Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thursday Night is "Jersey Night 2009"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    No, I said the club did nothing on MONDAY and TUESDAY down aorund the Docks to promote the game, not that they did nothing at all. That is where you were wrong.
    No point in doing it Monday & Tuesday because the majority of the crowd were in for the night and not staying around all week.There was a conscious decision to do it tomorrow because any tourists that were in Town would be looking for something to do that night.Im sure you have been out helping Ronan and the other Volunteers putting up signs today
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoshield View Post
    See you in Eyre Square at 1.00pm tomorrow so?
    Yes, if I can make it in, you will see me there.All I asked is what was being done, and expressed disappointment that nothing was done Monday and Tuesday. Then it turned into a witch hunt
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    A few weeks ago what Woodquay boy said would have been greeted with applause by many. The simple fact is that his timing has been a little wrong because since the last fans forum there has been another swell of volunteer support. People who have previously been prone to questioning the board (as WB has done) now take such comments as being somehow personal. Bottom line is that whether you pay your entry fee to a game or work all week in a volunteer capacity you are still supporting the club. No one has any right to question what another volunteer is doing or not doing but I believe we all have a right to question what the board are doing or not doing.

Now cut the swipin and let's get down to the buisness of doing what we can to support the club.
    If YOU are not part of the solution,
    YOU ARE part of the problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    well said terry-lander
    more water!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry-Lander View Post
    A few weeks ago what Woodquay boy said would have been greeted with applause by many. The simple fact is that his timing has been a little wrong because since the last fans forum there has been another swell of volunteer support. People who have previously been prone to questioning the board (as WB has done) now take such comments as being somehow personal. Bottom line is that whether you pay your entry fee to a game or work all week in a volunteer capacity you are still supporting the club. No one has any right to question what another volunteer is doing or not doing but I believe we all have a right to question what the board are doing or not doing.

Now cut the swipin and let's get down to the buisness of doing what we can to support the club.
    IF you are referring to me
    1. Nowhere did I question what any other person does or doesn't do for GUFC. I do what I can, it's not alot but it may help to keep the club afloat a little longer. I don't want or expect praise or thanks from anybody. I don't think I am any more or less of a supporter than anyone else.

2. Somebody asked
    What, pary tell, is the club doing to promote the game?
    I gave them a list of what the club were doing

3. THis person stated
    I'm off this week
    So I suggested if they had time on their hands they may like to volunteer to help out with the various events.
    This person chose to respond by making derogatory, sarcastic comments about the board,myself & others

4. I question the board evert time I think I have a valid query. If anybody wishes to question them why don't they go to any of the numerous Q&A sessions arranged with Nick Leeson and ask him there. Some it seems prefer to continually snipe away at everything on internet forums.

It amuses me to hear people say "the club don't do this" or " the club should do that" WHO exactly do these people think "the club" is?? I would love to hear their response. As I stated earlier, and I am open to correction on this,I believe the club at present is a one man band with a part-time secretary. If that doesn't change rapidly, we may very well see the season out, in the highest position we have finished in years, but it could very well be our last in LOI. It can't carry on as it is at present.
    Last Comment on the subject. Good Luck to ye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    [quote=Demoshield;1168490]IF you are referring to me

I wasn't referring to you or anyone else.

I applaud the work Nick does but the work of most of the rest of the board is questionable in my opinion.

Who or what is the club? Great question. As I've said before we have a team but a club?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    The rest of the Board have covered our debts for the last 4 years so I think that answers that question. The biggest problem is the total void between Nick and the volunteers/supporters in the club.There is no proper link or accountability and transparency in the running of the club.
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct View Post
    The rest of the Board have covered our debts for the last 4 years so I think that answers that question. The biggest problem is the total void between Nick and the volunteers/supporters in the club.There is no proper link or accountability and transparency in the running of the club.
    Not the impression at the last forum but I'm certainly not going to quote or paraphrase Nick on a public forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12