Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Quality

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quality

Just watched a bit of the news there and Stephen Hunt did a bit of an interview, he didnt know untill half time that we were 1-0 down, got a bang on the head right before the italian goal and only recovered afterwards, class

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder about him sometimes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    I wouldn't be a huge fan of Hunt but last night was by far his best game for Ireland. He never stopped harrying and hastling. He also ran at both full backs especially Grosso. A real maverick footballer but I'm glad he plays for us.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I think Hunt did enough to show that he's a legitimate 90 minute man. I still feel he's only ever one rash tackle away from a straight red card, but he's a great industrial player & has a decent enough touch when the occassion takes him.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Yeah he gives it his all, but just sometimes he fouls in stupid areas when the player is going nowhere, its just over egger to get the ball which can't be knocked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richieos View Post
    Just watched a bit of the news there and Stephen Hunt did a bit of an interview, he didnt know untill half time that we were 1-0 down, got a bang on the head right before the italian goal and only recovered afterwards, class
    And yet there's a picture on the rte website with him standing beside Given and looking on as the Italians run away in delight after scoring their goal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    I think he just likes to let on that he's an idiot...kind of like McAteer...can't be that thick...can they be?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Great guy, Stephen, who needs a run in the team. Trapp likes him and I think you will get more from him than McGeady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smasher View Post
    Great guy, Stephen, who needs a run in the team. Trapp likes him and I think you will get more from him than McGeady
    no way, ya good game last night but more for his defensive work. his delivery is very poor game after game. good backup for duff. he shouldnt be interviewed on tv though....ever. didnt realise italy scored till half time...fck sake.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    no way, ya good game last night but more for his defensive work. his delivery is very poor game after game. good backup for duff. he shouldnt be interviewed on tv though....ever. didnt realise italy scored till half time...fck sake.
    Should'nt be interviewed on tv?
    Is that because he does'nt come up with the same ,boring, run of the mill platitudes of his colleagues i.e "we knew a chance would come", "you always have a chance against ten men" or similar rubbish.
    Get a life!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i dotn think he is that good a player , but he is a brilliant fella , enthusiastic , honest and an asset to the squad, brilliant to raise the tempo when he comes on , but i would play duff every time and mcgeady too before i would start him
    Was he crazy!! Yeah , in a very special way , an Irishman.
    I slept, and dreamed that life was Beauty;
    I woke, and found that life was Duty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smasher View Post
    Should'nt be interviewed on tv?
    Is that because he does'nt come up with the same ,boring, run of the mill platitudes of his colleagues i.e "we knew a chance would come", "you always have a chance against ten men" or similar rubbish.
    Get a life!
    right as opposed to saying i didnt realise italy scored. so stephen missed the goal and the celebrations from the italians and the re-start. ya great stuff definately not run of the mill. bloody hell

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerMilla View Post
    i dotn think he is that good a player , but he is a brilliant fella , enthusiastic , honest and an asset to the squad, brilliant to raise the tempo when he comes on , but i would play duff every time and mcgeady too before i would start him

Yet he is rubbish winning all the free kicks which leads to goals from his accurate free kicks and constant hard work ball winning, his 19 or so assits this season were garbage as were his 8 goals etc all trash. Oh and that volley from outside the area which almost beat the keeper - jesus that was pure ****e, did you ever see such a fecking aweful shot in your life?. Kilbane would have buried that - in row Z, as would Mcgeady.
    Jesus he is fecking ****e give me Duff anyday he can take one step foward and then pass the ball back to the left-back all day, like a true pro.
    But I'd have him in the squad - he has a lovely head of hair, like a big mop - it looks great in the team photos. Besides he would be injured most of the time anyway like some useless ejit. And he is feckinig bone idle.
    Last edited by tricky_colour; 02/04/2009 at 1:52 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    What an effort that was from Hunt almost identical to Ray shot many moons ago obvioulsy Ray hit the net.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richieos View Post
    Suggest someone bangs him on the head at the start of every game, his best match to date for us. I'll do it if necessary - anything for the team!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post
    Yet he is rubbish winning all the free kicks which leads to goals from his accurate free kicks and constant hard work ball winning, his 19 or so assits this season were garbage as were his 8 goals etc all trash.
    Didn't realise he had 19 assists this season. That's some amount! Michael Kightly the only player in England with more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yea on the RTE build up to the game, him and Trap were being interviewed, and I honestly could not understand most of what came out of Hunt's mouth lol, he just smiled a lot and talked jibberish lol.

Who cares though. All managers would love to have a player with that enthusiasm and determination in their squad
    "Do you know what the plural for Pussy is? ... it's Pussai! ... Jimmy tought me that"

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    benching 120kgs in fairness some weight for a small man

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    I think he's at his best against stronger teams. He wasn't a regular in Readings last promotion push, but came into his own in the Premiership... I think against poor teams when he's given too much time/space his limits get exposed.
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com