Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Keith Treacy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,333 Posts
    I think Syzygy battled the Hulk at one point?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    I think Syzygy battled the Hulk at one point?
    way over my head, that one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,333 Posts
    never mind, I was thinking of Zzzax: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zzzax
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Treacy's Premier League hopes aren't completely dead and buried. He's been offered a trial at Burnley to earn a new contract.

Strange....

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Maybe they're testing how much he wants it? Do you have a source on that? I can't find one.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I refuse to accept that it's a vowel of any type and I don't care what t'internet says.

That new chick that replaced Carol Vorderman: whoar.
    Y is not a vowel in my book although it does act as one at times, but techinically a e i o u are the 5 vowels.

Can anyone give a word with neither a 'y' or a vowel? Hmmmmm....tricky!!!!

Countdown has gone downhill since Richard Whitley departed IMO, it was a lot more fun then,
    it's a bit grim now and they should get a host with a bit more personality, this guy has the
    personality of an accountant. Other than her looks the new girl does not have a lot going for her.
    However I found Vorderman a bit much at times, too stroppy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Also sure Suarez should have a Q in it?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Just had a look for some info on Treacy trialling with Burnley and this is all I could find. In theory, it could be a stroke of genius and might make him realise his potential and the opportunity he could possibly have to play in the Premiership.

https://www.facebook.com/turfmoor/posts/777837975569236

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    From Official website
    Last night, following speculation and information on Twitter, Burnley Football Club rushed out a statement to confirm that four players, David Edgar, Brian Stock, Keith Treacy and Nick Liversedge would not be offered new deals.

It was all quite confusing but there are suggestions that Treacy might be back at Burnley next season after being offered the option of a trial in pre-season, but the club reported that all four will go

Treacy was a summer 2011 signing but it's hardly been three outstanding years. Often the off field speculation about him has dominated over his football and that's led to him never being a regular first team player.
    It was well documented that he didn't see eye to eye with Howe and he ended his first season on loan with Sheffield Wednesday. He was brought back into the squad under Dyche but has only occasionally shown his best form although it does look as though the manager thinks there is more to come to suggest the pre-season trial.
    For now though, Treacy's Burnley career is at an end. It's a three year career that has seen him make 66 league appearances (of which just 29 were starts) and a further 9 cup starts. He scored five goals for us including, and coincidentally his first was against Dyche's Watford and his last against Howe's Bournemouth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    579 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunners View Post
    From Official website
    Last night, following speculation and information on Twitter, Burnley Football Club rushed out a statement to confirm that four players, David Edgar, Brian Stock, Keith Treacy and Nick Liversedge would not be offered new deals.

It was all quite confusing but there are suggestions that Treacy might be back at Burnley next season after being offered the option of a trial in pre-season, but the club reported that all four will go

Treacy was a summer 2011 signing but it's hardly been three outstanding years. Often the off field speculation about him has dominated over his football and that's led to him never being a regular first team player.
    It was well documented that he didn't see eye to eye with Howe and he ended his first season on loan with Sheffield Wednesday. He was brought back into the squad under Dyche but has only occasionally shown his best form although it does look as though the manager thinks there is more to come to suggest the pre-season trial.
    For now though, Treacy's Burnley career is at an end. It's a three year career that has seen him make 66 league appearances (of which just 29 were starts) and a further 9 cup starts. He scored five goals for us including, and coincidentally his first was against Dyche's Watford and his last against Howe's Bournemouth.
    why would they offer him a trial when he's been playing for them all season? either they like him or they don't
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    They don't want to offer a new contract to someone whose head isn't right. On the other hand, he clearly has the talent and Dyche is fond of him so they don't want to lose him on a free and see him be a success somewhere else. They want to give him the summer to get in shape - physically and mentally - and if he shows the drive and motivation they might give him a new contract.

Of course a lot of people would see being offered a trial as a blow to their ego and would rather look elsewhere.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,102 Posts
    All that public gesturing about wanting to be offered a new contract is in the past. Now Treacy seems to have been afforded the chance to let his feet do the talking.

He'll be 26 in September. Time to grab this one with both hands. No excuses count.

By the by, that Facebook link is quite incredible. There seems to be a consensus among fans that his wife and kids left him and he has a serious problem with alcohol. So, on a personal level, I hope Treacy manages to pull this one off.
    Last edited by Olé Olé; 13/05/2014 at 5:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    All that public gesturing about wanting to be offered a new contract is in the past. Now Treacy seems to have been afforded the chance to let his feet do the talking.

He'll be 26 in September. Time to grab this one with both hands. No excuses count.

By the by, that Facebook link is quite incredible. There seems to be a consensus among fans that his wife and kids left him and he has a serious problem with alcohol. So, on a personal level, I hope Treacy manages to pull this one off.
    Lads like him are getting married and having children far too early. You still have a lot of growing up to do in your late teens and early twenties. I feel sorry for the guy having people putting him on blast in such a public forum.

He's a footballer doing a job. People shouldn't be prying into such delicate details. It's for him and Dyche to deal with.

Edit: I don't mean you Ole Ole.
    Last edited by TheOneWhoKnocks; 13/05/2014 at 6:17 PM.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I think it might be best not to repeat the talk about his private life on here, but certainly it's long been suspected he doesn't quite have it together off the pitch and it's stopped him reaching his potential. Happens with a lot of players who go to the UK as kids.

16. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Yes, good point Charlie. I only posted it in relation to the supposed offer of a trial, not to disparage him. I hope he finds his way, has all the potential to be a good player.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    570 Posts
    I always thought he had very good ability but for whatever reason has not done it consistently. Its a story that has been repeated for many players unfortunately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...acy/?ref=var_0

Lack of professionalism costs Treacy Premier League chance.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,102 Posts
    Someone hits the nail on the head in the comments. He was given 6 weeks to get in shape for a chance to fulfill one of the most common boyhood dreams the world over- to play in the Premier League.

On the assumption that the weight/bodyfat target he was set with was realistically attainable, then I guess he just doesn't want or deserve it. Or maybe he just doesn't want to be at Burnley, although failing to get in shape because he doesn't want to be at Burnley isn't the best idea for a pro footballer.

Seems like a sin to waste that talent...

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,712 Posts
    For what it's worth, I'm a competent enough middle distance and endurance athlete and am in pretty good shape. My age graded scores place me above regional standard but just short of national standard, although I admit I'm fond of wine and Indian takeaways and this prevents sightly better performance.

Despite having the same waist measurement now as I had when I was 20, my BMI is 24, just below obese (25). I'm definitely a couple of kg, probably 3kg over my ideal racing weight but if I was to lose 5kg I'd be skeletal, eating disorder stuff, and if was to lose 5kg my BMI would still be in the 20s. It's a notoriously useless indicator.

Looking at Treacy I would say a 13 BMI is impossible. I'm not saying he is big boned and we need to cut him slack as some have argued over Andy Reid and James Chambers but I'd be looking at other indicators for Treacy, such as aerobic capacity, beep test performance and stuff like that. Maybe Burnley have but the article just didn't say. The hidden subtext is that he's probably a boozer.
    Last edited by Stuttgart88; 05/07/2014 at 4:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Two things strike me about this body fat percentage is not a great indicator of football ability
    if it were Auschwitz would have produce some of the world greatest footballers.

Secondly I am not too sure how it is calculated or whether the method use if fair.
    Acually just had a look and it seems there are a number of ways of calculation
    such as passing an electric current though the body and seeing what the resistance is,
    They usually don't use a fatal does for athletes unless why are particularly crap.
    Then there is also skin pinch and ultra-sound.

But none of those measure football or even athletic ability hence to rely on it for
    player selection seems pretty insane, it gives absolutely no indication of ability
    to pass, cross, head or shoot or indeed of general football decision making.

It's not even a guaranteed indicator of fitness as you might get a good result
    for someone suffering from any number of diseases.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast