Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-season friendly vs Harps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Pre-season friendly vs Harps

Thursday night in Finn Park with a 7.30pm kick off.
    Entry €5.

Anyone coming up?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory H View Post
    Rovers1 and Donal E just arrived.

Twitter.com/sligorovers for updates tonight.
    Fare play on the twitter updates Rory. it's great to be able to check in on events from afar.
    "Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers1 View Post
    Would there be mostly trialists tonight Sam, or would it be a recognisable enough team?
    We were due to play a game against The Irish Defence force side last night but it was called off due to the fog. Had that game gone ahead, it would have been mainly our strongest side playing tonight but I would say he will start strong with a young second half side.
    I'd expect Kevin McHugh and Johnny Minnock to make their return to Finn Park in tonights game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CF1989 View Post
    he must be about 95 now?
    32, still very capable.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    www.thebitored.com has piece on tonights game

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    no score at half time

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    was at the game. very difficult to read into this performance. we defo need to play more games as there is a lot of gelling to be done. was impressed with dillon when he came on also thought ritchie ryan looked sharp. donninger was ok but went off at 1/2 time. almeida came on and was very solid. the french striker never turned up i believe he is gone back home to paris. overall we have a vey young enthusiastc bunch of players but it will take a bit of time. the pitch was very bumpy & it was a very cold night. harps were as good as us on the night but if we can build a good team spirit we should be ok. cookie & gerry are the two who can do it for us

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Dolan View Post
    Super Jay and Blinkhorn were out on their own, followed by Marshell(who won two headers). I wouldnt be Donninger's biggest fan but he's our player now so we have to support him, Richie Ryan has to start v Shams. Tom said he has £100 on Cook to be gone in the first four games
    Who is super Jay?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Dolan View Post
    Super Jay and Blinkhorn were out on their own, followed by Marshell(who won two headers). I wouldnt be Donninger's biggest fan but he's our player now so we have to support him, Richie Ryan has to start v Shams. Tom said he has £100 on Cook to be gone in the first four games
    Surely you haven't decided how good or bad he is just after half a game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    What a load of rubbish, we have assembled a team of midgets yet again, Donninger made Ryan look top class, Almeida is not fit, O'Grady couldn't make a five-yard pass, Doyle was outfoxed by a kid at left back, Harps will do well this year if they keep playing with the zest they had last night, the only positives were Blinkhorns performance and the two battered sausages on my Irish breakfast God bless the Nannerey and Finn Park

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    new season. same old pessism !! it's only a pre-season. Rovers havent played too many games yet so would be expected to be rusty. i'll reserve judgement 10games into the league.

on another note ? why do we play all these friendlys away from home. the clubs wants to get money but have no home pre-season games ? ok it wont bring in much but something is better than nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Oh lord, somebody got a bad wine gum.
    "Even if the wind stops to blow
    Even if the sea ceases to flow
    Even if the sun ceases to rise
    The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning star glittering in the sky."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
    new season. same old pessism !! it's only a pre-season. Rovers havent played too many games yet so would be expected to be rusty. i'll reserve judgement 10games into the league.

on another note ? why do we play all these friendlys away from home. the clubs wants to get money but have no home pre-season games ? ok it wont bring in much but something is better than nothing.
    Exactly..you cant really make judgements on a meaningless pre season fixture..where fitness and getting to know each other is more important.......

A.Dolan...."Super Jay"..really???..this is defo the same lad that used to play for us and went on to Athlone and Longford??...as i said before i never rated him when with us and seen him in the 1st division with both those clubs and didnt think much at all....i've no prob eating humble pie so i hope im wrong.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrickFan View Post
    A.Dolan...."Super Jay"..really???..this is defo the same lad that used to play for us and went on to Athlone and Longford??...as i said before i never rated him when with us and seen him in the 1st division with both those clubs and didnt think much at all....i've no prob eating humble pie so i hope im wrong.
    jason was just starting out back then and was a bit light and was often in and out of team. i remember he tore galway apart in terryland setting up the two goals that won us the game. but that form wasnt often replicated; his chances were limited enough to be fair. i think he'll be a good player to have in the squad. he's rovers through and through and always good to see locals in the squad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Peachey don't know what your on about Doyle for, he played very well. And he was playing left midfield so for a left back to make a fool of him was impossible unless he was constantly running across the pitch. Jason McCartney played very very well. Was never his biggest fan before, but he has been playing very well as of late and will be a welcome addition to the squad this season.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ARooney28 View Post
    Peachey don't know what your on about Doyle for, he played very well. And he was playing left midfield so for a left back to make a fool of him was impossible unless he was constantly running across the pitch. Jason McCartney played very very well. Was never his biggest fan before, but he has been playing very well as of late and will be a welcome addition to the squad this season.
    so jays signin for ye is that defintely the case?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I just can not understand the line being taken by Peachey on this game. I always thought pre-season friendlies were glorified training sessions where Managers/Coaches had a chance to run their eye over players in a simulated game situation and therefore see their strengths or shortcomings or abilities or lack of. I recall reading somewhere that Ryan Giggs was once thought as a budding young defender who would be good at going forward, also, probably be a big man as his father was a pro Rugby League player! Fergie did'nt see it that way and as they say the rest is history. It will take several games for this to gel together into good team, but we have to have patience and trust in Cook/Carr in the meantime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Has anyone ever seen Peachey and Inside Man in the same place?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    will you stop feeding their egos. They are just 2 dopes from the forza rovers website who come on here trying to stir s**t. If you ignore them and their childish comments they will go away.

See this thread

http://sligorovers.proboards.com/ind...ay&thread=1011

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Has anyone ever seen Peachey and Inside Man in the same place?
    Aren't you a proper little Jessica Fletcher, I don't know inside man but he's like me not afraid to call the truth, as for that Forza crowd, they're probably too consumed in their orgy of destruction around the town this week to do anything constructive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast