Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Munster Junior Cup 2010/11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Damo View Post
    You all need to grow up. 'Nasty' behaviour my back side. It was all good natured. The song about no toilets in your house was sung following a similar comment from a Carrick supporter. And Carrick supporters were heard giving plenty of stick and abuse to Saints players so don't get on your high horses about Coady getting stick - he gave Saints supporters the finger after he was jeered for a nasty tackle. That said, the same people being referred to on here as yobs shook Coady's hand and several other Carrick's players hands after the game. Carrick supporters gave as good as they got yesterday - if they cannot mobilise their support to sing a few songs like Saint's supporters did (many that rebuked comments from Carrick supporters), that's more of an indictment on them than us. It was just a case of everyone in the ground being able to hear the Saints fans but not the sole Carrick voices venting their spleen. The girls supporting Carrick were great crack and we had great fun with them. We commiserated with them after the game and they wished Saints well - I don't hear them on here complaining. In fairness, Carrick lost a game they probably deserved to get more out of, it was a classic game of two halves, but take the beating in good spirits, lads, and don't be so disingenuous.
    Back on to Defend the "Few" Damo?! Becoming a lovely habit for you at this stage! I can't see why an official from St.Michael's can't simply have a word with these "few" during the game. We're not British and shouldn't therefore be subjected to this "Banter", if you want a sing song, go to an LOI game or go over to Old Trafford. Sing for professionals who are paid good money to take the "Banter"...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    was on bout there first team damo being hungry for honours think danny o brien is only member of current 1st team who was on that b team in 2007. i was not having a dig at the club just saying saints had a hungry bunch of players who i thought would win munster junior cup this year. didnt realise all posts were gonna be scrutinised so severely, ill ensure not to make similar error in future
    if it wasnt for birds and booze id have played for ireland juniors!!!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkx View Post
    Back on to Defend the "Few" Damo?! Becoming a lovely habit for you at this stage! I can't see why an official from St.Michael's can't simply have a word with these "few" during the game. We're not British and shouldn't therefore be subjected to this "Banter", if you want a sing song, go to an LOI game or go over to Old Trafford. Sing for professionals who are paid good money to take the "Banter"...
    Oh, so singing at junior games is forbidden and the act of singing at games is a British phenomenon is it??? That is one bizarre statement. I'm not "defending" anyone - merely stating the facts. There is nothing to defend, hence why would a club official feel the need to "have a word" with this "few" you keep referring to? Carrick, like I said, gave as good as they got. Saints support was just that bit more audible. And, tis not for you to tell anyone where or when they should be singing. We'll be singing our hearts out again in Turner's Cross on the 22nd.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balls View Post
    was on bout there first team damo being hungry for honours think danny o brien is only member of current 1st team who was on that b team in 2007. i was not having a dig at the club just saying saints had a hungry bunch of players who i thought would win munster junior cup this year. didnt realise all posts were gonna be scrutinised so severely, ill ensure not to make similar error in future
    Apologies, Balls - I just didn't want to see the achievement of a B team winning a Tipp Cup go unacknowledged. But, severe scrutinisation of posts on FOOT???? Never .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Oh, so singing at junior games is forbidden and the act of singing at games is a British phenomenon is it??? That is one bizarre statement. I'm not "defending" anyone - merely stating the facts. There is nothing to defend, hence why would a club official feel the need to "have a word" with this "few" you keep referring to? Carrick, like I said, gave as good as they got. Saints support was just that bit more audible. And, tis not for you to tell anyone where or when they should be singing. We'll be singing our hearts out again in Turner's Cross on the 22nd.
    No your right it isn't. But when people cross from Singing to shouting abuse at opposition players and making wild Derogatory remarks, it does entitle people to comment as the St. Mick's fan club clearly have... And can you reread my comment. I clearly stated, Amateur's shouldn't have to be subjected to disgusting remarks from certain people. Never said Singing is "forbidden", your words, not mine. And read over the Comments from the last 2 pages. That clearly wasn't singing. Bit of a difference. Just stating they're very similar comments to the Pike game...Lovely traveling support St.Mick's have there. And you wouldn't be getting this riled up if there wasn't an element of truth somewhere.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    If making a point in reply to your charges constitutes getting "riled up", then I'm guilty as charged. But, this is a forum and by it's very nature is an an environment for opinion and debate, and I'm expressing mine in a balanced and unpredjudicial way. I don't believe you are; comments accusing people of getting riled up for contributing to a debate clearly supports that view. Re your statement on amateurs being subjected to "disgusting" remarks that works both ways and I heard plenty of such remarks directed at Saints players. I think we should let this one lie, Blink, and just agree to disagree. No doubt you'll fire back some other Mary Whitehouse brigade laden nugget of moral wisdom but it shall fall on my deaf ears (pardon the awful pun there - it seems some Carrick fans suffered a bout of hearing loss yesterday, then again, maybe it was just a case of selective hearing). Anyway, come on The Saints, MJC Champions 2011. Thank you.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm sorry but to refer to some of the chanting as good natured banter is childish and moronic. I was in the stand close to some of these guys and yes a number of the chants were great fun especially the one about young Carr which I can still here in my head but other comments were also made about the Carrick girls signing (who were singing simple supporter songs). I heard them calling them sluts at one stage which is scandalous behaviour. So don't try to defend this stuff.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Hey damo, some of the carrick boys are gettin so riled up over this little bit of banter, maybe they dont actually have a toilet in there house

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    After reading the comments on here re the Micks supporters have to agree some of their chants have no place in junior football, certainly not banter. I moved my kids and myself away from those "supporters" and went to the other side of the pitch where I stood alone side true Michs supporters. Yon can't in all fairness defend this stuff, same thing occured at the FAI Junior cup tie in Carrick last year.
    The game was a cracker, Adam Mac best player on view by a mile, extra time would have been the fairest on the night.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by orchardfester View Post
    I'm sorry but to refer to some of the chanting as good natured banter is childish and moronic. I was in the stand close to some of these guys and yes a number of the chants were great fun especially the one about young Carr which I can still here in my head but other comments were also made about the Carrick girls signing (who were singing simple supporter songs). I heard them calling them sluts at one stage which is scandalous behaviour. So don't try to defend this stuff.
    One young kid did shout that and he was told in no uncertain terms to shut up and not do it again. Coady got stick after his gesture following a bad tackle. Other than those incidents there was nothing else. The 'no toilet' thing was sung after a Carrick lad called us knackers - and even the Carrick guy who said that was laughing when the toilet chant was sung. There's a similar theme emerging here, in that every time St Michael's win someone is on complaining about the behaviour of their supporters.

International Prospect abbeyvale's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    One young kid did shout that and he was told in no uncertain terms to shut up and not do it again. Coady got stick after his gesture following a bad tackle. Other than those incidents there was nothing else. The 'no toilet' thing was sung after a Carrick lad called us knackers - and even the Carrick guy who said that was laughing when the toilet chant was sung. There's a similar theme emerging here, in that every time St Michael's win someone is on complaining about the behaviour of their supporters.

Lads move on, itd done with now and its up to the club/s to deal with in house (if theres anything to deal with), its getting boring, especially considering the tournament is now over.

Congrats to St.Michaels.
    68, 99, 08

12. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyvale View Post
    Lads move on, itd done with now and its up to the club/s to deal with in house (if theres anything to deal with), its getting boring, especially considering the tournament is now over.

Congrats to St.Michaels.
    Very well said. I was at the game and thought the commrardarie between Carrick Utd and St.Michaels was most friendly. But what really saddened me was the isolation of the Carrick Utd players for the runners-up presentation. Very few Carrick supporters stayed for what is a bad time for the beaten finalists and it was sad to see the main people to applause a very gallant band of runners-up was the victors. Well played Carrick, your club and players really gave it yer best and to St.Michaels I would say ye are an excellent team so congratulations on yer success. To both, thank you for a marvellous game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nononsense View Post
    Very well said. I was at the game and thought the commrardarie between Carrick Utd and St.Michaels was most friendly. But what really saddened me was the isolation of the Carrick Utd players for the runners-up presentation. Very few Carrick supporters stayed for what is a bad time for the beaten finalists and it was sad to see the main people to applause a very gallant band of runners-up was the victors. Well played Carrick, your club and players really gave it yer best and to St.Michaels I would say ye are an excellent team so congratulations on yer success. To both, thank you for a marvellous game.
    Well said nononsense the many cant be accountable for the few congrats to both teams on a very entertaining game my nerves are shot to bits football is a rollercoaster enjoy the highs because the lows are dark and deep!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Heard today Michaels arrived in the Local in Clonmel with the trophy ...... Was not there but fair play to Saints if it was meant in good taste!!!!
    "I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redman028 View Post
    Heard today Michaels arrived in the Local in Clonmel with the trophy ...... Was not there but fair play to Saints if it was meant in good taste!!!!
    It was a privately organised bus of supporters that stopped in Clonmel with no cup! The bus stopped for a comfort break and yes it was in good taste, chicken fillet burgers from Lyons and pints of Tipperary Champagne in Kate Ryans, they went into the Local for a bit of banter but there was no one there so swiftly moved on to Kate Ryans and sang Karaoke very badly it must be said!!

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearoso27 View Post
    It was a privately organised bus of supporters that stopped in Clonmel with no cup! The bus stopped for a comfort break and yes it was in good taste, chicken fillet burgers from Lyons and pints of Tipperary Champagne in Kate Ryans, they went into the Local for a bit of banter but there was no one there so swiftly moved on to Kate Ryans and sang Karaoke very badly it must be said!!
    Cant beat the Chicken Fillet Burgers out of Lyons...
    "I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell."

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Nice to hear Micks had to stop at a Carrick mans chipper !!!!.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nononsense View Post
    It wrong to say Carrick supporters did not stay for the runners-up presentation. Firstly the presentation area was to small and secondly with no pa system no one knew what was going on. Could someone please sponor a pa system for the Waterford Jnr League !!!. All the Carrick supporters I heard were proud of their teams efforts on the night and many made their way unto the pitch afterwards to congrat the players on their efforts

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by irisheagle View Post
    It wrong to say Carrick supporters did not stay for the runners-up presentation. Firstly the presentation area was to small and secondly with no pa system no one knew what was going on. Could someone please sponor a pa system for the Waterford Jnr League !!!. All the Carrick supporters I heard were proud of their teams efforts on the night and many made their way unto the pitch afterwards to congrat the players on their efforts
    Yes , as usual Carrick Utd. supporters were there to applaud the team's performance. Nothing new in that.
    As for the P.A system, it was the same as at Cahir last year when Carrick won the trophy. Waterford Junior League needs to move with the times!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearoso27 View Post
    Would have sang better if the karaoke machine had any songs we knew!!!

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031