Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2010/11

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    St. Ben's are re-joining the league after being absent for a number of seasons.
    http://www.stbensfc.com/index.html

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Welcome back St Bens, great to see you back, big addition, looking forward to a few tussles in Browns/Dalys cross....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clearly View Post
    Welcome back St Bens, great to see you back, big addition, looking forward to a few tussles in Browns/Dalys cross....

Yea great to see an extra team this year...are ye starting off in Division 3? do ye have a reasonable chance of getting promoted?what kind of a set will ye have

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    i think premier and 1st divison teams shud charge entry to matches..ncw and glin do it and i think abbeyfeale do it also...good to see st bens back in the desmond league after yrs out..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    im not 100% but i think askeaton a are geting ray massey back this season....was talking to him and he said if they come looking for him he would go back there.any1 from askeaton have anything on this

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Start up dates

Junior season commences on sunday, july 29th with the youths league back the day before

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I assume you meant August 29th. Good to see St. Ben's back. I checked out their Website and it's top class. One thing missing though is the whereabouts of their pitch as I gather they are not back at the old running track. Maybe somebody out there can assist? Any news on the format for Div 3 for this season. It certainly made for a much better division with last years set up.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Yeah I meant August 29th. Lads anyone know the make up of divisions 3 & 4, I know St Bens are back in the Desmond League which is great, Killeaney are entering a B team while Athea Utd are entering a B team for the first time
    Last edited by western gale; 07/08/2010 at 5:26 PM.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Glin Rovers had a friendly against Carrig Celtic Friday 6th August!
    Glin won 6-1

International Prospect abbeyvale's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Any team here looking for a friendly this Sunday 15th August away to a Limerick Prem team, PM me if your interested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Looking at the youths set-up there's 6 teams in div 1 and 9 teams in div 2. How can this make sense? Perhaps the league think that like last year that both Glin Rovers and Askeaton will not fulfill all their fixtures? Somebody should recognise that the youths are the future of this league and it should be organised accordingly. Anyone prepared to stick their neck out and make predictions regarding winners and losers in the divisions for the coming season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Notaclue View Post
    Looking at the youths set-up there's 6 teams in div 1 and 9 teams in div 2. How can this make sense? Perhaps the league think that like last year that both Glin Rovers and Askeaton will not fulfill all their fixtures? Somebody should recognise that the youths are the future of this league and it should be organised accordingly. Anyone prepared to stick their neck out and make predictions regarding winners and losers in the divisions for the coming season?
    I think they are keeping more teams in division 2 because teams have more of a chance of winning games.... some teams just end up getting hammered week in week out and loose interest in seeing out there season....it gives teams a fair chance of winning rather than gettting hammered in Div1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Predictions

What are people's predictions for trophies and relegation issues in the Prem and Division 1 this season ?
    Rathkeale will do well to repeat last seasons haul and the promoted teams seem to be doing better than 1 season in the top flight the last few years. I dont think teams will be paying big money for outside coaches as last few seasons this has proved very unsuccessful in my opinion.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

League Formations 2010/11

Premier Division - Abbeyfeale Utd, Adare Utd, Askeaton, Broadford Utd, Glin Rvs, Killeaney, Newcastle West, Newcastle West Rvs, Rathkeale, Shannonside.

Division 1 -Abbeyfeale Utd B, Athea Utd, Ballingarry, Carrig Cel, Glantine, Kilcolman Rvs, Kildimo Utd, Old Mill, Pallaskenry, St Itas

Division 2 - Ballysteen, Breska Rvs, Creeves Cel, Feenagh, Granagh Utd, Kilcornan, Knockaderry, Newcastle West B, Rathkeale B, Rockhill Rvs

Division 3 - Adare Utd B, Askeaton B, Ballingarry B, Bally Rvs, Broadford B, Ferry Rngs, Glin Rvs B, Mountcollins, Shountrade

Division 4 - Athea Utd B, Carrig Cel B, Glantine B, Killeaney B, Newcastle West Rvs B, Pallaskenry B, Shannonside B, St Bens, St Itas B
    Last edited by western gale; 11/08/2010 at 5:02 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Youths Div 1 - Abbeyfeale Utd, Ballingarry, Broadford Utd, Newcastle West, Newcastle West Rvs, Rathkeale

Youths Div 2 - Askeaton, Bally Rvs, Carrig Cel, Creeves Cel, Ferry Rngs, Glin Rvs, Kilcornan, Killeaney, Pallaskenry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I went to see Shannonside v NCW Rovers this evening and it finished 4-4. It wasn't the best game and both sides were missing players but it held interest throughout. Three penalties awarded (correctly in my humble opinion) but I was disappointed with some of the Rovers attitude towards the referee late on in the match. Both sides would need to improve a great deal to retain Premier status this year. As usual some offsides were wrong, but otherwise the ref got most things right, so I cannot understand why players really need to have a rant at the ref. It's not like anything was at stake. Rovers played some good stuff mixed with some indifferent phases and the same could be said for Shannonside. I don't think either will be challenging for honours this season on this performance but would still be good enough to retain Premier status.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Anyone know of pre-season matches over the weekend?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wink

I'm going to watch Ncw and Star in Ncw on Sunday. I want to see what kind of teams they have both pit together this year.

My prediction for the year is rathkeale to win the league again. They are too strong for everyone else plus I heard they have re signed culhane so that should boost their squad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    What time is that game starting? Are NCW at home?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Notaclue View Post
    What time is that game starting? Are NCW at home?
    I was told that it is starting at 1. I'm not a 100% sure but it is definitely on in Ncw. I'm going to look at daniel power back in action. It was a real waste to see him not playing for most of last season.

21. Thanks From:

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast