Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Good news and bad news

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good news and bad news

Mike Kerley has been short-listed for the eL personality of the year, along with Fenlon, Jason Byrne, Jimmy McGeough, John Gill.

I read on the Cork City site that Steven O'Flynn expected to be announced as a Dublin City player this week.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Re: Good news and bad news

Originally posted by LFC in Exile
    Mike Kerley has been short-listed for the eL personality of the year, along with Fenlon, Jason Byrne, Jimmy McGeough, John Gill.

I read on the Cork City site that Steven O'Flynn expected to be announced as a Dublin City player this week.
    Great news for the club that someone has been recognised for an amazing season. Hope Mike goes on to win it now, but with the majority of the journos being Dublin based, I'd say Fenlon is a shoe-in.
    One nominee you missed out on LFCIE, (and I'm very surprised and disappointed in you that you made such a faux pas ) is Alan Matthews, the Longford gaffer, and considering the season they've had, 4th in Premier, FAI Cup winners, League Cup runners-up, in UEFA Cup next season, I think he should win it.
    On the Stevo thing, I know that he's considering an offer from Dublin City, but Cork will also be making him an offer very very soon, and I think he might go there. With the other O'Flynn, Fenn, and Georgie there, he might struggle to make the side, but I believe he's good enough to partner JOF, with Georgie sitting in behind. That would be some front three. Plus you can be sure that one or more of the above three is going to be injured during most stages of the season, and Cork are in Europe next season. And, a 20 mile drive to training is a little better than either commuting a 300 mile round trip or living in this godforesaken, majorly expensive hole we call our capital.
    Whatever he does, I wish him all the best, cos he's been nothing short of a legend during his time here!!

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    But you'd have to change your signature Joe... is it really worth it???
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I know....I know. Still, if we can make enough money out of the deal to stabilise us for a while, then it might have some good come of it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by joeSoap
    I know....I know. Still, if we can make enough money out of the deal to stabilise us for a while, then it might have some good come of it...
    I'm confused too. How can we make any money out of it?
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Yeah, surely O'Flynn is out of contract so we won't make a penny? Unless Steven loves us so much that he's going to send us his unopened wage packet every week?
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Eircom League rules stipulate that once a player aged 23 or under is registered to a club, but out of contract, then the club are entitled to a transfer fee should the player move on. Since Paddy Purcell is the only one over 23, we stand to make money on anyone else who moves to another club.If a fee cannot be agreed, then it goes to a tribunal, and surely the tribunal committee will look favourably upon paupers such as ourselves.