Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Is there a link?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Is there a link?

Undoubtly the two biggest debates that continue tirelessly throughout foot.ie are "The Celtic Issue" and "The Roy Keane Issue".
    Threads have been hijacked, friendships torn apart and verbal battles have continued long into the night (exageration )
    So I decided to see if there is a link.
    Are Pro-Celtic generally Pro-Keane? are Pro-Keane Generally Anti-Celtic? I know that there is no obvious link but I thought it might be interesting to see what the result is if anything.
    So stick in a quick reply whether you Pro/Anti Keane and Pro/Anti Celtic and we'll see.

I'm Pro-Celtic and on the fence for the Keane issue.
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    its simplifying it a lot to say are u pro keane or pro celtic
    i suppose if you were to put me in a box like that it would not simply be anti celtic probably just anti irish celtic fans in ireland who think real irish football is crap and then think its cool to be a celtic fan cos it expresses their irishness . no problem with the club or genuine fans at all . there are eL fans on here who do belittle celtic and everything they have done which i think is petty and misses the poiint but i suppose is understandable when faced with years of conversations like
    "do you support celtic "
    " no not really"
    " your irish arent ya? "
    " yea so ?"
    "well your irish so u shud support celtic"
    cue much gnashing of teeth

as for keane my opinion again is not pro or anti . i think he is a fine player easily one of the best in the last twenty years. what he did in saipan was wrong cos he could have just grinned and beared it for a few weeks knowing that he was our best player and that our chances of success were seriously diminished by his withdrawal. But its only football and to call him a traitor in my opinion is hysteria and people should acknowlege that he is now trying to put it right and put things behind him .i suppose that would make me pro keane

im sorry i know this has been done to death but i never bothered putting me two cents in cos they were very thorny issues on the forum i moderate and elsewhere i just decided to keep out of it !

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    there are differrnt views on a lot of things. don't think there's any link at all.