Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Supporting the team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Real Rover View Post
    With performances like the last night, thats exactly where we are going and as we are paying their wages we are fully entitled to do so.
    And how exactly will that help? The answer is it won't. It's an idiotic attitude like this from fans that will see us going down for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong2008 View Post
    And how exactly will that help? The answer is it won't. It's an idiotic attitude like this from fans that will see us going down for sure.
    Agreed 100% Dong, a negative atmosphere leads to a negative performance.
    Coleman for Ireland

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Talking

oh i dont doubt he is a nice man belive me i love listening to him i think its hilarious but he other day against keohane he was talking outta his arse but not just him im on about there are a few fans like him and they only shout when abusing. im just highlighting some rant for the buzz of it but im not against giving a players a peice of your mind when deserved. we cant wrap footballers in cotton woll they are big boys and they will know themselves if the abuse is deserved. ya get giving out at work if ya not doing stuff right. i think fans forget a footballers job is to perform when out on that grass field !!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    With performances like the last night, thats exactly where we are going and as we are paying their wages we are fully entitled to do so.
    The team came back from Europe shattered as did most of the supporters that were there! and you think its ok to abuse the team. If you think that attitude is going to keep us in the top division then you are way off the mark. Thankfully most of the guys who turn up at matches home and away are fully behind the team. We have a lot of matches Cup etc coming up so lets give it a lash and forget the negative stuff, that is not to say we cannot comment here on individual players but not at matches.
    Come on the BOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Well Red View Post
    The team came back from Europe shattered as did most of the supporters that were there! and you think its ok to abuse the team. If you think that attitude is going to keep us in the top division then you are way off the mark. Thankfully most of the guys who turn up at matches home and away are fully behind the team. We have a lot of matches Cup etc coming up so lets give it a lash and forget the negative stuff, that is not to say we cannot comment here on individual players but not at matches.
    Come on the BOR
    Agreed...dont see the point in going to matches and abusing the lads!!...thats why we are called SUPPORTERS....personally when times are tough and results are bad it makes me even more determined to back the team..hope most of ye do the same..roll on Friday

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Come on the BOR
    So you are saying its OK to criticise the players on here 7 days a week but not pass comment at the Showgies.

You gotta remember the lads can read the comments here all week - neither action can be claimed to support the team as both actions are focused on criticising the players.

Over the last two week Holmes, Ryan, Morrison, Cash, Doherty, Ventre and Keohane have all been heavily criticised in writing on this forum (others to a lesser extent).

There is no way anyone can claim that would not affect the players if they are regular visitors to the site and readers of the posts.

There are plenty of knockers of the team, club and league in the town and country - there is no need for Rovers supporters to join that crew.

We are all part of the Rovers family - now lets support our brothers when they most need us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guts&Glory View Post
    So you are saying its OK to criticise the players on here 7 days a week but not pass comment at the Showgies.

You gotta remember the lads can read the comments here all week - neither action can be claimed to support the team as both actions are focused on criticising the players.

Over the last two week Holmes, Ryan, Morrison, Cash, Doherty, Ventre and Keohane have all been heavily criticised in writing on this forum (others to a lesser extent).

There is no way anyone can claim that would not affect the players if they are regular visitors to the site and readers of the posts.

There are plenty of knockers of the team, club and league in the town and country - there is no need for Rovers supporters to join that crew.

We are all part of the Rovers family - now lets support our brothers when they most need us.

agreed...now is a time yo back the lads..starting in Tallaght on Friday......on the other point..do people really think the players would bother reading this site??..i cant see it..maybe im wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrickFan View Post
    agreed...now is a time yo back the lads..starting in Tallaght on Friday......on the other point..do people really think the players would bother reading this site??..i cant see it..maybe im wrong.
    I'd say you're right. In any case they have a choice whether to read this or not. They don't, on the other hand, have any choice but to listen to the guy screaming abuse at them from twenty yards away.
    I'm not saying that fans shouldn't vent their frustrations from time to time during games. It's the constant picking away throughout that isn't on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Harranging and booing of your own team only means shattering whatever confidence the team may have left - get behind the team or SHUT UP!!!! (if you are a real fan).....yes technically you have paid your money and it is your right to shout whatever you want but if you want to see and improvement then being negative will achieve the opposite!!!!

C'mon da BITORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    I think the clue is in the word supporter , You're there to support the team and help them in their efforts to win the game , On here I think it's ok to criticize (within reason).They are professional footballers and I think it's fair to say there isn't a pro footballer across the world who hasn't faced critisism from his own fans at some stage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligofan4ever View Post
    I was sitting beside the same person or someone else who used Danny as a scapegoat. The match against Drogheda wasnt his greatest day in a Rovers jersey, but he made up for it against Cork as one of the better performing players and all his other performances this season. Agree with what Rovers fan said considering his age, hes only what 19/20 ? Anyone whoa ctually has some common sense and a bit of knowledge of football would know Keohane is a hot prospect with a great future ahead of him, booing someone whos only 20 really is just pathetic, who's to say he wont be a key player for us in the near future ?
    I think this person is probably an exception , I think most Rovers fans would give young players a little more leeway and try to encourage them as much as possible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rovers100% View Post
    i agree to a certain extent as we cant say nothing when people not performing, they have to be let known its not good enough but then ya have the ones who do nothing more than shout abuse. i usually sit in the red stand and there is an old fella who sits near us who only shouts abuse never cheers on. now there are days is funny but times it does not help. he has a younger sidekick and last week keohane was there scapegoat. i for one thought he done well at lest he tried to beat a man and get a cross in. that does no help but for players to not even put in the effort i think we as paying fans are well entitled too !! its getting the balance right lol
    I think we should double glaze a section of the red stand and stick all the moaners in there we have to bring the young players through this year and they need encouragement to give them a bit of confidence.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    we have to bring the young players through this year and they need encouragement to give them a bit of confidence.

what young players we dont have too many of them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong2008 View Post
    Ridiculous.
    Sometimes telling your players to pull their finger out is exactly what they need after a performace like that the last night.
    Cheering your team on after that total lack of effort by so many players breaths the acceptance of mediocrity and is the perfect comfort zone for a team that is sinking like a rock to relegation.
    Some fans would want to take their head out of their arse and realise that cheering on a team that has the likes of Cash and Ryan and Holmes who are totally under performing is counter productive as you are supporting performances that will get us relegated.
    I remember actually talking to Paul Cookes brother in Albania about this and he was even saying that Paul doesnt want fans cheering off the team after playing 90 minutes of utter crap, so make of that what you will.
    Theres a time for the carrot and theres a time for the stick and that Cork game was most definetly not a time for the carrot.
    Some fans here will still be cheering on mediocrity and total lack of commitment when we are relegated and still be stating that "we are too good to go down".
    I will support and sing on effort and commitment, its why I admire players like Raf and Ventre (who gets far too much stick on this forum), but theres not a snowballs chance in hell ill sing on that **** poor performance last night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The team came back from Europe shattered as did most of the supporters that were there!
    Yes I was there myself dear.
    and you think its ok to abuse the team.
    You do realise we havent won a league game in a month and a half?
    If you think that attitude is going to keep us in the top division then you are way off the mark.
    As is your opinion, mine differs.
    Thankfully most of the guys who turn up at matches home and away are fully behind the team.
    If you want to cheer on that muck its your perogative, but not mine.
    To ask for commitment and drive isnt too much to ask for, thats all I want.
    We have a lot of matches Cup etc coming up so lets give it a lash and forget the negative stuff,
    Forget the fact we are second from bottom by just 3 points?
    that is not to say we cannot comment here on individual players but not at matches.
    Well thats just hypocricy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dublinred View Post
    I think we should double glaze a section of the red stand and stick all the moaners in there we have to bring the young players through this year and they need encouragement to give them a bit of confidence.

Perfect

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Ridiculous.
    Sometimes telling your players to pull their finger out is exactly what they need after a performace like that the last night.
    Cheering your team on after that total lack of effort by so many players breaths the acceptance of mediocrity and is the perfect comfort zone for a team that is sinking like a rock to relegation.
    Some fans would want to take their head out of their arse and realise that cheering on a team that has the likes of Cash and Ryan and Holmes who are totally under performing is counter productive as you are supporting performances that will get us relegated.
    I remember actually talking to Paul Cookes brother in Albania about this and he was even saying that Paul doesnt want fans cheering off the team after playing 90 minutes of utter crap, so make of that what you will.
    Theres a time for the carrot and theres a time for the stick and that Cork game was most definetly not a time for the carrot.
    Some fans here will still be cheering on mediocrity and total lack of commitment when we are relegated and still be stating that "we are too good to go down".
    I will support and sing on effort and commitment, its why I admire players like Raf and Ventre (who gets far too much stick on this forum), but theres not a snowballs chance in hell ill sing on that **** poor performance last night.

i take alot of your points RealRover..thats the good thing about this site..reading other peoples point of view can open your mind...personally as i've said before i'll stick to supporting the lads but understand your point of view...its funny to how people who watch the same matches have different views on players!!..like you i agree that Raf and i'd add Keane and Bocu show great commitment and effort i also agree the likes of Cash and Doherty dont seem to do the same but i actually think Ryan is a tidy footballer and while he hasnt been UNREAL or anything i quite like him..also think alot of the praise Ventre gets is a bit misguided,continous stupid red cards should'nt be confused with "effort and commitment"...he's not much use to us in Tallaght(or whatever match he misses) in the stands..we were 3 down when he got sent off..what was the point??..if you look back at any of my previous posts i dont criticise players but i think that has to be said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ridiculous.
    I agree with you 100%! Great post!
    Up the Rowvers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    The team had just played 90 minutes in a climate they were'nt used to at all, on a heavy pitch, where, even lifting your legs to run tires you out, mentally it takes alot of you too. Even ourselves in the stands were wrecked after ten minutes of singing. Imagine what it was like for them! And they did, apart from one or two, give everything in that game. They go back to Sligo Sat morning at 2am or so, then had one day of rest before playing Cork, who hadnt palyed since the Tuesday.

On the other hand, most of them are professional footballers and are paid to deal with these pressures, plus Cork afaik travelled to Sligo Sunday morning, so they wouldnt have been too fresh themselves.

End of the day, we should have been better, but whats done is done. Lets get a decent crowd up at Tallaght and get behind them. The Cork game was three days ago. Forget about it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    Even ourselves in the stands were wrecked after ten minutes of singing. Imagine what it was like for them!

I can well imagine - I have heard you singing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast