Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rovers 0-3 Shams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rovers 0-3 Shams

Hopefully a good crowd for this, there seems to be a big away crowd coming from Dublin for this so should be a good atmosphere and hopefully a good crowd in general.

Twigg seems absolute quality and if we can stop him i fancy ourselves but it will be tight, by they have not won down here in 10 years, so hopefully we can keep the run going saturday evening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

saturday night at the showgrounds.....

.... who cares which picture you see / etc etc....

the shams game last season (3:2, i think?) was mighty - goals, fisticuffs, handbags, the full monty - one of the best this foreign blow-in has enjoyed!

looking forward to saturday

see y'all

KEEP HER COUNTRY!

DIMITRI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    lost 3-0. o grady sent off. parkhouse missed pen.
    woeful stuff-no fight.
    shams were hungrier and could have won by six.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    thought brush could have done better on first 2 goals but hard to be critical as a very good keeper who has improved since joining. we have no midfield all season. connor runs his heart out but cant do it all on his own. incidently a red card for him and another suspension we dont need, captains are meant to lead by example !!! we have no wingers at the club its like playing with 9 men every game, cash plays better when coming on as a sub. i feel for our strikers are brill and run and show all day, never do we get less than 100% and ya can put peers in that caterigory. feeney was shocking. ya cant take anything away from shams they were excellent. 2 very good strikers and showed us how defending should be done. richie ryan does not leave the centre circle and is 2 fond of going back with the ball, he is gone back the ways as a footballer imo. i like alan keane for me he is the best of the new signings. we badly need almeida back to shore up defence, peers is a one man show and how long can we keep him ? have we as a team gone bakwards this year.........i honestly hope not it kills me to see us play this bad. we have only played 2 good games all season, bohs and derry. hopefully this performance gives the lads a kick up the ass as not good enough losing to part timers so badly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    disapointing result, move on...
    but on an aside who else thinks the draw for the trip to europe with the team was fixed...?
    well done alan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rovers 0-3 Shams

Very very very very bad.
    Well done to the fans who sang them off, there are alot(most) fans in the world would boo their team off after their worst preformance in years but ye kept heart, I couldn't though, I'm one of those majority who just can't stand for it and would rather let the team know how i really feel, sunshiner! Fair play lads though ye deserve better.
    On the match, oh god. I was the one who spoke about Richie only this week. I must have given his a curse because he was shocking the only player worse was Morrison. Morrison, Morrison, Morrison, i don't know. He thinks he is the 'white pele'. Takes on players when there is just no need to, when simple balls are by far the better choice. Wastes too much posession. He frustrated the hell out of me tonight and caused the second goal by being to lazy in the tackle down the wing when the ball was there to be won. Parkhouse is in very bad shape and i doubt Cook's ability to get him into shape after the episode with Foy. But who knows. Parkhouses committment is questionable.

I know people have been saying give them time to gel, oh we have loads of injuries, etc etc. But you can't have exuses for that tonight. It felt like the second of the movies the 'Matrix'. The first being Dundalk, and now today the sequel: Shams, the second just being more rubbish than the first.

I got out of Hospital a day early to see that tonight as well, what a sickener.

Like Rovers100% said its just not good enough getting bet 3-0 by a bunch of part timers at home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Very poor

As one of the lads said,we have resorted to too much hoofing. But the key difference between this year and last is our full backs. Tonight our full backs were keane(who has been brilliant) and ventre,neither of whom can cross/go forward. Last year a lot of our attacks started off through seamie and himself and butler were constantly bombing forward,providing options and overlaps. We really miss that this season and hence why we lack creativity. We created sweet FA tonight. And despite the fact that we have two small strikers we still hoof it forward to them

I don't see how we can play so well against bohs and then just not turn up tonight.

A good crowd of shams fans,and they were very vocal,fair play. Tis a pity our lads couldn't put in a decent performance considering there was a big enough crowd.

2 wins in 11 games is worrying but I still think the lads can pick it up....

As an aside,does anyone know how many people entered the draw for the europa cup trip thingy majig?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i agree last year our full backs got forward brilliantly, they hid the fact we have no wing play, how can we expect to progress and achieve when we play with 9 men cos morrison & doherty do nothing. is it a lot to ask for 90 minutes of hard work and try something. worst is morrison actually has ability just loves himself too much and is so greedy and wont release the right ball 99% of the time. brush, peers, keane, o gredy, boco and raf all doing a job, holmes not bad the rest need to take a long hard look at themselves. do they not want to do better for themselves never mind the club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Jesus that was woeful, our midfield is terrible. Ryan likes to pass the ball square or back he was particularly disappointing i thought as he has football in him. Morrison is another one who has ability but takes way to much out of the ball. We have no drive from midfield, the ball to the front line last night was laughable nothing positive going forward from the team as a whole, takes an age to do anything no quick football anymore. I think we had one effort on target and that was Raf's header in the second half which lacked conviction, while the team as a whole lack hunger. Only positive thing i saw was young Danny Keohane who came on in the second half, i like the look of this lad and he looks comfortable on the ball.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers fan View Post
    The key difference between this year and last is our full backs. Tonight our full backs were keane(who has been brilliant) and ventre,neither of whom can cross/go forward. Last year a lot of our attacks started off through seamie and himself and butler were constantly bombing forward,providing options and overlaps. We really miss that this season and hence why we lack creativity.
    Absolutely spot on.
    Most of our flowing football last year was created by our two attacking full backs. It was Colemans ability to take on players that made space for everyone else last year, same as Butler. We simply don't have that this year.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Question

Shamie Coleman where are you when we need you. Guess by the amount of games Everton reserves play, Shamie could nearly slip over and put a game in for us at the weekends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rovers100% View Post
    do they not want to do better for themselves never mind the club
    Very disapointed after last night and have to agree with all of the above,
    Im not going to pick out players but rovers100% raises a great question.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Thumbs down

It's not getting any better really. I was one of those who heralded Parkhouse as a great new signing. I have been soundly proven wrong on that one. I doubt Harps would even have him back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Report up.

I still can't believe how bad we were last night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That was terrible last night, I would've taught the lads would have been full of confidence after Mondays win. Apart from O'Grady, our midfield were below average last night, Richie Ryan is capable of so much more than back passing, Brian Cash didn't look comfortable on the ball, and Morrison, whats happened to him ? he was a joy to watch at derry now hes just lost that form, he's to greedy with ball, he needs to pass every now and again at least. And how right was I about Parkhouse , hes absolute tripe on front of goal with us, he has height you would think he'd use it FFS!. Raf and Boco played well when they had the ball at their feet but I felt sorry for them looking at the football being played by the lads supposed to be supplying them. The positives we can take from this is, Keohane coming on, hes much more comfortable on the ball than Feeney. Feeney was another dissapointment last night, he played well on Monday, but tonight was a different level of football compared to Finn Harps. Our other positive is the improved and IMO, MOTM performance by Ventre, he was by far our best player,rarely gave away possesion, won the ball alot without conceding a free kick or penalty, hope he keeps it up, if he does this for every game now he will get on fine this season. I hope Cookie has something planned to get them going again, as its not looking good now. Lads was that really a penalty they deserved last night do any of ye know ? it looked like a clean shoulder shoulder to me.
    Last edited by sligofan4ever; 10/05/2009 at 10:25 AM.
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Feck, that bad eh?

Hopefully we can go to Pats and nick a win. The boys should at least be more motivated than Kenna´s. At least we, usually, keep things tighter at the back than they do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Terrible night. There seems to be two or three out there who are just happy to swan about the pitch on a Friday/Saturday then collect their wage cheque after. On the bright side: Gavin Peers
    Last edited by Rovers1; 10/05/2009 at 1:20 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Smile rov v shams

i was'nt at the game last night but was very dissapointed with the result. from reading the posts here we seem to have big problems. this is very dissapointing that the team is not performong as there is a lot of good work being done about the place and a lot of people have put in a mighty effort to get the ground ready for europe. from my observation of the game against harps feeney is not good enough, he is to slow and causes problems for peers who wants to move the ball at pace. morrison carries the ball to much and as someone here suggested tries to beat a player twice(however on a faster football surface he can be better). at this stage paul cook hopefully notices what everybody else can see i.e. morrison needs to be coached better and his bad points pointed out. cparkhouse has'nt shown anything at all (it will be a miricle if he improves) doherty is like a warm breeze
    he blows now and again but rarely performs. the biggest dissapointment for me is ryan he takes the easy option playing the ball square or backwards(is this what he is being told to do?) he needs a boot up the ar****. he seems to have lost the ability to beat a player and like feeney cannot play the ball at pace therefore giving the opposition time to defend. a lot of our players need to be pulled aside and there lack of committment and effort pointed out.
    we need to turn it around very fast. paul cook always preached 150 per cent committment from his players this is not happening at the moment (some are giving their all). apart from our league position at the moment ther is for ever the financial situation which is there every day when we wake up. if we stay in this position the crowds will dwindle and god help us. it is now hugely important that we get a result from next game and win the league cup match

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Shams are fairly ordinary but when Rovers go behind the game is over. They had no tempo or pace to the game. Its true that they tend to hoof the ball up but this is partly due and has been said already the full backs are basically no good on the ball. Christ it funny in a way but the two front lads Cretaro and Boco would make better full backs than the two regular boys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    swap parkhouse for young dave?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast