kicked out of the squad.

So in the end it was a bit of both really and i know if it was me and i was insulted in front of the squad and i lost the plot and said you can shove your world cup up your arsei would not like a press conference to be called 25 mins later. We all say things in arguments and for them to be taken so literally and told to the world 25 mins later was wrong. To be honest over the whole thing i think that one fact is the worst bit of it. Arguments happen all the time, just look at HOlland, Slovenia Germany and various otehrs but quick action like that makes the mind boggle and only leads to conspiracy theories that it was a set up, although there are no facts to back that up

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    None of us really know what happen in Saipan. Bits of info here and there.
    Better to assign that episode to the history books and focus on the future.

Keane walked or quit its an old debate now. He is part of the Irish team that is preparing to try qualify for WC2006.

If he plays well and we succeed he, the team and more importantly Brian Kerr will be heros.

If we fail Keane will probably get it along with Kerr for bringing him back.

I personally am glad Keane is back and I believe we will give the others in the group a run for their money.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I remember reading matt holland's world diary at the time and he catorgorically denied that Keane called McCarthy "english w****er" or anything else.

He was in the room so he should know, it was made up by the gutter press.
    Who put the ball in Englands net? Sheedy Sheedy!

All hail Kevin Sheedy!

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    If that happened in regular workplace, Keane would win a constructive dismissal case though....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

ElSieteSecretos
    I think what roy said at the time was true maybe he shouldnt have left/sent home like that....

I think if Roy would have played Ireland could have beaten España easy (or maybe even Germany ) but I dont belive that the Genesis report would have been implemented so strongly. So there is something good taken out of it.

Remember Irish football has been like this since 1990, which is 14 year without such improvments. Mr Roy Keane has created a lot of discussion and problems for Irish football for 2 years but I think it has marked a changed Irish phyche (which we can now witness). Mr keane gave the kick the donkey needed!

The next World cup we should belive that we can now reach the semi finals, and the world ranking for the side should be closer 8, 9, or 10 not 14.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Deboez Online - http://www.deboez.ipfox.com
    This is the kind of lies that causes Roy Keane to have the kind of reputation he has. Roy Keane has said that he never made such a comment. Niall Quinn has since stated that Roy Keane never made such a comment, he also stated that he cannot recall Roy swearing ONCE during his scathing attack on McCarthys character. Steve Staunton has also since come out and said that Keane did not make such a comment.

Keane did not call McCarthy a Fu.cking English C.unt and trying to paint him as an English hater makes no sence when his wife and kids are all English themselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    yeah but that would be facts you see and in the whole keane business a lot of people like to simply ignore facts and bring in personal vendettas. Its probably more fun that way though lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carnstien
    Keane did not call McCarthy a ... and trying to paint him as an English hater makes no sence when his wife and kids are all English themselves.
    Now now C, she's 2G Irish (born in Nottingham to two Irish parents) and so are the kids. Unless they all opt-out, that is.

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    If that happened in regular workplace, Keane would win a constructive dismissal case though....
    Total b*llocks!
    Quote Originally Posted by carnstien
    ...trying to paint him as an English hater makes no sence when his wife and kids are all English themselves.
    More of the same from Mr. 'I was born in a stable so I must be a f*cking horse'!
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Jaysus, 21 to posts(not including myself) and counting. Do you not get sick of having the same debate over and over? Has anyone's original opinion changed even slightly since this subject first "graced" this forum?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast