Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Underage teams in Limerick FC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Question Underage teams in Limerick FC

i know the academy is going well maybe its time to have underage teams in the club to compete with pike and fairview underage ? under 7s up it would be great for future talant at the club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I agree, I think this would be a good step forward for the club. I know Cork City and Salthill Devon both have underage teams who compete in their local league. It would be excellent to raise the profile of the club as well. Hopfully this will start up and when it does lets hope its backed fully by the club and qualified coaches are put over the teams. Theres teams like Malahide and Home Farm and other Dublin outfits that have UEFA B qualified coaches over the under 10's in their club. For the club to get bigger an underage set up is going to be essential!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Limerick have been for sometime now trying to get underage teams off the ground and i believe they are in discussins with the LDSL. However the ldsl....who dont recognise the FAI so therefore dont want anything to do with anythign to do with the FAI...ie Limerick. If anyone out there in football land can find the date of entry to the ldsl run leagues for new clubs wishing to enter teams will they please let everyone know as the LDSL keep it a secret from everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    For starters where would ye intend on getting players from.other clubs?secondly where would these teams play their games because ye have no pitch.I'm sure the clubs of limerick wouldn't take too kindly to ye looking for their players?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    if players want to have ambition they could join its up to player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poolman View Post
    For starters where would ye intend on getting players from.other clubs?secondly where would these teams play their games because ye have no pitch.I'm sure the clubs of limerick wouldn't take too kindly to ye looking for their players?

do you kknow the date for new clubs to enter new teams?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Underage season has started already so no point in even talking about it. under 7s started 3 weeks ago & under 8s & 9s started 2 weeks ago. Cant see other clubs letting them in if im being honest a shame realy

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    I'm sure it could be arranged that Limerick FC youth teams voluntarily restrict their catchment area in order not to be taking players from other clubs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    From the same place all kids come from

Corbally/Knocklisheen (after we stick up a set of goals)

Wont need theirs.

Hope that clears it up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The Limerick FC teams wouldnt be restricted to getting players from certain areas, no more so than any local clubs for that matter. We have our home base in Knockalisheen and our Senior team play out of Jacman for the moment so there are two areas where players may come from. Also with Limerick FC's following im sure some young supporters would like to play for the club or parents could bring their kids along. It would be open to anybody who would like to play for the club. In setting up these underage sides the club would be giving players good coaching and a good oportunity to come up through the ranks and play for the senior team in Limerick. The aim isnt to undermine local clubs and prevent them getting new members but for football in Limerick and for the club to develope its own talent. Local clubs may be put out by this but its a neccessary step forward for the club. There are plenty of grounds in Limerick for rent, i wouldnt see this as a major problem really. Other Senior clubs around the country have already got these mesures in place and if we dont get the ball rolling we will continue to fall behind other Airtricity League teams.

11. Thanks From:

International Prospect abbeyvale's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Sure most clubs in Limerick are losing there best young players to bigger clubs anyway, so what difference would it make,,,,,,,,,,,,,

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Its funny when you think about it. A lot of the junior lads give out about Limerick taking some of their best players and that Limerick don't bring through any of their own players. But when Limerick try start from the ground up they get criticised about how they are going to take possible players from other clubs.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Its funny when you think about it. A lot of the junior lads give out about Limerick taking some of their best players and that Limerick don't bring through any of their own players. But when Limerick try start from the ground up they get criticised about how they are going to take possible players from other clubs.
    It's not funny when you think about it. It's pathetic when you think about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Are Pike, Fairview junior teams and the likes of Wembley underage a few years ago worried about other clubs not wanting there players to leave.

Limerick could sign any player that wanted to join the same as every other Junior and Underage teams.

16. Thanks From: