Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: The 3 O's set to leave

davybarry boy

the 3 os set to leave

i heard today in a bookies in town that o grady o halloran and c p obrien are leaving city at the end of season. your man was saying c p o brien is going to waterford to college and he signing wit them. o grady is going to derry and o halloran is packing in for a year. just heard it in cashmans in maylor street.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    don't think anyone would be surprised about O'Grady or C P O'Brien. They haven't got much of a look in this year. As for Greg, wasn't there some talk like that before? Is his life at the end of the day.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    just heard it in cashmans in maylor street.
    MUST be true so.

thecorner
    great news about greg

mite get our midfield siuation sorted out now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I think Greg has played well recently, I wouldn't like to see him go, he's versatile, works hard and does play well more often than not.
    Wouldn't be surprised to see the other two boys go to be honest.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That's gonna leave a mega hole in our midfield, we need more strength in depth badly.
    I'm gonna take a blow torch to everyone who writes "any info on......." on the desks in the ucc library.

Who's with me

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Conor was a regular until he was injured and colin p hasn't had a look in but it would be bad to see them go and it would be a pity about greg and it has already happened waterford this year with gary o neill i think??

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: the 3 os set to leave

Originally posted by davybarry boy
    i heard today in a bookies in town that o grady o halloran and c p obrien are leaving city at the end of season. your man was saying c p o brien is going to waterford to college and he signing wit them. o grady is going to derry and o halloran is packing in for a year. just heard it in cashmans in maylor street.
    i doubt there's any truth in it. there was a rumour already about greg packing it in for a year, but that turned out to be bull. Last I heard he was going on holidays for a while at the end of the season and thats where the story came from. Dunno bout the other two, haven't heard anything either way. I'd hate to see Grady go, he's looked really good when he's been fit this season.

fonzi
    wether you like those players or not, that will leave a sizeable hole in the midfield.
    hopefully that will be a good reason for Dolan to bring in some quality in the centre where i believe weve been lacking in years.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Greg...

While i think Greg has done well this season in the centre i really do think we need a better player than him in there to win this league.What we need is a big guy with Gregs heart and also someone alongside him to see a pass(playmaker).I dont think Conor or Greg give us this.They are both decent players but with ambitions to win the league next year i think we need new players in there soon.Also i would like to see City bring in another out and out striker so we dont have to keep shifting Doyler from the right up front everytime either Flynny of Georgie are missing.Neale Fenn from Waterford would be ideal.Maybe im wrong and Eanna's right about Conor though.He could have a good season next year if fully fit.You just never know in this game ...

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: Greg...

Originally posted by RedX
    While i think Greg has done well this season in the centre i really do think we need a better player than him in there to win this league.What we need is a big guy with Gregs heart and also someone alongside him to see a pass(playmaker).
    I reckon Greg would do a good job if there was a playmaker alongside of him. He's very good at doing the dirty work, if there was someone alongside he could just win the ball and let them get on with it- i reckon we'd have a great midfield.

thecorner

Re: Re: Greg...

Originally posted by Éanna
    I reckon Greg would do a good job if there was a playmaker alongside of him. He's very good at doing the dirty work, if there was someone alongside he could just win the ball and let them get on with it- i reckon we'd have a great midfield.
    playmaker=georgie
    very easy to see that

doyler up front then with flynny

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: Re: Re: Greg...

Originally posted by thecorner
    playmaker=georgie
    very easy to see that
    yeah, seems like the obvious solution alright. Just wonder whether it would be a good dida to break up flynny and georgie though- they work so well together that putting another striker in there might not help.

thecorner

Re: Re: Re: Re: Greg...

Originally posted by Éanna
    yeah, seems like the obvious solution alright. Just wonder whether it would be a good dida to break up flynny and georgie though- they work so well together that putting another striker in there might not help.
    havent they broken up the last 8 games

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Georgie and playmakers..

I dont agree with slipping Georgie into the centre of midfield just because he is good on the ball and seems like a sort of playmaker.I am sure he would do well there but he is a lot better with Flynny up front.All good sides have an out and out goalscorer up front(Flynny)and a player that would set him up but not score as many next to him(Georgie).There partnership is perfect.With Doyler i just dont think he is a good replacement for Georgie there ith Flynny.He likes to run at players like Flynny also so 2 similar players probably would not compliment each other very well.Maybe overall what we need is just a very good playmaker in the centre with Greg and then Georgie and Flynny up front...hmmm the thought of it.Surely the league next year...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hate to bring this back again, BUT i heard today from a very relaible source who is very well informed that Greg is indeed on his way. He didnt specify as to where, or what.

Interesting how this one, like the Molloy rumour are refusing to go away.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmmmm...

Was just looking back over this old thread and obviously Pat Dolan listened to what i said about signing Fenn from Waterford..

Back to the Greg issue..like mentioned above City have yet to open talks about a contract with him.This could be a sign but then it might be nothing.Thought he did well last season but also think we could get a lot better players in that position if we are to challenge for the league and i am afraid Pat Dolan knows this.Sorry Greg...

About signing new players i would not worry to much at all.I can see City unveiling two or maybe three players very soon and everyone will be thrilled.City know where they are going and with Brian Lennox and Pat Dolan there i have no doubt no stone will be left unturned.So dont worry if we lose Greg or Conor because better players will replace them lads.I guarantee that...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Trust in Pat i'd say. I have a feeling there will be some big news soon. I hope so anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    end of season i taught o grady was gone?
    j'accuse!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

O'Grady...

Connor signed for Derry City last week....