Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: The Drogheda thread - budget being revised

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndrog View Post
    There is a very obvious difference ! You want me to spell it out for you - Requested informal meetings were held with representatives of the FAI to ask advice about budget requirements ets , they were advised that the budget they were going with would be refused , it was then revised twice to what the club seen as appropriate with regard to wages , overheads , sponsorship etc . I havent denied for one min that it was handled badly but some of the nonsense in the media is out of order and only makes the situation worse .
    what this shows is that drogs are encapable of formulating a budget on their own without outside help which after the last couple of years is both sad and funny
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Don't agree. You can respond to a post without going into hysterics (You want me to spell it out for you?).
    Hysterics??? Worst thing I can see he said there was "get real ffs". Nothing of the rest of the post could possibly be construed as hysterical imo (tho then again I'm not a snooty condescending moderator)
    Last edited by WindmillWarrior; 11/02/2010 at 12:58 PM.
    Dundalk 1 - "the worst team to ever play in the premier" 2 :D

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    ndrog - this is whitehorse we are talking about ...... reasoned debate concerning DU and whtehorse aren't exactly the order of the day.

Some people can put aside inter club rivarily etc to have a discussion, with the slight digs , others simply cant see through their haze of hate regarding specific clubs to have such discussions, IMO whitehore is one of these. TBF other Dundalk fans have their points in this thread but haven't being trying to stick their foot in (quite refreshing an to the betterment of the forum).
    Drogheda United in this together

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passerrby View Post
    what this shows is that drogs are encapable of formulating a budget on their own without outside help which after the last couple of years is both sad and funny
    Yes, they made a bit of a tits of it. However it is now fixed. But don't let that get in the way of you having a pathetic little dig anyway
    Dundalk 1 - "the worst team to ever play in the premier" 2 :D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    your missing my point it took the fai to tell you what a sustanable budget was do you not think that after all your club has been through that at least you would not run headlong down the same road again and be in a position to tell what is possible and what is not. because if you are not they maybe the people who are running the club are the wrong people .. and it was not meant as a dig Just a reality check.
    Oh and something else it feeds the notion that clubs are encapalble of running them selves

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Or on the other hand Dufc are using the processes that exist in the fai with regard to consultation etc . The club spoke to and got advice re what the requirements were re the budget . Seriously folks this is pathetic what is so hard to understand about this ? Some good posts on this thread , some from Dundalk fans among others ! But some serious nonsesne .You cant do wrong for doing right it would seem ..

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WindmillWarrior View Post
    Nothing of the rest of the post could possibly be construed as hysterical imo
    He has two posts; the other one goes off on "You want me to spell it out for you?" and the like. Plus ndrog has gone in for hysterics time and time and time again on here, so it's not exactly out of the blue.

Anyways, that's my final comment on it. Back on topic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Just a couple of points I wish to make clear.

I want DUFC to survive and applaud the corrective action being taken at this early stage of the season. However, I disagree with the attempts to shout down anyone who questions the rather bizarre exaplanation of the reduced budget as being due to a recession that suddenly arose between December 2009 and January 2010.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Or on the other hand Dufc are using the processes that exist in the fai with regard to consultation etc . The club spoke to and got advice re what the requirements were re the budget . Seriously folks this is pathetic what is so hard to understand about this ? Some good posts on this thread , some from Dundalk fans among others ! But some serious nonsesne .You cant do wrong for doing right it would seem ..
    seriously ndrog im not having a go but when clubs fail to manage there own club without the fai having to teach them basic maths then that sends out the wrong message.any club should not have to be told what is sustanable and what is not that is passing responsibility for your club to someone else

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Ok one final time for whitehorse and passerby then ! A budget was drawn up by the board taking into account sponsorship , gates and all the normal revenue streams . The budget was made known to the fai - no problem .. Since xmas the budget has had to be reduced twice due to lack of forthcoming sponsorships , recession etc . The current budget was then presented to the fai by the deadline and we are waiting on word on wether it will be passed . All clubs have been in consultation throughout the process regarding there budgets . The revenue story was a nonsense story printed by pathetic journalists with nothing better to do .And passerby your comments are nothing more than having a dig at the people in the claretandblue club who are working seriously hard to make things work .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Ok one final time for whitehorse and passerby then ! A budget was drawn up by the board taking into account sponsorship , gates and all the normal revenue streams . The budget was made known to the fai - no problem .. Since xmas the budget has had to be reduced twice due to lack of forthcoming sponsorships , recession etc . The current budget was then presented to the fai by the deadline and we are waiting on word on wether it will be passed . All clubs have been in consultation throughout the process regarding there budgets . The revenue story was a nonsense story printed by pathetic journalists with nothing better to do .And passerby your comments are nothing more than having a dig at the people in the claretandblue club who are working seriously hard to make things work .
    In no way is my comments any attack on the supporters of drogs I have nothing but the hight of respect for them.but i assume it was not the supporters who have overseen the budget proposels if you have twice had your budget rejected/returned/ disallowed what ever it shows **** poor leadership.the phrase "the budget was made known"but was not submitted is symantics are you saying you never submitted a budget but we showed it to the fai.
    and a question what if the fai were not supervising budget forcasts would that mean drogs would be now walking blindly into trouble

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    seriously ndrog im not having a go but when clubs fail to manage there own club without the fai having to teach them basic maths then that sends out the wrong message.any club should not have to be told what is sustanable and what is not that is passing responsibility for your club to someone else
    Passerby, do you think that DUFC are the only club seeking budget advice from the FAI this season. The FAI has adopted a zero tolerance approach for obvious reasons, it is my opinion that every club will seek budgetary advice. In the aftermath of our exiting examinership the fans demanded more transparency and thats what we have got. The people running the club are new to all this and have to carry out all their business under the full glare of the media and the keyboard junkies (see our MB for some good examples of 'hysteria' ). As far as I an concerned, there have been some pre season troubles which have been handled responsibly and the people running the club at present are to be commended.
    we looked from Montrose to Swords, from swords to Montrose and from Montrose to Swords again but already it was impossible to spot UCDs right winger

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    you are proberly right mr untitiled im sure the people at dufc are doing there best and are new to football administration and they should be respected for that just hate to see clubs in the news for financial reasons

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    at just hate to see clubs in the news for financial reasons
    never a truer word

don't we all ....
    Drogheda United in this together

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Foot.ie!

and a question what if the fai were not supervising budget forcasts would that mean drogs would be now walking blindly into trouble
    Yes, they probably would. That's the whole point of the process if I understand it correctly.
    But so would we last season but for the FAI rejecting our budgets/advising us that the budget would not be workable. I'm not quite sure what the difference is to be honest.
    If clubs cannot or will not get realistic with their budgets then the culture needs to be changed, but it won't happen overnight either.
    To be fair to the FAI, they seem to be getting it right on this issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    Yes, they probably would. That's the whole point of the process if I understand it correctly.
    But so would we last season but for the FAI rejecting our budgets/advising us that the budget would not be workable. I'm not quite sure what the difference is to be honest.
    If clubs cannot or will not get realistic with their budgets then the culture needs to be changed, but it won't happen overnight either.
    To be fair to the FAI, they seem to be getting it right on this issue.
    agree they are we hope spot on but do you think it should not unreasonable to expect clubs to put forward budgets that dont need outside validation.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The club formed a budget before Christmas. It was a draft, a discussion document. After Christmas having been let down by various commitments vis a vis financial assistance due to individual/businesses difficulties, the board reviewed the budget whilst at the same time trying to secure additional funding. All clubs had to meet with the FAI after Christmas in relation to budgets. DUFC did, DUFC showed the draft budget, explained that it was awaiting the outcome of various sponsorship deals and other financial contributions, the FAI also made certain observations, explanations were given and accepted and we are where we are. Irresponsible???? Get a grip.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Is Drogheda "seeking budget advice" akin to the former Derry City board "seeking contract advice"?

The FAI aren't running a MABS clinic, they are supposed to be approving budgets based on realistic estimates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    725 Posts
    Could a mod change the title of the thread? It's pretty misleading now.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    outside validation.
    It's the fai that validate it, inorder to participate in the FAI run league. Hardly 'outside validation'.
    we looked from Montrose to Swords, from swords to Montrose and from Montrose to Swords again but already it was impossible to spot UCDs right winger

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast