Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Development of The Carlisle.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Development of The Carlisle.....

An article on the front of the bray people today says the club are looking to develop the ground and build shops and a large supermarket in it????

Can anyone on here shed any light on the matter????

it would be great for the club to upgrade the grounds, it badly needs it......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Green&whitearmy View Post
    An article on the front of the bray people today says the club are looking to develop the ground and build shops and a large supermarket in it????

Can anyone on here shed any light on the matter????

it would be great for the club to upgrade the grounds, it badly needs it......
    It depends what they mean by "develop". It often means "build on", which would mean Wanderers would have to relocate to somewhere else.

The DART is one of the biggest things we have going for us right now, and is an aspect of the club I'd like to see marketed more. We're the local club along the DART line as far in as about Blackrock, and it's something we haven't exploited enough. The only half-decent alternative would be if it was somewhere along the new Luas line, to the north of the town.

On the other hand, if it means building shops and things down the Dargle end of the ground, getting in a bit of revenue, and getting people into the ground, even if it's not for football, that can only be good for the club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Looks like pie-in-the-sky stuff to me. Hannigan was there when the proposals for development of the Dart side of the ground were being drawn up and look what came of that. This looks like a relocation proposal and I for one would be completely against that...
    All you zombies tweet tweet tweet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    It's nothing of the sort from what I hear, infact it would consolidate our position down there. The pitch would be moved from where it is now about 20 yards further from Bray bowl towards Dublin. Shops would be built where the hill and current 6 yard box are now with bray receiving some/all of the rent from the units. New facilities would be built by the people who want to rent the units at the ground and Bray wouldnt have to pay a penny. Does sound too good to be true and yes the plans before never came about but from what I know a huge international company wants this space to set up in bray and are willing to pay all costs.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Another nice article this week on teh proposed stadium development in the Wicklow Times, nice graphic of what it would like as well.
    Last edited by BrayUnknowns; 22/09/2009 at 3:33 PM.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    That was last weeks Bray People. There is a longer article with proposed design in this weeks Wicklow Times, no online link as of yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    I couldnt see any proposals or applications on the wicklow cc planning site so presume this is pie in the sky for the moment.
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by centre mid View Post
    I couldnt see any proposals or applications on the wicklow cc planning site so presume this is pie in the sky for the moment.
    Saw the article myself, looked great, lovely design, layout etc... By the looks of it the pitch is going to be at an angle to what it currently is and i think it said the application was being logged next week ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo69 View Post
    Saw the article myself, looked great, lovely design, layout etc... By the looks of it the pitch is going to be at an angle to what it currently is and i think it said the application was being logged next week ?
    Its in the North Wicklow Times this week, yeah looks like the Aluminium stand will be turned at an angle and the Dart side stand will have to be rebuilt ? looks like the pitch is turned at an angle with the notthwest corner staying where it is (if that makes sense).

Cant see planning being a problem as several redevelopments have been approved on the site before. The whole end of the town could do with a face lift tbh.

Just hope there is an appetite for this development and that an improvement in facilites will bring people in the gate, maybe the model of tallaght stadium will be a way forward.

Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    This is a great show of ambition by the club, and could really put us on the map. Shams have shown other clubs the way, and I hope Bray can follow their example.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    it says in the paper it will bring the capacity up to 3500, i think this is a bit low, what do other people think about the capacity?

It looks very good though and if it gets the go ahead it will be very good for the club...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    509 Posts
    well do ye need a biger place??

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Are you people serious? It looks woeful. The club have pretty much a blank canvass and this little joke of a place is all they can come up with? From what i can see, that circus tent with it's million obstructing poles is the only roof in the whole place. The Dart-side now looks to have an uncovered stand - again! Are they finally going to put the dug-outs below the viewing line of the first few rows?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by footballplease View Post
    Are you people serious? It looks woeful. The club have pretty much a blank canvass and this little joke of a place is all they can come up with? From what i can see, that circus tent with it's million obstructing poles is the only roof in the whole place. The Dart-side now looks to have an uncovered stand - again! Are they finally going to put the dug-outs below the viewing line of the first few rows?

There is a much better picture on the home page of the clubs website now. Looks like there is only one covered stand but it will be a brand new stand built with changing rooms, press area, tv gantry in it. The rest of it look uncovered which is very disappointing if im being honest. but it still looks very impressive to what we have a present.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    well do ye need a biger place??
    I think it more to do with the benfit the club can get from the development.

Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Looking at the picture on the website, looks like the capacity will be seriously reduced. Does anyone know how many people the stand is meant to hold? There looks like there is no room for improvement down the line either. Mind you anything that benefits the club...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Whats the capacity going to be?? By the looks of that picture it looks like hit will hold no more that 2000

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Strummer View Post

Whats the capacity going to be?? By the looks of that picture it looks like hit will hold no more that 2000
    Capacity going to be 3500 when revamped, at present it holds 4500 safely as far as i know, which even when we played Leeds didn't reach that much. 3,500 is more than enough for our needs i think. Our biggest League gate in recent years was against Shamrock Rovers on good Friday about 3 years ago, the place was jammers and there was only 3,000 at it.

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    [QUOTE=Green&whitearmy;1237473]it says in the paper it will bring the capacity up to 3500, i think this is a bit low, what do other people think about the capacity?

Being honest the club will not fill 3500 for games bar the odd one or two so no point in having any more than 3500 imo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast