Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sligo Rovers V Shamrock Rovers Saturday 26th at 7.45pm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    We wont make the game? Can we play them in Limerick instead maybe, we might reach there.
    Your losing your touch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CF1989 View Post
    go back to sleep moderator, he means in the league. college taking its tole?
    I assume you mean toll?

I know he means the league, just don't think he should be ruling out getting anything from Cork...it's not out of the question like.
    Last edited by sligoman; 25/09/2009 at 10:43 PM.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    ...it's not out of the question like.
    What question? I missed the question.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    I assume you mean toll?
    Look how her MODERATES!

My Hero!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers1 View Post
    What question? I missed the question.
    Eh ya didn't...you even replied to it
    You do know we're playing Cork before we're playing Pat's? Or are you just ruling out getting anything down in TC?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Eh ya didn't...you even replied to it
    Wa-ter you on about?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers1 View Post
    I only mentioned Pats and Galway becuase we're not going to reach Cork. We can reach Pats and Galway. Don't think it'd be the end of the world if we got nothing in Cork.
    After watchin the pats v cork game last night i would be seriously disappointed if we got nothing from either game. Pats remind me of us at the start of the season, mot much in the way of ideas and not much desire or luck either. Cork are solid at the back but poor goin forward. They had one chance last night and they took, other then that, they were brutal. I would be happy with a point from tonight, as for the other two, bring them on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Would give anything for some sort of a result tonight. Love games like these. Big away support and should be a large home crowd too

Formerly: wild rover
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Aye, not often we have to face such a big away support, good few on the 11am train this morning, they must like their early starts!

Should be great in the Jinks anyway, bring it on.

Really dislike Shamrock and we've been embarrassed by them three times this season. Hope we put in a good showing tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory H View Post
    Aye, not often we have to face such a big away support, good few on the 11am train this morning, they must like their early starts!

Should be great in the Jinks anyway, bring it on.

Really dislike Shamrock and we've been embarrassed by them three times this season. Hope we put in a good showing tonight.
    Understandable really. Look at the starting line-up against them in Tolka. I remember Blinkhorn and Turner playing but we were missing others like Raff,Peers,O'Grady (I think) etc... but now we are stronger since the transfer market and this is the best possible squad we could play against them all season bar Doyle who is suspended, we need to get revenge and go out and fight for a very valuable 3 points.
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligofan4ever View Post
    Understandable really. Look at the starting line-up against them in Tolka. I remember Blinkhorn and Turner playing but we were missing others like Raff,Peers,O'Grady (I think) etc...
    The game in Tolka was actually our best performance against them this season imo, despite the starting 11.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The game in Tolka was actually our best performance against them this season imo, despite the starting 11.
    Was referring more the the squad, agreed it was better (a bit better anyways) than the previous 2 matches, we now have a squad good enough to earn a point and with Peers back players like Rice wont be let into our box so easily like in Tolka, they got 3 soft goals and our defence are stronger, but unlike Bohs this team will take any chance on front of goal they get, they have a better striking partnership than Bohs so I wouldnt be overly confident of a clean sheet but I can see us getting a 1-1 or 2-2 draw.
    Coleman for Ireland

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    well i hope that ref is proud of himself. i caint wait to see mns monday nite and see the penalty incident again. i dont think it was one, plus wanna see the corner decision. i thought it was one of our best performances of the season and should have scored four at least. but ya gotta take your chances in football and we should have been more clinical. marshall was hit and miss imo and gave the ball away a lot but he is young and tough team to make your debut against. raf took his goal well but should have buried the one on one. poor peers he will be kicking himself and my heart goes out to him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rovers100% View Post
    well i hope that ref is proud of himself. i caint wait to see mns monday nite and see the penalty incident again. i dont think it was one, plus wanna see the corner decision. i thought it was one of our best performances of the season and should have scored four at least. but ya gotta take your chances in football and we should have been more clinical. marshall was hit and miss imo and gave the ball away a lot but he is young and tough team to make your debut against. raf took his goal well but should have buried the one on one. poor peers he will be kicking himself and my heart goes out to him
    He gave us nothing and, typically, when he awards a corner that never was they score the winner.
    We deserved a point out of that. Fair point about our finishing though. We had chances in the first half and should have put them away. They only actually created one good chance in the whole game. Ref gave them the rest.
    Sickened now but we can still get out of the mess we're in if we keep performing the way we did tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    I get the feeling Cook isn't too well liked among the refereeing fraternity. Would explain a lot. He's constantly in the face of the fourth officials and maybe they are sick of it.
    Call me paranoid but that's the way it looks to me...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    your prob right dong but the refs and officials are meant to be unbiased and professional. how can ya call yourself a professional referee if you hold a grudge and give decisions based on that. but that would only happen in a perfect world, the truth is the refs are like little children.....actually more like little bitches

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Thought we played above and beyond in the first half,great performance especially from keane and Peers, we had great balance and poise and definately had Shams against the ropes,but i thought the pen was very soft and knocked us for six from which we never really recovered,but the ego of the referee was collosial,he was attrocious and definately favoured Shams,he spoilt a very combative and flowing game,we dont deserve to be where we are,but now its turned into a Dogfight and a scrap for every point,if we could only turn the cup form into the league form we will be ok,survival is paramount!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    Either you're joking, or want me to list off the injustices we've suffered against Sligo in recent years. I don't know which.

i hope mypost comes on and says something bout that game cos the ref and the ref only beat sligo tonight. shams were p1ss poor !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    One positive from tonight is we were beaten by an expectedly shocking referee in McKeon and a bit of bad luck.

Hope Bohs win this league, Shamrock are **** poor.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Well Red View Post
    One of the most important people on the pitch on Saturday will be the referee and in my opinion the refs lean towards Shams and Sligo have been on the receiving side a few times in recent matches with Shams. If baldy Winter turns up I will leave the Showgrounds as he is the pits and seems to have it in for our manager.
    I could see this coming down the tracks and to be honest I am sick of the officials and what they are doing in the league. It cost me a lot of money and time to get to Sligo tonight and I have to consider do I want to put myself through anymore of the rubbish these officials are coming up with and I am seriously thinking of packing in going to matches. Your heart would go out to the Sligo team tonight, they played very well, yes they missed some chances and would have beaten Shams tonight if it was not for the stupid ...t in the middle. Watching Shams tonight I think Bohs will walk it as they are way ahead of Shams. I really do not know what can be done but the referee tonight should be dropped to a lower league due to amount of bad decisions he came up with. These 3 lost points could be critical for us and we are now in a dog fight. We could win the cup and go down like some years ago.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast