Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: ltfc beat harps 3-0 in first preseason friendly

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts

ltfc beat harps 3-0 in first preseason friendly

Last Saturday night, two unususal sights happended. Firstly Eric Levine scored at home for the first time since the end of the 2002-2003 season. Secondly our new signing Dessie Baker scored from a freekick directly -the first time we have scored from a freekick since the Stewie Holt belter vs St Pats in 2002.

With around fifteen minutes to go, it was still nil all then Eric Levine runs onto a through ball, rounds the harps goalie and passes into an empty net. Pure shock on section O
    !

Then Dessie Baker scores an absolute belter of a freekick outside the box to make it 2-0, with a few mins left, a cross comes in from the left hand side and the baker boy drills iit in straight on the volley past the harps goalie to make it 3-0.This also brought backl memories of Erics goal of the season contender the season before last vs UCD.

Of the new signings, Paul Keegan played the first half and had some very impressive touches. John Martin worked hard in midfield and put in some good tackles. Dessie was lazy at first but got better as the game got on.

Team:
    O Brien
    Murphy
    Ferguson
    Paisley
    Dillon
    Keogh
    Kirby
    gartland
    francis
    keegan
    b byrne
    subs:
    mcgovern
    lavine
    baker
    perth
    adrian murphy
    dempsey

barrett was up in the stand and the partnership between francis and keegan looks promisingly. where does this leave barrett.

saw all the players in pvs friday nite, dessie looked like beckham with his woolen cap coverin g over his blond images. Hear that he has an awful fashion image as well, him and his white suits, reminds you of liverpool 96 cup final suits....
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    forgot to say as well sean prunty and john martin came as subs as well...silly me....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Re: ltfc beat harps 3-0 in first preseason friendly

Originally posted by MARTINHO II

saw all the players in pvs friday nite, dessie looked like beckham with his woolen cap coverin g over his blond images. Hear that he has an awful fashion image as well, him and his white suits, reminds you of liverpool 96 cup final suits....
    They were in town for the civic reception thrown by Longford County Council. his white suit was a mess on friday night he looked like brendan kilkenny without the imaginary guitar. Good night all the same, twas held in the Temperence Hall because thats where the club was set up!
    on the game, twas a great win. good performance and Lavine scored (will it last?)
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    what was the crowd like at the match, and on an aside, was the crest on the jerseys printed ????

great win but only a friendly, i would of thought barry would have started on the bench seeing as he is missing the start of the season.......
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Town played well, but whether that's the gulf between the 1st and premier I don't know. Should've hammered them by more tbh.

Hopefully hasbeen has a good pre-season and entices someone gullible enough to sign him (he will have a good 1st season if he does leave, just like he had with us).

Very impressed with Baker, he actually looked good, with his crosses excellent. Interesting to see the cup shagger in the middle - certainly added steel there... Wasn't overly impressed with Martin.

I think it's dead right to play Barry, to get his fitness levels up before the start of the season - easier to maintain when he's banned so that he can come back with ease.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    Originally posted by max power
    what was the crowd like at the match, and on an aside, was the crest on the jerseys printed ????

great win but only a friendly, i would of thought barry would have started on the bench seeing as he is missing the start of the season.......
    There was a good attendance at the friendly, maybe a few hundred people...we wore our old home jerseys