Thread: FAI Junior Cup 2009/10

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by blinkx View Post
    I wonder what it's like to win an FAI when you know you've already been beaten in the competition...
    the exact same as when you win a mjc when you know you,ve already been beaten in the competition......will you give it a rest,there are people in limerick who are not pikeys but support the club in this whole farce,but with comments like above that support is dwindling fast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by redcardrory View Post
    i agree with you i hope pike go on to win mjc and fairview win the fai the best of luck to both teams
    Does anybody know what is the rule for players coming back from loi,because there a so many different stories.some say 30 days and others 1year and a day.afaik uefa rule states you automaticly become na amateur after 30 days .can anyone confirm.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Its a year and a day and if not you have to get clearance to play in the F.A.I. Junior Cup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    FAI junior cup final is fixed for Sunday, June 13th in Jackman park.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairkop View Post
    the exact same as when you win a mjc when you know you,ve already been beaten in the competition......will you give it a rest,there are people in limerick who are not pikeys but support the club in this whole farce,but with comments like above that support is dwindling fast.
    In all honesty if you listen to half the cr*p on here your not in a right frame of mind. Never claimed to be a "pikey", so I'd imagine on a public form, I'm more than allowed to cast my view without "the pikey's" losing the valuable support, and if they're drawing they're support off these fourms then the boat has long sailed...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twohalves View Post
    FAI junior cup final is fixed for Sunday, June 13th in Jackman park.
    Could not believe what I was told by a member of LDMC until I got confirmation that Fairview objected to playing in Jackman looking to play in Turners Cross instead.
    Not much regard for supporters - Field not up to their standard?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    ya pal the field is a disgrace to limerick soccer it really says it all when a limerick team with a chance to win a FAI at home and on pitch they know very well dont want to play there.
    you could have the dirt bike compition in jackman park with the amount of bumps and hills all over the field.
    pike, boro, fairview, id even put carew park in there now there surface has come on very impressive also kilmallock have a lovely surface. how come the LDMC have a playing surface like that its shocking
    leather you might be able to answer that top pitch down the boro what are they doing wrong?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas72 View Post
    ya pal the field is a disgrace to limerick soccer it really says it all when a limerick team with a chance to win a FAI at home and on pitch they know very well dont want to play there.
    you could have the dirt bike compition in jackman park with the amount of bumps and hills all over the field.
    pike, boro, fairview, id even put carew park in there now there surface has come on very impressive also kilmallock have a lovely surface. how come the LDMC have a playing surface like that its shocking
    leather you might be able to answer that top pitch down the boro what are they doing wrong?
    in fairness fairview,pike+boro put there own money in carew got theres for free off regeneration

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    The pitch in the boro and the pitch in jackmann are totally different in a lot of ways... The boro pitch is a 35 year old construction.. pitch is 99 % soil.other 1% sand added over the years. 1 half newly drained(should have 2nd half drained this year). The boro type of pitch requires a huge amount of time and care, especially with the rain we have been getting in the past few years.Jackmann is like a lot of the modern pitches..it is a sand carpet pitch...main advantage with this type of pitch is that it drains very quickly and very very well. the problem that i see with jackmann is that they dont have the correct maintance schedule and they do not have an irrigation system...a soil pitch holds both moisture & nutrients..the opposite is true of jackmann, nearly everything washes through the sand carpet pitches..there is the question of the amount of games and at what time of the year tey are played...Jackmann also has the problem of not being able to renovate in the summer,unlike the junior clubs.....another problem is teams warming up on the playing surface...this can do more damage in 10-15mins that a whole match..if you factor in the amount of matches with full warm ups on the playing surface, that is a lot of damage...........as a footnote, was up in terryland park pitch a few years ago...they are in the same situation but the pitch was brilliant...they have a full time qualified groundsman...that might be the answer...
    sick of narcissists.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    kev08

uncalled for imo...
    sick of narcissists.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leather View Post
    The pitch in the boro and the pitch in jackmann are totally different in a lot of ways... The boro pitch is a 35 year old construction.. pitch is 99 % soil.other 1% sand added over the years. 1 half newly drained(should have 2nd half drained this year). The boro type of pitch requires a huge amount of time and care, especially with the rain we have been getting in the past few years.Jackmann is like a lot of the modern pitches..it is a sand carpet pitch...main advantage with this type of pitch is that it drains very quickly and very very well. the problem that i see with jackmann is that they dont have the correct maintance schedule and they do not have an irrigation system...a soil pitch holds both moisture & nutrients..the opposite is true of jackmann, nearly everything washes through the sand carpet pitches..there is the question of the amount of games and at what time of the year tey are played...Jackmann also has the problem of not being able to renovate in the summer,unlike the junior clubs.....another problem is teams warming up on the playing surface...this can do more damage in 10-15mins that a whole match..if you factor in the amount of matches with full warm ups on the playing surface, that is a lot of damage...........as a footnote, was up in terryland park pitch a few years ago...they are in the same situation but the pitch was brilliant...they have a full time qualified groundsman...that might be the answer...
    Your knowledge about these two grounds is amazing,pity you can't spell Jackman.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryk View Post
    Could not believe what I was told by a member of LDMC until I got confirmation that Fairview objected to playing in Jackman looking to play in Turners Cross instead.
    Not much regard for supporters - Field not up to their standard?

No offence, but have ye realised there is a Tipperary Team involved too? I think which ever Tipperary team is in final, they would prefer Turners Cross too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kev08 View Post
    in fairness fairview,pike+boro put there own money in carew got theres for free off regeneration
    Terrible remark!!the money came from the department of the Environment because of the new link road which went through their home pitch at the time and fairplay to the club and local politicians for fighting their cause all the way in getting what they have.They should be proud of them great facilities they have and don't deserve the sort of slurred remark above.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twohalves View Post
    Your knowledge about these two grounds is amazing,pity you can't spell Jackman.
    That knowledge is available too anybody who wants to find it online.....no time for spelling...more time for grass.....
    sick of narcissists.....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leather View Post
    That knowledge is available too anybody who wants to find it online.....no time for spelling...more time for grass.....
    I always supected you were a pothead

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redcardrory View Post
    i can't belive you said that kev in all fairness they got their pitch and club house off limerick city council cos a road was put through their old pitch and they lost all schoolboys cos they had no pitch regeneration has nothing to do with them take down your quote and apologise especially that ye are playing them tonight
    ok grand im sorry

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Looks like the word REGENERATION hits a sore point with some people on here,

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Fai Junior Cup thread,take the crap to PM or take it somewhere else.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Sorry, i seem to be lost. Could someone give me directions to the thread about the FAI Junior Cup?

21. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Really looking forward to Sunday - looks set up to be a really memorable game (pitch, weather & the prize at stake) - they tend not to be classics however. Going by COTNs assertion that Smurf & Moroney are available that makes Raymie, Dwayne Burns & Barry Ryan the big doubts - what's the latest? I think Raymies fitness (can't be fully recovered from horrible bang he got) could be crucial. His not playing would mean that Stephen Ryan would be centre half with John Shanahan - I'd be worried. Town have a few options up front with Evan Maguire a real threat so I'd fancy a couple of goals from them. They should be fresh also seeing as the last meaningful game (league games were never going to be top of their priorities after the start they had) was against Villa which was over a month ago. I think discipline will be a big factor also but with the prospect of possibly missing the biggest game most junior players will ever play as a deterrant hopefully 22 players will finish the match. As I say looking forward to it - hopefully will live up to expectations.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast