Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1452

Thread: Roy Keane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    so, to summarise, two men, and one of their wives, were on the same flight, and didn't speak to one another.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Yes, to summarise, that just because we in the age of where boredom hits in after a mere second of dead air, where a radio news reports needs to to have an audible background beat, does not mean that the act of shunning between 2 of the most compelling characters in the world of football is not an interesting slice of intense action drama.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0619/709...y-keane-court/

Taxi for Fateh Kerar (as Keane is acquitted of the road rage incident) and who goes in to the witness protection programme

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/201...ction-program/
    Last edited by OwlsFan; 19/06/2015 at 3:17 PM.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

4. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Were the Jury all UTD Fans.

Mind you if the Trial was in Manchester that is unlikely….. boom boom…...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    https://twitter.com/JoeyThorpe96/sta...853824/photo/1

Sky Sports think this is actually Roy Keane or are in on the joke?
    Last edited by TheOneWhoKnocks; 27/06/2015 at 7:43 PM.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Of course they're not in on the joke. The news media is gradually just turning into **** People On Twitter Said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Someone needs to set up a "**** people on twitter said" account on twitter, and let the whole mess collapse in on itself
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    Roy Keane book openly criticises cramped conditions in mother's womb
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roy Keane's new autobiography is set to dominate the back pages of newspapers and much office chatter if the details slowly emerging ahead of its publication are anything to go by.

The book, provisionally titled Everybody is a Pr*ck Except Me, largely focuses on the later years of his playing career, and brings the reader right up to 2014.

One detour from this formula sees the Cork man discuss one of his earliest childhood memories - being stuck in a cramped womb.

'Very little planning went in to the whole construction, obviously. We're talking about a bodily process that has seen billions born throughout the history of mankind and here I am, a future United captain, struggling for room to fully stretch out my legs,' reads the opening of the third chapter of Keane's book.

'You've, what, nine months to really plan it; to make changes, adjustments - Jesus - even get a decent light in the place but they didn't, and by the time I was born I had plenty to say to my parents about it. My first words were 'amateur hour' and 'I'm disappointed in you'.

Keane's book, which is sure to be a bestseller, also covers much of his time away from the game post-retirement. 'I had played at the highest level and never really had an opportunity to enjoy some time off,' Keane says, as he details the year he spent travelling the globe in an attempt to see some of the world's greatest cultural sites and feats of human achievement.

'Visited the Sistine Chapel: boring. Sh*t technique for a painter if we're being honest. The Pyramids: built too far out of town with poor public services and feckin* sand everywhere. Gaudi's cathedral: the pr*ck never bothered to finish it, like...' Keane goes on like this for 4 chapters.

Keane's ghostwriter, Roddy Doyle, revealed that the experience was arduous at times. 'I wrestled with Roy on the number of character assassinations he should put in the book,' explained Doyle, 'but in the end he got his way and the bit about Gandhi being 'f*cking useless in a street fight' stayed in'.

(c) Waterford Whispers http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Linked with the vacant Hull job.

How great would it be if there was an Irish manager in the Premier League again?

The natives may look at it differently but from an Irish perspective, it could mean an opportunity for Lenihan, a chance for Meyler to push his Ireland credentials and who can forget all the Irish players he signed for Sunderland?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    Linked with the vacant Hull job.

How great would it be if there was an Irish manager in the Premier League again?

The natives may look at it differently but from an Irish perspective, it could mean an opportunity for Lenihan, a chance for Meyler to push his Ireland credentials and who can forget all the Irish players he signed for Sunderland?
    I'd prefer if he stayed with the national team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    I very much doubt he is going to get the Hull job. He just seems to be the token name linked with anyone and everyone in the bottom half of the Premiership or the top half of the Championship when a vacancy arises.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

14. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I'd prefer if he stayed with the national team.
    i didn't know you supported Hull?

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    I like this photo of him celebrating all the same. Shows there is a human/football supporter side to him. You can see Martin O'Neill though thinking about what to do next.

Attachment 2442

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Class photo! He really took off, which is possibly more unusual seeing as it was a penalty. I think the fact that it went in off the post added to the relief though, there was that split second when you think it's been missed.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    If he had used that high jumping ability in his playing days, he might have been a half decent player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    was watching Barcelona train today

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Stephen Elliott's latest piece has a bit lamenting Roy Keane's decision to cancel 2006-07 Championship-winning Sunderland's celebratory street-parade: https://www.sportdec.com/app/article...l1mjwuau0pjf2h

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Elliott
    As i mentioned earlier on, I was also part of another Championship winning squad at Sunderland in 2006-2007.

We had just won the league again after a tremendous squad effort under the guidance of our new manager Roy Keane. It was the club’s second one in three years and the squad were all set for the open top-bus parade through the city. We were really over the moon as we had got off to an absolute shocker that season, which made winning the league all that sweeter.

The excitement for our big day out soon dwindled when we realised that Roy had decided to cancel the parade and the civic reception that was planned.

His reasoning being that he didn't think winning the Championship trophy warranted a street party. Instead, we were going to receive the trophy privately at a plush hotel with only our family present.

It was a bit of a disappointment to say the least, as there was not nearly as much buzz in the squad when our captain Dean Whitehead received the trophy in front of our wives, then there would have been in front of thousand of supporters.

It turned out to be a great night where leading Irish comedian Tommy Tiernan played a blinder in performing a fantastic little gig for us.

Still though, I do wish Roy had thought more about his decision to cancel the parade. I understood his reasoning that we shouldn't be having a public celebration for getting to a league where the club should be anyway.

But I also feel that because he was so used to winning the Premier League and other major trophies as a player, he may have been slightly embarrassed at that time celebrating a lesser one.

The reason I say this, is because there were players in that squad who had never experienced what it was like to win a trophy before that season. I'm sure they would have loved to have experienced the buzz of what parading the trophy through a packed out city was like.

I remember our veteran goalkeeper at the time, Darren Ward, telling me he was absolutely devastated that the bus parade had been cancelled. He was in the twilight of his career and was hoping to share the moment with his kids and family as he had never won anything before then.

He also knew it would probably be his last chance to do so. There were a few others in a similar boat to Wardy and some who are still playing now who have yet to win anything.

Even to this day, it saddens me a little knowing that there are a few lads who were part of that squad, who will never get to experience such a special occasion, as it really is the best feeling ever.

Most footballers play football to try and manufacture special moments that live with them forever and I can't help but feel like Roy took these moments away from certain guys that season.

However, I'm glad that I was lucky enough to experience more days like this afterwards. I will be forever grateful for these memories and nobody will be able to take them away from my family and I.

23. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Stephen Elliott
    "It turned out to be a great night where leading Irish comedian Tommy Tiernan played a blinder in performing a fantastic little gig for us.
    Tommy Tiernan recalls the time he got the Roy Keane ‘scowl’

25. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Roy ain't a people person ...........and for at least some of his football management he wasn't a footballers person either.............

I hope he is working on it if he wants another go at management............

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Roy ain't a people person ...........and for at least some of his football management he wasn't a footballers person either.............

I hope he is working on it if he wants another go at management............
    Well, looking at his punditry even recently, I would say Roy still has a bit of that journey ahead of him on that front. I am sure he will achieve full enlightenment though and post you tubes of himself by trout streams picking spring flowers.

28. Thanks From:

Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast