Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohs SCP discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BYCTWD View Post
    It is my understanding that they have. Which means that bohs, who were budgeting to win all three domestic trophies, will have to readjust down at least €250,000, or 5k a week on wages.

Ouch.
    Your estimate of our budget process is, like most other things you "predicted" about Bohs utter rubbish. Not even worth a serious reply given how wide of the mark it is. your sources are, as before, completely wrong (you should be familiar with that by now )

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    As a matter of interest how much of a drop off in crowds are Dundalk (novelty of promotion) and shams (novelty of new play pen) allowing for in budget for next year ?
    I seem to remember hearing somewhere that Shamrock Rovers' budget last season didn't include gate receipts. I could be mistaken though.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    It is my understanding that they have. Which means that bohs, who were budgeting to win all three domestic trophies, will have to readjust down at least €250,000, or 5k a week on wages.

Ouch.
    That could not be more wrong.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    I'm not you know....

Bohs stated that they budget for winning the league as recently as this week. The FAI have closed that practice. So how exactly does this not mean you have to cut your preliminary budget?

Not expecting any sort of rational answer by the way.
    You are you know, Bohs are not budgeting on winning the treble or even the league for that matter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Even if our gats fall by one third, they are still more than twice yours. So I'm not quite sure why you use that as a stick to beat us with.

As for the substance to your point that its all about silverware, regardless of the critical damage it has done to your finances, have you ever heard of Shelbourne?
    or indeed the club formerly known as Shamrock Rovers .

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,226 Posts
    mb - you're free to answer the questions posed, or to ignore them and move off to another thread, but give it a break with trying to deflect from the topic people are trying to discuss. You've been warned about this God knows how many times now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    I'm not you know....

Bohs stated that they budget for winning the league as recently as this week. The FAI have closed that practice. So how exactly does this not mean you have to cut your preliminary budget?

Not expecting any sort of rational answer by the way.
    Once again, bohs budget is not predicated on winning the League 2010. rational enough for you ?
    You have been told this several times so if you wish to keep spouting made up rubbish to the contrary then fine but please don't seek "rational" answers to irrational claims.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Well I know that, because the FAI told you you couldn't....
    Would you ever grow up. Most of your childish posts on here about Bohs are ridiculous.

If bohs had attempted to submit a budget based on them winning all domestic trophies it would have been in all the papers by now & Rovers fans (especialy you) would have posted links to every site you could find on the internet

The 08 budget was ridiculous & FAI should never have allowed bohs to submit a budget based on winning the league. However this year's budget is not based on winning the league & rightly so.

At this stage the thread should be moved to the Shamrock's section as their fans are posting more on this thread than anybody else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    mb - you're free to answer the questions posed, or to ignore them and move off to another thread, but give it a break with trying to deflect from the topic people are trying to discuss. You've been warned about this God knows how many times now.
    Quoting Shelbourne = OK. Quoting Shams = not OK. Interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Quoting Shelbourne = OK. Quoting Shams = not OK. Interesting.

Seemingly so. MB has done has done nothing but deny claims in this thread and once again stu you seem to be letting your bias get in the way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by topia View Post
    Seemingly so. MB has done has done nothing but deny claims in this thread and once again stu you seem to be letting your bias get in the way.
    Anyway, the issues raised (including some ridiculous claims) have been answered as best we can. Sooner the better the meeting with the FAI goes ahead and we can put an end to the issue(s) once and for all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,226 Posts
    Didn't really expect you to understand, tbh.

Quoting Shels = genuine attempt to show where Bohs are headed.

Quoting Rovers = attempt to slag another club just to deflect from the issue at hand. And it's hilarious that ye still continue to liken yourselves to Rovers' former board.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Didn't really expect you to understand, tbh.

Quoting Shels = genuine attempt to show where Bohs are headed.

Quoting Rovers = attempt to slag another club just to deflect from the issue at hand. And it's hilarious that ye still continue to liken yourselves to Rovers' former board.
    In the eye of the beholder (and that is generous) - if you believe that poster has a genuine concern in the interest of Bohemian FC then I have some magic beans you might be interested in...
    I have tried to answer questions rasied here, some of which were ridiculous, but cant remember likening Bohs to shams (05 or any other vintage) Could be accused of likening Shels to Shams maybe ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,631 Posts
    the Bohs situation is nothing like Shels or Shamrock Rovers in the past. Ive said it before and i stand by that. There is one massive difference.

And to be honest, i think its fair game that any poster, be they Shels, Rovers, Derry, Cork, Sligo or whoever that tries to sully our name should be reminded of their not so pristine recent past. Point scoring and counter accusations happen in all walks of life and, if it is good enough for Bohs to be slated, then i dont see why this messageboard should be any different.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,226 Posts
    Actually, it's one of the basic laws of the forum that you don't do that, primarily because it's a pretty pathetic defence. It's basically the internet equivalent of "I know you are, but what am I?", and says more about the mentality of the Bohs fans resorting to that tactic than anything else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,631 Posts
    no, it says more about how common these problems are in the league that we are able to resort to such remarks and how our situation is not unique than it does about the mentality of Bohs fans.

You might be okay with bending over and taking it when people criticise UCD but i am glad that other Bohs posters here are a bit more willing to fight fire with fire.

If nothing else, based on BYTCRP's posts, can we change the title to Bohs SCP Rumours?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,631 Posts
    if you wont change the title, can you tell me how the following is acceptable?

Ouch.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    BYCTWD can you actually back up anything you say? Or is everything you say just unfounded claims that you like to make up (as someone said on here before throw enough mud and it will start to stick), I'm looking specifically at your claims that Bohs submitted a budget to include prize money for winning the treble? How many of your posts on here are about Bohs? It really is borderline obsession at this stage.

Most fans will know more about their own budget than the fans of another team will so stop acting like you know everything and anything about us, it's pathetic at this stage.

Most if not all Bohs fans/members know about their clubs budget and what they are budgeting for more than you do so give it a rest and stop coming up with such tripe such as 'Bohs are budgeting for winning 3 trophies', when it is abundantly clear to everyone that, that is not true.

Our lowest point was/will still be a hell of a lot higher than yours was mate.

This must kill you but like it or not the Bohs board are getting their house in order and we're here for the long term.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,226 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    I am glad that other Bohs posters here are a bit more willing to fight fire with fire.
    You're doing nothing of the sort. You're fighting rumours with petty slaggings, and it doesn't reflect well on yez.

Quote Originally Posted by Leejo View Post
    This must kill you but like it or not the Bohs board are getting their house in order
    Given you've just lost E1.9m last year - as it seems from the Daily Mail article - can you back up that comment? A lot of Bohs fans fall back on to it, and it sounds like it's empty rhetoric to be honest.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

"The topic people are trying to discuss" ....lol. Any amount of speculative nonsense has been allowed by you in this thread plus adding your own for good measure. Newspaper aricles have been quoted as gospel when it has suited and ignored or dimissed when it has not. And then you try and shoot someone down for making the valid comparison between the out of control spending in Shels and that of a previous incarnation of Shamrock Rovers? Get a grip.

I`ve no problem with BTCWD ranting on about Bohs in an Old Testament manner. When the facts are available I would be confident that his predictions will be as accurate as you own erroneous claim that Liam Carroll was suing Bohs. I would have equally no problem with you holding forth on the rumours. I do have a difficulty though with you entering the ring as a combative contestant and also acting as referee.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast