Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Golf Betting Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Golf Betting Thread

I meant to post this last night but got caught up in some other stuff so here goes.

I started betting on golf regularly this season and have noticed the value there if you bet outside of the Top 10 especially if you are hedging on Betfair so I will start putting up what I belive to be value bets in the competitions every week and see how I get on as a tipster
    All bets will be to minimum stake on Betfair which is €4 and I will not bet on a golfer under 30/1

3 Irish Open
    Going to bet on three players in this
    Jose Manuel Lara
    Jose seems to be a consistent performer this year with a top 10 finish in his home tournament the Spanish Open and he has made the cut in the remainder of events he has entered. Originally priced at 200/1 he is still available at 75/1 even though he is just one of the lead
    Thongchai Jaidee
    jaidee has finished first in two of his last three tournaments so he knows what it is like to win which can count for a lot when it comes to closing out tournaments. He was available at 75/1 at present having opened at 85/1.
    Robert Dinwiddie
    Has showed he has the ability to shoot low, highlighted by his course record 63 in the BMW PGA Championship and he also qualified for the US Open and finished joint 36th in his first US Major. Last week finished 8th in the Italian Open so coming into a bit of form. he was available earlier at 70/1 but has now dropped to around 44/1 after a good start to his round.

My original bets are attached seeing as I have posted late.

Texas Open
    Just going to have one bet on this. The Texas Open seems to be by Texans on a regular basis and local Justin Leanord will be going for a record breaking 4th title. Last years winner Zach Johnson broke the mould being from Iowa so i am going to have a bet here on John Mallinger to keep the tournament away from the locals. he finished 3rd in last weeks Players Championship and is available at 36/1 on Betfair at present which represent great value with all the big guns away for the weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Battery Rover; 14/05/2009 at 2:12 PM. Reason: Added Texas Open

Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Have castano and oliver wilson meself. Meant to bet on the texas open but forgot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers fan View Post
    Have castano and oliver wilson meself. Meant to bet on the texas open but forgot.
    Was very tempted to back Oliver Wilson at 70/1 but was just worried that his injury that made him doubtful wouldn't hold out for the weekend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Ya was thinking the same but I just said I'd have a small pop on him. He did well enough in the wgc events so i thought with the weak field this week he might have a good each way shout. His odds were 50/1 on the PP website which I thought was alright. Then when I put the money she gave me odds of 35/1 the biatch. He's started well though so alls good in the hood!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Got out with a small profit last week hedging so hoping for better this week.

Tow big competition this week with nearly all the big guns out especially in Europe as the Chase for Dubai continues.

Two picks from each this week

BMW PGA Championship

Marc Warren
    Finished a respectable 4th in the Irish Open last week in wind and rain and much the same promised this week so coupling this with the hated greens of Wentworth I am going to back him at 110 on Betfair.

Daniel Vancsik
    Winner of the Italian Open two weeks ago came down to eart with a bump when missing the cut in the Irish Open. Hopefully that was just part of winning his first tournament so going to bet on him at 240 (Betfair) with the hope that he can get a good score in Round 1 and money can be made laying him to win

Byron Nelson Championships
    With Phil Mickleson dropping out due to his wifes battle with breast cancer it leave this competition wide open with the favourite priced at 20/1

Brian Gay
    Won the Verizon heritage a couple of weeks ago by 10 shots but then suffered a bout of the flu and withdrew from the Player Championship after a first round 74. Back playing this week and hoping the winning form continues. Priced at 46 (Betfair).

Y E Yang
    In good form this season having won the Honda Classic and finishing Top 20 in three other tournaments. Having a bet here because I believe he is way overpriced at 160 (Betfair) and might cause a surprise in this one

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Scott Verplank@40. Always does well here and is in decent enough form at the moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Yeah was thinking of that but then the Sunday World went and tipped him