• No

12 52.17%

Thread: 2010 FAI Licence for Tommy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

2010 FAI Licence for Tommy?

What do you think people? If Tommy actually did manage to unbelievably fulfil all the criteria and qualify for a licence, do you think the FAI will actually give Tommy a licence?

If they do then it wont be like this season. Half the team will be gone, youth structure wont be funded, loads of staff and volunteers already saying they wont be there, countless people saying they wont attend games. The FAI could have a very serious situation on their hands half way through the season, a la Dublin City
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Unexplained licence refusals would be a matter for the courts. They might apply some pressure if they wanted, but TNB seems a stubborn type. Frankly, I find it hard to believe he'll actually fulfil the criteria.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    Unexplained licence refusals would be a matter for the courts. They might apply some pressure if they wanted, but TNB seems a stubborn type. Frankly, I find it hard to believe he'll actually fulfil the criteria.
    It was made very clear that the license is a snapshot in time so if he sorts everything for that second he'l be grand.

If he's still in charge come February Ive no doubt theyl give him a license, and that'l be the end of me(and a lot of others) going to home games til he's gone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Said it a million times on the City forums, two words.

Tax Cert.

On top of that correct me if I'm wrong but don't you need to enter a new season devoid of any debt, or at least with a repayment scheme on the said monies owed agreed.

There are two minefields for Coughlan, Clueless and Tangerine to negotiate.

I also don't think they have the brain capacity to apply for a license. It has been said how complicated and red tape layered a license application is, these mugs can't pay wages, they can't pay shagging buses. Sure they can sign cheques but I mean, an application form doesn't bounce.

Game set and match.

This will go to the courts though I feel.

In failing that Coughlan will run, all scum do.
    j'accuse!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccfcman View Post
    Said it a million times on the City forums, two words.

Tax Cert.
    Tax cert is automatically generated,i if he pays what he owes before the dat(loan to do so maybe) he'l get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccfcman View Post
    On top of that correct me if I'm wrong but don't you need to enter a new season devoid of any debt, or at least with a repayment scheme on the said monies owed agreed.
    Repayment schmem will happen. Tommy will go to everyone owed money and say, sign this and youve some chance of getting money, dont sign it and il wind up the company and you'll get nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    Tax cert is automatically generated,i if he pays what he owes before the dat(loan to do so maybe) he'l get it.

Repayment schmem will happen. Tommy will go to everyone owed money and say, sign this and youve some chance of getting money, dont sign it and il wind up the company and you'll get nothing.
    And its completely out of the question for a group of city fans (not FORAS, C84, any known group) who would remain anonymous to approach a creditor and offer to repay their debt on the condition that they dont sign any agreement?

Not suggesting for a minute that that would actually happen, in fact i'd frown against upon.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,232 Posts
    The FAI don't give a rat's arse about the league. Tommy'll get a licence.

If he does get a licence, will FORAS still pursue an A Licence? Would they get Turner's Cross? Which side would the fans support?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    The FAI don't give a rat's arse about the league. Tommy'll get a licence.
    If they think that this wont come back to haunt them then they are mistaken. Giving Tommy a license is only going to ensure lots of Red Top Headlines. He will not last long with only 500 fans a game.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    If he does get a licence, will FORAS still pursue an A Licence? Would they get Turner's Cross? Which side would the fans support?
    FORAS are only applying for a license as a safeguard ... we still all support Cork City FC, just not TNB.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hopefully Not.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    The FAI could have a very serious situation on their hands half way through the season, a la Dublin City
    I could only see this happening to Sporting Fingal -surely 95-99% of their income is from their board (as they have no fans)? If the board run out of money there will no gate receipts to pay the wages (or certainly not the wages they must be paying for that squad!).

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    When's Alan Mathews' case before the courts?. Alan is a stubborn type and from what I hear he hates TNB, and I mean really hates him in a wishes physical harm on him sort of way, he won't be too easy to do a deal with if things go his way.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    When's Alan Mathews' case before the courts?. Alan is a stubborn type and from what I hear he hates TNB, and I mean really hates him in a wishes physical harm on him sort of way, he won't be too easy to do a deal with if things go his way.
    I kinda hope its true to be honest. I just think the quicker we get back on an even footing , the faster we'll get back to where we need to be.

That said TNB for another year could be a great recruiter for FORAS