Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shamrock Rovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Shamrock Rovers

Delighted with this draw. I was hoping for Bohs or Shamrock at home. Hopefully a good game like last years quarter final against Pats. Cant wait

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    S Fingal V S Rovers
    Sat. 12th sept
    Morton stad. @ 7.30pm
    (live on TG4)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    I hope they get tg4 in spain as im away on the 11th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BillytheFin View Post
    S Fingal V S Rovers
    Sat. 12th sept
    Morton stad. @ 7.30pm
    (live on TG4)
    First time our match will be shown in full on TV. We are really coming up in the world

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    With it being on tg4 i wont know if they are praising us or slagging us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Just one question on this. Why are tickets not available at the gate on the day? According to your website you have to buy them in advance. http://www.sportingfingal.ie/
    Im just wondering because unless youre expecting a sell out would it not be bad business to turn away fans on the day for not having tickets. A good few fans who go to loi games wont check the club websites before going along to matches and miss this notice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GalwayRed View Post
    Just one question on this. Why are tickets not available at the gate on the day? According to your website you have to buy them in advance. http://www.sportingfingal.ie/
    Im just wondering because unless youre expecting a sell out would it not be bad business to turn away fans on the day for not having tickets. A good few fans who go to loi games wont check the club websites before going along to matches and miss this notice.
    I think we are expecting a full house. As far as I know we are only allowed 3,000 into the stadium (something to do with stewarding and H&S) From what iv heard from some shamrock fans they will sell the 1,500 allocated to them and we will hopefully come close to that or at least the club hope so. Id say we might hit the 1,000 mark myself (hopefully). They may still let people in if the tickets are not all sold from our end. It would be bad business not to, like you said.
    Last edited by Lamper.sffc; 11/09/2009 at 10:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamper.sffc View Post
    I think we are expecting a full house. As far as I know we are only allowed 3,000 into the stadium (something to do with stewarding and H&S) From what iv heard from some shamrock fans they will sell the 1,500 allocated to them and we will hopefully come close to that or at least the club hope so. Id say we might hit the 1,000 mark myself (hopefully). They may still let people in if the tickets are not all sold from our end. It would be bad business not to, like you said.
    Fair enough i think i overestimated how much the ground holds. Was just asking because im thinking of heading along myself seeing as Shels arent playing. Ill try head along to the pavillions and get one tomorow so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Fair enough i think i overestimated how much the ground holds. Was just asking because im thinking of heading along myself seeing as Shels arent playing. Ill try head along to the pavillions and get one tomorow so.
    As far as i know the stadium hold 10,000 aprox. We dont let anybody behind the goals at either end and only let a max of 1,500 in the away stand. The seated area holds 800 and another 300 aprox can stand down to the left. I heard this from a steward last year when we played pats so im assuming its the same this year.

Your very welcome tomorrow. Lets hope its a good game for ye and it was worth the money. If you are heading to the pavillions to get your ticket, the kiosk is at the main entrance from what iv heard.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Good luck tomorrow, fellas. I think we'll all be Fingallians for an evening.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    As far as i know the stadium hold 10,000 aprox. We dont let anybody behind the goals at either end and only let a max of 1,500 in the away stand. The seated area holds 800 and another 300 aprox can stand down to the left. I heard this from a steward last year when we played pats so im assuming its the same this year.

Your very welcome tomorrow. Lets hope its a good game for ye and it was worth the money. If you are heading to the pavillions to get your ticket, the kiosk is at the main entrance from what iv heard.
    Cheers. I have my ticket now anyway so heres hoping for a good match. It will be nice to be at a match where I dont have to spend the whole night worrying about the result.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Good luck tomorrow, fellas. I think we'll all be Fingallians for an evening.
    Why is that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Cheers. I have my ticket now anyway so heres hoping for a good match. It will be nice to be at a match where I dont have to spend the whole night worrying about the result.
    I think you got your moneys worth.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    You were representing all of humanity tonight, and you did us proud. Now finish the job.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    You were representing all of humanity tonight, and you did us proud. Now finish the job.
    We will give it a go

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I think you got your moneys worth.
    I did indeed. First half wasnt great. I thought Fingal seemed happy to sit off Rovers and didnt look that threatening going forward. Rovers were good and the 2 goals were well worked. At that stage I thought the goals would only keep coming for Rovers.
    The 2nd half was a completley different story. Whatever Buckley said at half time it worked. Some of the football Fingal played had me worried but it was great to watch. Rovers took their foot off the pedal and let Fingal come onto them. The result was Fingal had enough chances to win it. The first goal back was superb. Very well worked and it kind of reminded me of the goal you got against us at Morton.
    Overall draw was a fair result and it was very entertaining match. An extra fixture for Fingal dosent hurt us at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    I did indeed. First half wasnt great. I thought Fingal seemed happy to sit off Rovers and didnt look that threatening going forward. Rovers were good and the 2 goals were well worked. At that stage I thought the goals would only keep coming for Rovers.
    The 2nd half was a completley different story. Whatever Buckley said at half time it worked. Some of the football Fingal played had me worried but it was great to watch. Rovers took their foot off the pedal and let Fingal come onto them. The result was Fingal had enough chances to win it. The first goal back was superb. Very well worked and it kind of reminded me of the goal you got against us at Morton.
    Overall draw was a fair result and it was very entertaining match. An extra fixture for Fingal dosent hurt us at all.
    Yeah I know. Its the only downside to still being in the cup. Anyway im hoping it doesnt effect us and gives us more confidence for the league. The second half showed to me that these lads are gelling as a team (finally) and are starting to fight for each other.

Im now heading up to watch the game again on tg4, Copied it last night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    One of these days Rovers will be 1-0 or 2-0 up and lose 3-2, so grateful to have another go on Tuesday at 2-2 with 30 minutes left. Though I don't think outside the 10 minutes around the two goals, we had too many problems - when it went 2-2, I thought we came back into it well enough.

And Sheridan, your signature is premature, sorry..
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfx- View Post
    One of these days Rovers will be 1-0 or 2-0 up and lose 3-2, so grateful to have another go on Tuesday at 2-2 with 30 minutes left. Though I don't think outside the 10 minutes around the two goals, we had too many problems - when it went 2-2, I thought we came back into it well enough.

And Sheridan, your signature is premature, sorry..
    Not really, we where bombing down the right side and could and maybe should have made it 3-2. You s where up against it when we got the equaliser and it stayed that way for much of the half. Yous did start to come back into it for the last 10 mins(which includes the 5 added) and could of had a goal yourselves mainly down to the fumbling of our keeper, who also, it must be said made some great stops in that period of pressure.
    In saying all that, I do think a draw was a fair result overall.

And after watching it again on tg4 there where two outrageous decisions where a linesman flagged Robbie Doyle offside and then the other linesman tried to top that when he flagged one of your lads offside when he was miles on. Crazy stuff. You would wonder some times are these lads watching the same games as we are.
    Last edited by Lamper.sffc; 14/09/2009 at 11:09 AM.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    I only saw the second half, but for almost all of what I saw, Fingal were the more composed side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast