Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 49 of 70 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Shane Duffy D Norwich b.1992

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Yeah and there's been games where he has been at least partially at fault for goals too, but I think it's inevitable with the constant pressure their back four are under. Something has to give eventually. They just do everything wrong as a team.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    So do you think that about Hendrick, out of interest ? As I am starting to wonder if this is the case, as earlier on when he broke in their side, he was linked with fast moves a division up but we are some time later now and not only is he still a Derby player, he is still in and out there. Maybe he is as Giles called them, an 'on their day' player but isnt week in week out at that standard ?
    It is exactly what I think about Hendrick. But with him its more fits and bursts. I don't think he has the consistency to be a top midfielder. Again its difficult to tell from the first game or two. He will give his all, and perhaps in those games its the ones where he will show a higher level than normal. I never got the thing about him moving up myself I didn't see anyone coming in for him unless he managed to get promoted with a team from Division 1.

*I am just waiting for Junior to come on and out Stutts and I about some average-run-of-the-mill young irish we watched at a game once
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,696 Posts
    I'm saying nothing, though I would like to point out I was also at that FAI / Monkeano brekky in London and MON needed a translator to understand your questions.

I think the "on their day" tag can apply to a lot of players at international level. We've had several down the years. It doesn't bother me so much as long as their "on days" are for us.

I think Hendrick has shown flashes of something a bit more than ordinary, much much more so than Meyler for example. His assists for two vital goals (O'Shea and Walters) were invaluable.

4. Thanks From:

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Meyler is more defensive, Hendrick does not contribute as much there but is better on the offensive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,317 Posts
    isn't a lack of inconsistency a good thing?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

7. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,696 Posts
    Not if he's not inconsistently bad

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    "3 Shane Duffy’s Euro 2016 hopes have taken a knock after being dropped to the bench for Blackburn’s last two games following a couple of individual mistakes in last weekend’s game against Huddersfield."
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    4th goal of the season for Duffy today.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,696 Posts
    Shane Duffy’s Euro 2016 hopes have been given a boost after scoring.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    He is 6th in the championship stats, that goal might boost him up a place or two.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,317 Posts
    Won Blackburn goal of the season for this strike against Brentford: http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article...y-3099531.aspx
    goal at 1:27
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Surely won celebration of the season too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Good goal, I was expecting something a little more spectacular but I guess I am hard to please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Shane on coming back after the life-threatening injury and his hopes of making the final squad: http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...-34743377.html

Duffy said: "I appreciate everything after [the life-threatening injury], to be honest. It's been six years since it happened and to be back in the fold is obviously a big thing for me and my family.

"But it's not just this, it's being back playing on the pitch and everything in my life, to be honest.

"I do look at everything a bit differently after that, to be honest. It took me a while to get going and I came back a bit early from it, but it's one of those things."

Derry-born Duffy was then an emerging player at Everton, but eventually had to take a step backwards before he could get his career heading in the right direction once again.

Loan spells with Burnley, Scunthorpe and Yeovil handed him the regular football he craved before he got his chance at Ewood Park, securing a permanent move in September 2014, and he has not looked back since.

His development has been such that he was worked his way into O'Neill's sights having been denied a debut under Giovanni Trapattoni by his injury back in 2010.

Duffy finally got his chance in an end-of-season friendly against Costa Rica in Philadelphia in June 2014, but had to wait until the 1-0 friendly victory over Switzerland in March this year for his second appearance.

However, he revealed he set himself a target as he watched his compatriots head for the Euro 2012 finals in Poland from his armchair, and that target could yet be achieved.

Duffy said: "I probably wasn't ready four years ago. I sat there and I was obviously watching the lads, and you want to go out and represent your country if you are in the game.

"It was just, 'I want to try my best to try to get to the next one - and if I can't get to that one, I'll try my best to get to the next one after that'.

"You have got to set it as a target and that's what I did, and hopefully I can be there."

Duffy's hopes of making the squad have been increased by the news that Stoke's Marc Wilson will not make it because of injury, while fellow defenders Paul McShane and Alex Pearce have been placed on stand-by.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,317 Posts
    Shane Duffy: It's surreal to be here - http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article...d-3138877.aspx

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,097 Posts
    http://www.derryjournal.com/sport/fo...uffy-1-7482011

Linked with Celtic again. Swap move with James Forrest mentioned about the place, or something like it. It's been in a couple of tabloids I think.

PL sides mentioned in that article also. PL move would be ideal but I'd rather see him at Celtic than Blackburn or another Championship side come the new season.

Sidenote: Ciaran Clark linked with £4.5m move to WBA in tabloids today too. Don't think that would be the best move for Ireland. I could see him playing left back in a Pulis flat back four comprising of four centre-halves. And I don't think that's his long-term position for us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    He should wait and see if Celtic qualify for the group stages of the CL before making his mind up!

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    782 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    http://www.derryjournal.com/sport/fo...uffy-1-7482011

PL move would be ideal but I'd rather see him at Celtic than Blackburn or another Championship side come the new season..
    Why is that? Standard of the Championship is overall higher than that of the SPL so it would be better for him to be playing at a higher standard, especially if, as DeLorean says, Celtic don't make the group stage of the Champions League.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

23. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,097 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    Why is that? Standard of the Championship is overall higher than that of the SPL so it would be better for him to be playing at a higher standard, especially if, as DeLorean says, Celtic don't make the group stage of the Champions League.
    DeLorean has put that to me before and I've given my opinion on it as well. But I'll repeat what I think for you. I think that there's a good chance they'll get into the CL, I like Rodgers and I think that playing at Celtic hasn't done Virgil Van Dijk any harm.

DeLorean's suggested strategy could be the best for him but hard to see a Derry lad thinking like that maybe?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    DeLorean's suggested strategy could be the best for him but hard to see a Derry lad thinking like that maybe?
    To really rub it in to our Derry folk, you could have written ..... '...............no offense meant but hard to see a Derry lad thinking like that' ....

Page 49 of 70 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast