Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: O'Mahony Receives Irish Call-Up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

O'Mahony Receives Irish Call-Up

Sligo Rovers under-age star Barry O'Mahony has been called into the Irish Schoolboys squad for their upcoming Centenary Shield campaign. As part of their preparations for these games the Irish Schoolboy side who are managed by Dave Archibald take on Australia this Thursday in the Oscar Traynor Complex. O'Mahony will link up with his team-mates on Wednesday in Dublin. O'Mahony has previously been capped by Ireland at U-15 level and indeed he played twice for his country as he featured in games against Wales and Northen Ireland.

O'Mahony played most of his youth football with Strand Celic and his form earned him his call up to the U-15 Irish side. He then joined Belvedere before returning to Sligo last Summmer as he joined Sligo Rovers. He made his debut for Paul Cook's side in the Setanta Cup game against Cork City and was also in the squad for the game against Cliftonville. O'Mahony's call up continues a proud tradition of producing Irish school-boy internationals for his school Summerhill College and he joins the likes of Ciaran Martyn, Conor O'Grady, Philip Gallagher, Barry O'Dwyer, Colin Gaule among many others who have in recent years played for the College and been picked for their country.

O'Mahony said that it was an honour to be called up:
    "It's a great honour to be picked for your country and I'm delighted with the call-up. I'm looking forward to the games and hopefully I will get capped. Either way it will be a great experience and one that I'm really looking forward to."
    Sligo Rovers first team manager Paul Cook wished O'Mahony all the best with his call-up:

"It's great for the lad to get picked for his country and hopefully he will get a few games. Barry's a talented player and one of the best under-age prospects at the club. This experience will do him the World of good and hopefully he'll use it to go and push for a place in the first team squad."

Kick-off for Thursday's game is at 1 o'clock.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    Sligo Rovers under-age star Barry O'Mahony has been called into the Irish Schoolboys squad for their upcoming Centenary Shield campaign. As part of their preparations for these games the Irish Schoolboy side who are managed by Dave Archibald take on Australia this Thursday in the Oscar Traynor Complex. O'Mahony will link up with his team-mates on Wednesday in Dublin. O'Mahony has previously been capped by Ireland at U-15 level and indeed he played twice for his country as he featured in games against Wales and Northen Ireland.

O'Mahony played most of his youth football with Strand Celic and his form earned him his call up to the U-15 Irish side. He then joined Belvedere before returning to Sligo last Summmer as he joined Sligo Rovers. He made his debut for Paul Cook's side in the Setanta Cup game against Cork City and was also in the squad for the game against Cliftonville. O'Mahony's call up continues a proud tradition of producing Irish school-boy internationals for his school Summerhill College and he joins the likes of Ciaran Martyn, Conor O'Grady, Philip Gallagher, Barry O'Dwyer, Colin Gaule among many others who have in recent years played for the College and been picked for their country.

O'Mahony said that it was an honour to be called up:
    "It's a great honour to be picked for your country and I'm delighted with the call-up. I'm looking forward to the games and hopefully I will get capped. Either way it will be a great experience and one that I'm really looking forward to."
    Sligo Rovers first team manager Paul Cook wished O'Mahony all the best with his call-up:

"It's great for the lad to get picked for his country and hopefully he will get a few games. Barry's a talented player and one of the best under-age prospects at the club. This experience will do him the World of good and hopefully he'll use it to go and push for a place in the first team squad."

Kick-off for Thursday's game is at 1 o'clock.
    Good luck to the young lad, hope it goes well for him.