Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Liam Brady to step down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

Liam Brady to step down

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...264348498.html

LIAM BRADY has revealed that he will not be staying on to be a part of Giovanni Trapattoni’s Republic of Ireland management team for the forthcoming European Championship campaign.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Read the whole article and the things that leap out are Trap being "fully commited" to the job (guess he didnt tell his agent) and the FAI saying the escape clause for Trap does not exist. (In case he didnt 'tell' his agent.)
    As for the Brady part, I actually do find it believable, i mean Arsenal pays the man's wages and although an extra $500,000 does not hurt for him, perhaps they were tired of this distraction. And he makes more than that with them.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    Read the whole article and the things that leap out are Trap being "fully commited" to the job (guess he didnt tell his agent) and the FAI saying the escape clause for Trap does not exist. (In case he didnt 'tell' his agent.)
    As for the Brady part, I actually do find it believable, i mean Arsenal pays the man's wages and although an extra $500,000 does not hurt for him, perhaps they were tired of this distraction. And he makes more than that with them.
    One persistent rumour on the english messageboards is that Brady is being shaped up to move from Arsenal altogether (not fired but to move back into management). Again this is through so and so's sister who's working in the office and overheard this and that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weecountyman View Post
    One persistent rumour on the english messageboards is that Brady is being shaped up to move from Arsenal altogether (not fired but to move back into management). Again this is through so and so's sister who's working in the office and overheard this and that.
    Brady explained: 'The decision to end my involvement with Ireland has been taken in light of my continued work as director of youth development at Arsenal.

'The Ireland role required me to be away a lot of time and although Arsenal made clear they would have been quite happy for me to continue, I have decided it is not right in the circumstances to remain in position after I complete my contract this April.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/0213/bradyl.html

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Anytime Brady speaks about Arsenal, you can hear what the place means to him, so Id say its unlikely that he is moving elsewhere. Pity to see him leave, wonder will an ex Irish player be lined up as a replacement?? any ideas??

Once Trap and Tardelli stay im happy anyways. Good news reported today as well that Hiddink is leaving Russia in June.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ifk101 View Post
    Brady explained: 'The decision to end my involvement with Ireland has been taken in light of my continued work as director of youth development at Arsenal.

'The Ireland role required me to be away a lot of time and although Arsenal made clear they would have been quite happy for me to continue, I have decided it is not right in the circumstances to remain in position after I complete my contract this April.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/0213/bradyl.html
    RTE - First as always
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    Are you sure he's getting paid so much by the FAI?
    I'd say he'd be welcomed back to the RTE panel with open arms so maybe he looked at the whole picture and decided the difference between the money he'd make from television and what he's getting now wasn't worth the hassel of continuing with the Irish job. Will be interesting to have someone from the "inside" on the panel. Will he be totally loyal to Trap or can he remain objective?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    I wonder if this has more to do With Trap jumping ship. The news from the BBC this morning suggests Trap might well be off. Why would Trap's agent be spouting off without Trap's say so?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    well if Trap does go and Hiddink is available......
    'And Crouch must score'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelys Guitar View Post
    I wonder if this has more to do With Trap jumping ship. The news from the BBC this morning suggests Trap might well be off. Why would Trap's agent be spouting off without Trap's say so?
    I agree. I might be jumping to conclusions too but maybe Liam Brady has left because the writing is on the wall anyway.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeNiro View Post
    well if Trap does go and Hiddink is available......
    As soon as Trap said never say never a few weeks back I thought he might be off to a team that has qualified. If a team that has qualified comes up with the readies then I believe Trap is off. We are talking big money though. Compensation to the FAI (unless there is a craftily worded clause). Plus Trap's and his background teams wages. As for Hiddink you never know but I bet he will be managing a club side soon. By the way I hope Trap does stay.
    Last edited by Noelys Guitar; 13/02/2010 at 1:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Him making 500,000 is what the article claims...But no I cant vouch for that.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Good riddance to Brady but I hope Trap doesn't go. I feel Brady is responsible for some of the biases that have affected selection during the Trap era. I'd like Tardelli and Trapattoni to make up their own minds on players without Brady's input which I think is somewhat tainted by his work on the panel.
    "No regrets, none at all. My only regret is that we went out on penalties. That's my only regret. But no, no regrets." -Mick McCarthy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danonion View Post
    Good riddance to Brady but I hope Trap doesn't go. I feel Brady is responsible for some of the biases that have affected selection during the Trap era. I'd like Tardelli and Trapattoni to make up their own minds on players without Brady's input which I think is somewhat tainted by his work on the panel.
    I think the vast amount of selection choices were very good, especially by the end of the campaign, with the one exception of course being the exclusion of Andy Reid. That said, Brady is a big fan of Reid, so I don't know how much sway he actually had in terms of who Trap selected.
    Eirebhoy's "We Love You" Chant. RIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UfSbASyrQ

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danonion View Post
    Good riddance to Brady but I hope Trap doesn't go. I feel Brady is responsible for some of the biases that have affected selection during the Trap era. .
    Any evidence of this? I very much doubt that Trap would be influenced by anyone?

Assistant: someone like John Aldridge perhaps.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post

Assistant: someone like John Aldridge perhaps.
    Thought the same myself, but dont think anyone is really needed to step him. Brady was essentially the guy to deal with the press while the 2 italian lads scrubbed up their english. Trap and particularly Tardelli know their way round here now so no need for minder Brady anymore. Never really looked like he was contributing a whole lot from the bench. Nonetheless I always liked him on the rte panel, talked alot of sense and would like to see him return there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Are there plans afoot for a replacement?
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.